Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 21, 2015, 09:37:43 AM
Wasn't it Eddie who took a great puck out from DD at the last and should've leveled it?

Yes

Why did he not start anyway? Injured?

Megaman

as ive said before i dont know why people even bother replying to the Comedy show that is GENC

Obviously very pleased with the result yesterday, 5 mins into the second half i thought we would get beat easy, but fair play to a number of players who stood up and lifted their game, we where very poor in the first half, our work rate and intensity was missing from last week.

even though we won we need to improve a whole lot before the final, too many of out players didnt play well and if they dont improve i cant see us winning the final.

Should be a different type of game and one Ballycastle will fancy winning.

btdtgtt

Forgive me but posting on the phone again so here goes my tuppance * well done cushendall deserved winners it was exciting and nervous because it was so close * I expected much more from loughgeil in terms of goal chances which is why I think cushendall prevailed * dunloy set up was fantastic they had so many club men digging in around the ground a credit to the club * I don't see ballycastle winning the championship at all think cushendall will win with a few to spare * what was wrong with eddie mccloskey? * pj will walk away with head held high but from what I hear county are fixed on external and will only be pj's if they fail to get someone * will someone please tell my boss that blackberry is done * plenty of money raised yesterday * I think dunloy will get the final

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: theskull1 on September 21, 2015, 09:37:43 AM
Wasn't it Eddie who took a great puck out from DD at the last and should've leveled it?
Yeah but he was only on for a minute & obviously wasn't fit.

NAG1

Quote from: shoebox on September 21, 2015, 10:04:50 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 21, 2015, 09:30:13 AM
I had spoke to a few lgiel ones prior to the first game and while they were confident in winning one line stuck with me from it. 'I hope we havent peaked too soon'.
After ydays game, he text me 'i told you so'. First defeat of the season and out of the championship is a bitter pill to swallow esp considering all the work that was put in this year from that team. Will no doubt be a changing of the guard now for a few of the old players in the team.

Loved PJ's wee platform he was on ;)

Had a chuckle at that myself.

Was that because he was 'suspended'? or did he just fancy a bit of room?

culchie11

Good game of hurling, both teams wanted to hurl which always helps, made the refs job easier.
not so sure that the use of the advantage rule at one point, as a free in 30m out is better than an advantage when player shot under severe pressure and missed then not brought back. this was for cushendall at end of game by the way. apart from that he did a good job mr2.

good turnout again, amount raised is around 10k at first count, which is disappointing when u think that 5000 people were there.
well done to dunloy once again.

final in dunloy next sunday apparently, skinny should be a shoe in this year for final, as duffy (county chairman elect in his own head) et al did the dirt on him last year!!

ballycastle havent been in a final in a while and havent won one in a long time either but records/stats like them are there to be broken!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2015, 10:09:22 AM
I had spoke to a few lgiel ones prior to the first game and while they were confident in winning one line stuck with me from it. 'I hope we havent peaked too soon'.
After ydays game, he text me 'i told you so'. First defeat of the season and out of the championship is a bitter pill to swallow esp considering all the work that was put in this year from that team. Will no doubt be a changing of the guard now for a few of the old players in the team.

Not at all, i was clearly making all of that up to stir.  ;D it was funny looking to be fair.

Antrim job on his radar now? Any of the Lgiel posters know if hes interested in the role
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 21, 2015, 09:40:21 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 09:22:38 AM
Did anyone spot any Ballycran lads in the crowd??   8)
Yep..seen a few players. The Fat sub goalie & CW  ;)

CW?? From my own parish or another CW?

BigPat83

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 10:49:12 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 21, 2015, 09:40:21 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 09:22:38 AM
Did anyone spot any Ballycran lads in the crowd??   8)
Yep..seen a few players. The Fat sub goalie & CW  ;)

CW?? From my own parish or another CW?
The crans & Down player

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 21, 2015, 10:42:47 AM

Not at all, i was clearly making all of that up to stir.  ;D it was funny looking to be fair.

Antrim job on his radar now? Any of the Lgiel posters know if hes interested in the role
I'm sure he is. Contrary to what I've read on here I believe a certain ex Antrim captain and all star is in charge of finding the next Antrim manager. I'm sure some of you could ask him.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

cool. i will tweet him here now and ask who hes allowed to apply for the role. :)

I assumed that PJ would want the job, hes did all he can at his club and won it all. County management would be the next logical step for him now hes finished with Lgiel.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 21, 2015, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 21, 2015, 10:42:47 AM

I'm sure he is. Contrary to what I've read on here I believe a certain ex Antrim captain and all star is in charge of finding the next Antrim manager. I'm sure some of you could ask him.

Yeah lets hope that he can find someone who can unite the county and get everyone out playing for their clubs and county.

Just a thought that occurred to me there, if you look at the C'dall players who did the damage and turned the game around in their favour, Graffin, McManus, McCambridge and Campbell, I wonder what they all have in common?  ;)

Seamroga in exile

I think we all know. I don't think anyone from loughgiel could argue with them being on the County panel/team. The only poster I've seen saying they shouldn't be is specifically on here to push anyone's buttons that cares to respond.

Seamroga in exile

Btw, nearly £9000 collected at the gate yesterday. Not bad.