Quote from: michaelg on November 02, 2018, 06:19:32 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 02, 2018, 12:00:48 PM
Quote from: michaelg on November 02, 2018, 07:44:19 AM
Quote from: ned on November 02, 2018, 07:29:02 AM
Quote from: michaelg on November 02, 2018, 07:09:12 AM
Quote from: general_lee on November 02, 2018, 12:03:17 AM
Quote from: michaelg on November 01, 2018, 10:46:57 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 01, 2018, 09:46:27 PM
Complete cop out re: Lennon. Has suffered sectarian abuse at every away ground in Scotland except CP but it's all his fault!! How do you work that out?

Takens abuse for 85+ mins then he decides to put finger over lips or motions his hand in a calm down type of motion and they throw coins at him.

Call it out for what it is - sectarianism because Lennon, like Mc Clean won't hide away.
There is a difference between not hiding away and antagonising people and situations.
Lennon has been getting it for 18 years. He's pantomime villain for hearts and rangers fans who are largely scumbags. It doesn't take a lot for them to get riled up where an Irish Catholic is concerned
Funny how BR and MON don't seem to get the same attention.

Not sure what the point is there. Majority of players and managers who celebrate in similar way to NL don't have coins thrown at them. Mourinho doing his knee slide down the touchline didn't have an object thrown at him. Why not? I've seen both BR and MON celebrate with exuberance so why NL is singled out mystifies. Just because idiots react to NL does not mean he is doing anything wrong.
As I said before, celebrating your own team's goal is different to what NL did the other night.  Cause and effect.  Had he not done what he did the other night , he would not have got hit in the face with a coin.  It's pretty straightforward.
That's a disgraceful comment from one who portrays himself as the voice of reason. Lennon did little more than tell Hearts fans to settle down. The uncomfortable fact is that their is a large sectarian element within the NI/Hearts/Rangers supporters who single Lennon out and McClean because they don't fit the tame taig knowing his place model they prefer.
Not sure how what I stated can be construed as disgraceful.  I am not condoing the sc**bag who threw the coin in any way.  I was simply stating that, in my opinion, Lennon's actions led to the incident. 
As for your second point, give an example of a "tame taig", as you put it.  High profile Irish catholics in football such as BR and MON, who are forthright in their views when the situation requires it, don't get the same attention that Lennon NL receives.  There is a difference between "singling people out" and being antagonisitic and bringing attention to yourself.
Paddy McCourt and Niall Maginn have been on the recieving end before. I am acquainted with a few catholics who played Irish League for so called Protestant teams who have stated that the sectarianism from their own fans was as vile as any from opponents. NI soccer is toxic.
Paddy McCourt and Niall Maginn have been two of the most popular NI players in recent years.  Why don't you actually attend a match to experience the "toxic" atmosphere.

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on November 03, 2018, 09:59:05 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 03, 2018, 09:25:01 AM
Complete cop out re: Lennon. Has suffered sectarian abuse at every away ground in Scotland except CP but it's all his fault!! How do you work that out?

Takens abuse for 85+ mins then he decides to put finger over lips or motions his hand in a calm down type of motion and they throw coins at him.

Call it out for what it is - sectarianism because Lennon, like Mc Clean won't hide away.
There is a difference between not hiding away and antagonising people and situations.
Lennon has been getting it for 18 years. He's pantomime villain for hearts and rangers fans who are largely scumbags. It doesn't take a lot for them to get riled up where an Irish Catholic is concerned

Not sure what the point is there. Majority of players and managers who celebrate in similar way to NL don't have coins thrown at them. Mourinho doing his knee slide down the touchline didn't have an object thrown at him. Why not? I've seen both BR and MON celebrate with exuberance so why NL is singled out mystifies. Just because idiots react to NL does not mean he is doing anything wrong.
As I said before, celebrating your own team's goal is different to what NL did the other night.  Cause and effect.  Had he not done what he did the other night , he would not have got hit in the face with a coin.  It's pretty straightforward.
That's a disgraceful comment from one who portrays himself as the voice of reason. Lennon did little more than tell Hearts fans to settle down. The uncomfortable fact is that their is a large sectarian element within the NI/Hearts/Rangers supporters who single Lennon out and McClean because they don't fit the tame taig knowing his place model they prefer.
Not sure how what I stated can be construed as disgraceful.  I am not condoing the sc**bag who threw the coin in any way.  I was simply stating that, in my opinion, Lennon's actions led to the incident. 
As for your second point, give an example of a "tame taig", as you put it.  High profile Irish catholics in football such as BR and MON, who are forthright in their views when the situation requires it, don't get the same attention that Lennon NL receives.  There is a difference between "singling people out" and being antagonisitic and bringing attention to yourself.
Paddy McCourt and Niall Maginn have been on the recieving end before. I am acquainted with a few catholics who played Irish League for so called Protestant teams who have stated that the sectarianism from their own fans was as vile as any from opponents. NI soccer is toxic.
Paddy McCourt and Niall Maginn have been two of the most popular NI players in recent years.  Why don't you actually attend a match to experience the "toxic" atmosphere.
Why would I, sure the union flags and GSTQ are hardly a welcome for me. Not to mention the No Surrender clearly heard on TV. I freely accept that it is not all NI or Rangers fans for that matter. But you cannot deny that there is a significant number and the IFA are not willing to tackle it.

michaelg

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 03, 2018, 11:21:39 AM

Why would I, sure the union flags and GSTQ are hardly a welcome for me. Not to mention the No Surrender clearly heard on TV. I freely accept that it is not all NI or Rangers fans for that matter. But you cannot deny that there is a significant number and the IFA are not willing to tackle it.
What are the IFA not willing to tackle?  The NS chant?  Quite hard to address to be fair.  In my opinion, there should be a NI specific anthem, but I would imagine the support would be fairly spilt down the middle on the issue.  Were GSTQ not played, would you go?   

themac_23

Quote from: michaelg on November 03, 2018, 11:37:05 AM

What are the IFA not willing to tackle?  The NS chant?  Quite hard to address to be fair.  In my opinion, there should be a NI specific anthem, but I would imagine the support would be fairly spilt down the middle on the issue.  Were GSTQ not played, would you go?

I wouldnt go, even if it was the most tranquil place on earth, the main reason being i am not Northern Irish, i am Irish so i have no interest in going to support a country i feel no affiliation to.

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on November 03, 2018, 11:37:05 AM

To be fair no, I don't support NI as a team nor do I play soccer. It is the expectation that those Nationalists who do go or play just have to suck it up, sport for all should not be divisive. Had I been brought up in a society where my national was not suppressed and sport was neutral then I probably would have a different view. In my defence I do not believe ANBh should be played for Irish Rugby given that some players are Unionist.

MoChara

I think the last two results just show how far ahead of the rest of Scotland we actually are.

Main Street

Celtic can hammer Hearts, Hibs and Rangers but are piss poor in Europe, even Rangers are more organised when playing similar european opposition that Celtic are facing.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Main Street on November 03, 2018, 05:10:54 PM
Celtic can hammer Hearts, Hibs and Rangers but are piss poor in Europe, even Rangers are more organised when playing similar european opposition that Celtic are facing.

If memory serves me right Celtic have beaten Barcelona, Man Utd, Juventus, drawn with Man City twice in recent European campaigns. Rangers only chance of doing that is on a PlayStation.

ned

Why come into this thread if all you can offer is negativity? Go and look at the respective European teams and their performances and league placings this season so far. Add in the fact that rangers last two European opponents had just sacked their managers. But then again don't let facts get in the way of a bit of mind numbing trolling.

Main Street

Quote from: ned on November 03, 2018, 06:37:22 PM

Why come into this thread if all you can offer is negativity? Go and look at the respective European teams and their performances and league placings this season so far. Add in the fact that rangers last two European opponents had just sacked their managers. But then again don't let facts get in the way of a bit of mind numbing trolling.
You call this mind numbing trolling :D  get a grip onto your senses.
Celtic's performances in Europe this year have been poor. Rangers have done well so far with a poor team. There are 3 games left, we'll see how Celtic do against Leipzig next week.  Rodgers is doing well in the EPL but tactically is struggling in europe, whereas Gerrard manages his slim resources quite well in the EL.

The team Rodgers puts out in the EL would beat Rangers 9/10 in the epl. 

Main Street

A wonderful night at Celtic Park with most everything you'd want from a Celtic 11 at home in Europe. The second goal was a charm, a total delight. Badly needed at this stage in the group.

Solo_run

Only watched the last ten minutes. Celtic need to be more composed, they gave away possession 4/5 times in the last few minutes and it could cost them in the future.

bannside

Superb result that's us back in it.  Make no mistake that's a good Leipzig team...shows that Celts season has turned a corner. Did I see Skinner Bradley in the crowd celebrating after our second goal?

clarshack

Fantastic performance and result tonight. Just hope it isn't one of those groups were 12 points doesn't even get you through.

Targetman

Great performance and result tonight, Rodgers has the team back playing to a level that has been missing for a while, really impressed with Ryan Christy who seems to have benefited from a run in the team, overall a good night!!