Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

A super second half from us yesterday. Everything at half time pointed to a Loughgiel victory but we fought tooth and nail for every ball. Neil, Graffin, Ryan and E Campbell were all superb but you obviously wouldn't want them on the county team :P PJ and the Loughgiel players don't owe anyone anything. Probably the best Loughgiel team ever. I thought Mark O'Neill was very soft on Loughgiel time wasting particularly in the first half. DD took forever with poc outs and I've never seen a physio on the pitch as often. It is a big ask for a team to come out 3 Sunday's in a row and perform. Ballycastle are waiting in the wings, have had time for any injuries and niggles to heal and an extra week to get organised. Their forwards are seriously quick and will be difficult to deal with. It's a 50/50 game next week. Looking forward to it.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 21, 2015, 07:07:45 AM
A super second half from us yesterday. Everything at half time pointed to a Loughgiel victory but we fought tooth and nail for every ball. Neil, Graffin, Ryan and E Campbell were all superb but you obviously wouldn't want them on the county team :P I've never questioned their individual hurling ability, just leave the rest of the crap outside the tog out Niels a nice lad but his Dall head and ego clouds his judgement at times.  PJ and the Loughgiel players don't owe anyone anything. Probably the best Loughgiel team ever. I thought Mark O'Neill was very soft on Loughgiel time wasting particularly in the first half. DD took forever with poc outs and I've never seen a physio on the pitch as often. It is a big ask for a team to come out 3 Sunday's in a row and perform. Doubt creeping in already, interesting  Ballycastle are waiting in the wings, have had time for any injuries and niggles to heal and an extra week to get organised. Their forwards are seriously quick and will be difficult to deal with. It's a 50/50 game next week. Looking forward to it.
Busy week ahead, must not over indulge on Antrim GAA Board,    the hostile Dall have enough on their plate to conisider.  Bottom line remains, nothing is won!

Me:
A WUM -Yes
Honest - unquestionably
Dall fan - thankfully No.
Antrim fan - forever
Consistent - unwavering

But dont take it personal!

Jesusjones

Getevennotcross I doubt you've spent much time with him to be passing judgement. As for what you suggest has or hasn't happened within the county set up, I very much doubt you were about the place either. You just form your opinions from hearsay and guess work. I agree nothing is won yet but we have just knocked Loughgiel out for the second year in a row.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 21, 2015, 08:19:10 AM
Getevennotcross I doubt you've spent much time with him to be passing judgement. As for what you suggest has or hasn't happened within the county set up, I very much doubt you were about the place either. You just form your opinions from hearsay and guess work. I agree nothing is won yet but we have just knocked Loughgiel out for the second year in a row.
Jesus JJ, ur at it early today,. So is beating Loughgiel your only bench mark?  Passing judgement, a common trait here if you ask me, but hell who am I to voice an opinion, that seems to be the preserve of an illustrious few here.  As I said, Neils a nice lad but!

You really shouldn-t take things personal JJ.  Bloody hell, I am running low in phone data.  See you Sunday, will obviouly be giving the town a cheer sorry to say.

Jesusjones

Well Loughgiel won 4 championships in a row and an All Ireland not so long ago. They were unbeaten in the league winning it pulling up, they lifted the feis cup as well. It's a big win for our club and proves it wasn't a fluke winning a championship that nobody gave us credit for last year. I'm sure every neutral will be hoping for a Ballycastle win.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 21, 2015, 08:41:38 AM
Well Loughgiel won 4 championships in a row and an All Ireland not so long ago. They were unbeaten in the league winning it pulling up, they lifted the feis cup as well. It's a big win for our club and proves it wasn't a fluke winning a championship that nobody gave us credit for last year. I'm sure every neutral will be hoping for a Ballycastle win.
Proves my point about the Dall, certainly not the most endearing club. Enuff, work to he done and coin to be made.

Jesusjones

You just keep getting worse genc. Ballycastle haven't won a Championship in 29 years and haven't even been in a final for something like 12 years. It would be obvious that neutrals would like to see them win next Sunday. Nothing to do with the opposition, I was at their game against Dunloy and they had the neutral support then too.

NAG1

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 21, 2015, 08:41:38 AM

This stuff is getting hard to read hard I must look out that block button  >:(

Seriously impressive second half from Cushendall, great leadership across the pitch which LG had no answer too.

Looking forward to the final now I think it will be an interesting one, Ballycastle I would say would be more than happy with the result yesterday.

johnneycool

Did anyone spot any Ballycran lads in the crowd??   8)

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 09:22:38 AM

Hard to differentiate between them and the town folk, think there were more BC ones at that semi final that their own  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

I had spoke to a few lgiel ones prior to the first game and while they were confident in winning one line stuck with me from it. 'I hope we havent peaked too soon'.
After ydays game, he text me 'i told you so'. First defeat of the season and out of the championship is a bitter pill to swallow esp considering all the work that was put in this year from that team. Will no doubt be a changing of the guard now for a few of the old players in the team.

Loved PJ's wee platform he was on ;)
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

First of all, fair play to SIE & SG for their comments yesterday. Gracious in defeat. For all the talk of rivalry, the 90 minutes of Hurling played were relatively clean. Can't really remember anything too bad. Bar a couple of years in 2012/13 when L'Giel were away head of C'Dall its been pretty tight over the last 13/14 years, those matches were tough but mostly clean enough bar the odd incident.
Anyone writing off Loughgiel in the future would be crazy to do so. They'll be back next year. They have too many good hurlers there & coming through, likes of young McGrath & James McN, Benny will be better next year after returning late from Oz.

5 minutes into the second half L'Giel looked on course to win handy, working harder than C'Dall. Watson was on fire (that point along the sideline was ridiculous by the way). That's when I thought McManus dragged C'Dall into it. He's been exceptional at times in the last 3 matches. The rest of the team followed & they looked hungrier & fresher in the last 10 minutes than L'Giel.
Though Eddie was a huge loss.

Sunday will be tight. Depends on how C'Dall come back to earth & how bcastle handle the occasion. As said on here they have some very strong talented hurlers & a couple of flying machines up front.

theskull1

Wasn't it Eddie who took a great puck out from DD at the last and should've leveled it?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 09:22:38 AM
Yep..seen a few players. The Fat sub goalie & CW  ;)

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: theskull1 on September 21, 2015, 09:37:43 AM
Wasn't it Eddie who took a great puck out from DD at the last and should've leveled it?
Yeah but he was only on for a minute & obviously wasn't fit.