Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on August 12, 2019, 09:14:48 PM
I don't know the Tyrone player, but it was ay the end of the game. It looked a cheap shot at the time.

Who clashed with brogan? Niall Sludden. And it was accidental

bcarrier

I get Hounds point about McAuley's recklessness and see him as a potential accident waiting to happen for Dublin. At some stage he is going to catch someone with one of those elbows/clothes lines and see red. That might give Kerry a chance but they need everything to go right and a lot to go wrong for the Dubs. Fenton is just different gravy and have no idea how Kerry can cope with him.

The only other glimmer I see for Kerry is that even having a good defence doesnt cut it against Dublin. So having a porous one might not make much difference and you might as well go all out attack.

yellowcard

Kerry daren't fall into the trap of worrying too much about Dublin by deploying sweepers or the like. We seen what happened them in the first half against Tyrone when they deployed a sweeper to no effect and were far too laboured in their build up play. Rather trust their own footballing ability and go man to man.

Hit Dublin where they are at their weakest - in the full back line by kicking long early ball into Geaney and Clifford with Tommy Walsh available as a viable plan B off the bench. That is where Kerry can get a lot of joy. Dublin do not like long ball kicked on top of their full back line and Kerry have some excellent ball winners inside who can also take scores. None of Byrne, Cooper or Fitzsimmons are particularly good in the air and could be exposed against that Kerry forward line. The problem I see for Kerry is that middle 8 and gaining enough possession there to get a foothold in the game. I expect Dublin to really pressurise the Kerry kick out with an unproven goalkeeper.

Make no mistake though, Kerry will have absolutely no inferiority complex against Dublin and they are defending their own counties proud record of being the most successful GAA side in history. If they were to listen to some people in the media then there is no point in turning up but they will believe they are every bit as good as this Dublin side. They will throw the kitchen sink at it and I expect that this game could well be a high scoring classic.   

Hound

Quote from: yellowcard on August 13, 2019, 11:28:16 AM
Kerry daren't fall into the trap of worrying too much about Dublin by deploying sweepers or the like. We seen what happened them in the first half against Tyrone when they deployed a sweeper to no effect and were far too laboured in their build up play. Rather trust their own footballing ability and go man to man.

Hit Dublin where they are at their weakest - in the full back line by kicking long early ball into Geaney and Clifford with Tommy Walsh available as a viable plan B off the bench. That is where Kerry can get a lot of joy. Dublin do not like long ball kicked on top of their full back line and Kerry have some excellent ball winners inside who can also take scores. None of Byrne, Cooper or Fitzsimmons are particularly good in the air and could be exposed against that Kerry forward line. The problem I see for Kerry is that middle 8 and gaining enough possession there to get a foothold in the game. I expect Dublin to really pressurise the Kerry kick out with an unproven goalkeeper.

Make no mistake though, Kerry will have absolutely no inferiority complex against Dublin and they are defending their own counties proud record of being the most successful GAA side in history. If they were to listen to some people in the media then there is no point in turning up but they will believe they are every bit as good as this Dublin side. They will throw the kitchen sink at it and I expect that this game could well be a high scoring classic.
Well, Dublin will always give chances to opposition that has an attacking gameplan. And Kerry are best equipped to take advantage of that.

I can see about 20 scores and each team should create 3-4 clearcut goal chances. I'm hoping that Dublin goals will deflate Kerry more than Kerry goals deflate Dublin. I always think the score immediately after a goal is important, kinda means it's either a 2-point goal or a 4-point goal.   

Kerry really closed Fenton down a couple of years ago in the league final. Be worried if that happened again, but Fenton is wiser and better since then.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 13, 2019, 07:27:50 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 12, 2019, 09:14:48 PM
I don't know the Tyrone player, but it was ay the end of the game. It looked a cheap shot at the time.

Who clashed with brogan? Niall Sludden. And it was accidental

Sludden wouldn't cause any damage to Brogan even with a dirty dig. Probably a solid 3 stone between the two.

Anyway, on to the final.

Dublin to win, but hopefully Kerry score a few early goals - who knows. If Kerry defend how they did v Tyrone in first half it'll be over by HT though. Hard to make any kind of argument for Kerry to be honest, they have the ability to score goals v Dublin that would be what I would cling to but hard to not see Dublin winning this one pulling up.

RedHand88

macdanger2

Dublin 1/5 Kerry 9/2, roughly the same odds as the Mayo game

yellowcard

A lot of talk from Kerry media pundits in the last day or two about David Gough's refereeing being biased towards the Dubs. He looked a shoe in to get the final given that he has yet to referee one but it will be interesting to see if he gets it now. If he does he will be under a lot of scrutiny.

Farrandeelin

What's everyone's thinking on how they hope it'll go? Personally I hope Dublin win, (not for the same reasons as most others do i.e. to hope they win 10 in a row so the GAA wake up.) but to read the Kerry people views afterwards. I'm sure they'll pull every trick available to try and stop Dublin from doing it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2019, 01:07:00 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 13, 2019, 11:44:59 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2019, 07:32:03 AM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0812/1068421-dublin-kerry-is-the-final-football-needs/

Such a load o crap

Well it didn't need that debacle last year.

What are you on about you eejit? That game was closer than most games involving Dublin.

It was Dublin's largest winning margin in a final of the 6 they have won recently

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2019, 10:39:21 PM
What's everyone's thinking on how they hope it'll go? Personally I hope Dublin win, (not for the same reasons as most others do i.e. to hope they win 10 in a row so the GAA wake up.) but to read the Kerry people views afterwards. I'm sure they'll pull every trick available to try and stop Dublin from doing it.

The optics are important

The pundits will be focusing on the contest  and Dublin v Kerry.
Sponsors and advertisers will be hoping that the game is close so people don't
turn off.

Kerry really want to stop 5 in a row but it may be beyond them.

The reaction of the Kerry media mafia is important. Do they accept the challenge for next year or do they agree that the system is broken and that the GAA broke it?

This depends on how the Dubs act. 5 minutes of handpassing piggy in the middle halfway through the second half against Kerry might be an insult too far.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Crete Boom

I like you Farr would be up for the Dubs in the final. It has nothing to do with wanting to prove an argument about unfairness in funding( although there is merit in a debate about the current structure of funding) or football styles as while I like certain styles of football (especially the way Dublin, Kerry, Roscommon, Armagh and now Donegal play) most All Ireland winners I have seen would play great football to win along the way. For me it is to see an exceptional team do something no senior inter county team has done before in the history of the GAA and the fact that while Kerry are underdogs for this game they are not really an underdog in football terms considering they have 36 titles to their name!!