The Town

Started by Whitehall, August 03, 2011, 04:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitehall

Well folks. By 9pm tonight the Town will be back where they belong in the top division of hurling in this county. Then we just need the Dungers up the road relegated and it will have been a great season. Unless of course the Town would rather give Clooney the points tonight and ensure the Faughers demise. Mmmm, interesting!!!!!  Altho I think Agent Brick is doing a grand job of this on his own.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Whitehall on August 03, 2011, 04:05:49 PM
Well folks. By 9pm tonight the Town will be back where they belong in the top division of hurling in this county. Then we just need the Dungers up the road relegated and it will have been a great season. Unless of course the Town would rather give Clooney the points tonight and ensure the Faughers demise. Mmmm, interesting!!!!!  Altho I think Agent Brick is doing a grand job of this on his own.

Congratulations.

Most rational observers would suggest that the only possible way for Ballycastle to challenge for the championship again would be to amalgamate with Carey Faughs.

Now that the Donnellys have been ousted from the chairmanship will this be instigated?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Whitehall

Ha Ha Stevie boy. Jaysus ur some craic. Think u better stay away from the Old Bushmills.

Whitehall

Back where we belong. Division 2 champions with games to spare. And done our noisy little neighbours a favour into the bargain. Good win for them last night. For us it's now all focus for the Johnnies on 27th. Things starting to shape up nicely with a full squad to pick from. Good to see such a strong bench last night. Bring the Johnnies on..

saffronog

Yeah good to see town back up there.  Fair play to nander taking job when weren't many takers.  Still think that list for county trials was load of shite.  At the oul lammas fair boys were u ever there

Hurler24

Well men any views on how the town will go under Mickey McShane this year?

Ballybredagh

Think Michael will do a good job. A good sound basis to work from with Ciaran Kelly, Cossy, Cormac and Neil providing the experience and plenty of younger lads. If Ciaran Clarke (the best young forward I've seen in years) and Shane Jennings can be enticed back, that could make all the difference. Also, if Stephen McGarry could get back to what he was like in his mid/late teens (in terms of his fitness and scoring threat) that would be an added bonus.  I guess it will come down to the level of commitment/focus that Stephen and others like the Dallat twins are prepared to give, when the bit comes to the bit, but the potential is there and it will be interesting to see how they get on back in Div 1. As an exiled town man, it would be great to see them back in the mix along with the other big guns - there was nothing quite like the Town's rivalry with the Shamrocks in the 60's/70's, despite what others might think.   

the colonel

Ciaran Clarke and Jennings are back in action for ballycastle
the difference between success and failure is energy

BlackandAmber

Quote from: the colonel on March 29, 2012, 09:09:28 PM
Ciaran Clarke and Jennings are back in action for ballycastle

That's good news for the Town. A bit of flare in the forwards will surely help

Hurler24

Tbh men i think that it will depend on our younger players rather than the older boys like Pinkie and Cossie.We had a strong U21 a few years ago and its up to them lads to now carry the senior team!