Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

Is anyone really surprised by this result?

Lennon not good enough tactically or can't motivate them for the big games.  Too loyal to certain players and if they're his purchases, a lot of them are not good enough. Player no striker tonight is a disgrace - the other 2 strikers were not fit??? WTF??

The bigger problem is not Lennon.  He was the cheap option and is Lawell's man - he won't rock the boat. The bigger problem is the Lawell and the board.  I've said this loads of time before. Won't spend money on quality players and try and scrimp through to the Champions League group stages by spending as little as possible.

The only advantage of this is there will be no excuses in terms of the league now.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Hound

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 26, 2020, 09:43:38 PM
That's on Lennon. 78 mins before we had a striker on the pitch ffs
Admittedly only on a quarter of an hour, but he didn't look like much of a striker

rodney trotter

Celtic were missing French Eddy, but had 3 strikers on the bench. Playing at home and not starting a striker was asking for trouble.

That's a shocking defeat for Celtic. Celtic could win the league again and pretend it's all rosy but it's not. Haven't qualified for the CL group stages since 2016.

ned

Quote from: Targetman on August 26, 2020, 09:46:35 PM
Feckin shite, whats the point in signing strikers and not even playing 1 when our marquee striker isn't playing, champions league my hole!!

Klimala isn't up to speed or isn't good enough, Ajeti isnt fit enough and Griffiths is a numpty. Not much option but Christie up top was obviously not going to work. NL has overseen poor results in Europe in his second stint and that probably tops the lot. Ferencvaros were poor, defended well and scored with two chances. Moi should have had a penalty right enough just before they scored. Honestly it is perplexing how these "small" clubs outdo us consistently.

JimStynes

That'll be French Eddy away then! Not even surprised by the result. Not be putting the house on the 10 in a row anyway

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: ned on August 26, 2020, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: Targetman on August 26, 2020, 09:46:35 PM
Feckin shite, whats the point in signing strikers and not even playing 1 when our marquee striker isn't playing, champions league my hole!!

Klimala isn't up to speed or isn't good enough, Ajeti isnt fit enough and Griffiths is a numpty. Not much option but Christie up top was obviously not going to work. NL has overseen poor results in Europe in his second stint and that probably tops the lot. Ferencvaros were poor, defended well and scored with two chances. Moi should have had a penalty right enough just before they scored. Honestly it is perplexing how these "small" clubs outdo us consistently.

Are Ferencvaros a small club in this context? One European trophy and lost two finals. Biggest fish in a small pond

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on August 26, 2020, 09:48:54 PM

Lennon not good enough tactically or can't motivate them for the big games.  Too loyal to certain players and if they're his purchases, a lot of them are not good enough. Player no striker tonight is a disgrace - the other 2 strikers were not fit??? WTF??

The bigger problem is not Lennon.  He was the cheap option and is Lawell's man - he won't rock the boat. The bigger problem is the Lawell and the board.  I've said this loads of time before. Won't spend money on quality players and try and scrimp through to the Champions League group stages by spending as little as possible.

The only advantage of this is there will be no excuses in terms of the league now.

Absolutely, Lennon is so far out of his depth it's unreal. He knows he is beholden to Lawwell to be managing Celtic so he will suck up whatever crumbs Lawwell feeds to him.

Lawwell is an absolute cancer on the club, one of the highest paid chief executives in world football and his club has got knocked out by Cluj, Copenhagen and Ferencvaros in Europe in the past 12 months.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on August 26, 2020, 09:58:39 PM

Absolutely, Lennon is so far out of his depth it's unreal. He knows he is beholden to Lawwell to be managing Celtic so he will suck up whatever crumbs Lawwell feeds to him.

Lawwell is an absolute cancer on the club, one of the highest paid chief executives in world football and his club has got knocked out by Cluj, Copenhagen and Ferencvaros in Europe in the past 12 months.
Sorry to interject with some realism but that is Celtic's level.

bennydorano

2 clown goals given away, half a dozen chances+ blew. Lennon carries the can as manager surely but he wasn't kicking ball 2nite.

As for the striker situation, his hand was obviously forced 2nite, Ajeti looked like a carthorse when he came on, subs bench was obviously the right place for him tbh.

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on August 26, 2020, 10:01:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 26, 2020, 09:58:39 PM

Sorry to interject with some realism but that is Celtic's level.

Celtic's level is getting humiliated by teams with a fraction of their budget with a pub manager in charge and one of the highest paid football executives in the game?

tonto1888

Celtic's level is Europa league and if we can't beat that team we definitely have no place being in the CL.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 26, 2020, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 26, 2020, 09:44:13 PM
That said. A lot of people on here have very short memories

I can remember Cluj and Copenhagen and I can remember the performances against the huns last year.

Lennon is completely out of his depth in this job.

What Brown was doing on the pitch near the end beggars belief.

James f**king Forrest, I don't know where to start on this guy.......

Can you remember winning at ibrox last season? Can you remember winning the league last year? Can you remember beating lazio home and away and topping the EL group or is it only bad resukts you remember? I'm pisses off tonight and Lennon has to carry the can for that result but some of the reactions are over the top. Knee jerk reactions you would hope

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 26, 2020, 10:08:12 PM
Celtic's level is Europa league and if we can't beat that team we definitely have no place being in the CL.

Celtic should be qualifying for the Champions League every year.

The Champions path for the CL qualifiers is extremely negotiable, AEK Athens, Ferencvaros, Cluj are all poor teams with a fraction of the resources Celtic have. It's an embarrassment but that's what you get when you have a greedy suit only interested in lining his pockets who is calling the shots and the man he picks to manage the players is a yes men who is fully aware he is out of his depth in the job.

Main Street

I can't say Ferencvarous didn't deserve it, two chances two goals, defended well and pressed Celtic high up the pitch
Celtic were wasteful after getting into good position, not enough quality goal chances created. I don't recall a save of note from their goalie.

Frimpong though looked an obvious starter.