Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I can see everyone's point here to be honest but some are contradictory.

I mean, if Sambo's main focus was the minors then as HardStation says - he should not have been there. What otehr county whould have a mentor invovled with their senior team when it is not their main focus!
Also, if he was just there to learn from Wallace, then why would he jack it in because of a lack of input? After all sure he is only there to learn?

The issue over the Maor Faoirne bib does sound ridiculous. I would have though such things were behind us and we had some sort of professional way of doing things but yet again these matter show how far we are behind proper teams.

Jesusjones

First Mc Manus, now Sambo. We must be the only county in Ireland to get on like this. Our focus should maybe be on the mentors and players who could make a difference and never commit rather than the boys who have given years, sometimes decades of their lives for Antrim. In relation to Sambo, he hurled for Antrim for almost 15 years and has been involved with either minors or seniors for close to 10 years. Whatever the problems are in Antrim they aren't down to Sambo. A few people need to look in the mirror rather than look for excuses.

Saffrongael

The Cushendall brethern can get very prickly, nobody was having a go at Sambo merely pointing out that it was strange he took the role on when he was already with the minors. It isn't personal, relax.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

the colonel

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2012, 01:34:26 PM
I can see everyone's point here to be honest but some are contradictory.

I mean, if Sambo's main focus was the minors then as HardStation says - he should not have been there. What otehr county whould have a mentor invovled with their senior team when it is not their main focus!
Also, if he was just there to learn from Wallace, then why would he jack it in because of a lack of input? After all sure he is only there to learn?

The issue over the Maor Faoirne bib does sound ridiculous. I would have though such things were behind us and we had some sort of professional way of doing things but yet again these matter show how far we are behind proper teams.

Do you not know many coaches that are with two different teams/squads

If he was wanting to learn from Wallace as he came with a great reputation (and we were all pleased he was appointed) but found out he didn't like his methods, the way he done things, actually wouldn't learn much and wasn't valued why would he stay around?

If there is blame being thrown out here, I for one wouldn't put it at the door of Sambo and certainly not the County Board either as he was the man WE ALL wanted
the difference between success and failure is energy

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Buswhacker on May 25, 2012, 11:22:42 AM
Antrim hurling at county level never seems a happy place,always some crisis or another.

By God, while we mightnt win much, we certainly provide plenty of drama and intrigue!!!!!!!!!!

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2012, 10:16:25 AM

On the subject of Sambo - I am not sorry to see him go!
And I think it is a mark of the man that he has jumped ship mid-championship!
Sorry to be harsh but I think Sambo has issues - that is that he believes himself to be the main man, in front of even the players. I think he has departed simply becasue of his perceived reputation of himself. He wanted to be involved for his profile, but now things have gone sour he wants to jump ship rather than be tarnished further.

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2012, 11:07:48 AM
The minors should always have been his only focus. No idea why he was with the seniors. He had that gig and it didn't work.

+1
New season - new reason

Seamroga in exile

Why has this come as a shock? I did let you all know Weeks ago.
Who the derogatory figure was. Good riddance. Maybe the hurlers will be left to hurl now
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

SIE did a player from your club not bad mouth Sambo at Casement to some Southern guy, not knowing that the fella knew Sambo? Words like, I hate those Cushendall cnuts. I didnt hear it myself, left before it happened. Plenty of derogatory remarks fly about.

I doubt there are any posters on here who can say they have or do as much for Antrim hurling than the likes of Sambo, whether they/you like him personally is another thing. Looking after club teams is hard enough, looking after county teams even harder id say. Plenty of armchair experts with big ideas, not enough guys willing to put in some effort. If they did Antrim might be in a better place, just a thought.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2012, 10:19:52 PM
SIE did a player from your club not bad mouth Sambo at Casement to some Southern guy, not knowing that the fella knew Sambo? Words like, I hate those Cushendall cnuts. I didnt hear it myself, left before it happened. Plenty of derogatory remarks fly about.

I doubt there are any posters on here who can say they have or do as much for Antrim hurling than the likes of Sambo, whether they/you like him personally is another thing. Looking after club teams is hard enough, looking after county teams even harder id say. Plenty of armchair experts with big ideas, not enough guys willing to put in some effort. If they did Antrim might be in a better place, just a thought.
What are you trying to prove MR2? You should know, more than most , that every club has their slabbers. Some do it on sidelines of fields, some in the press.  ;)

So we should put up with it? No. He is a divisive figure who asked the Cushendall contingent to totally ignore, and indeed, "get stuck into"  the Loughgiel fellas on their return to the county panel after their ai win. There within lies your reason why Antrim are struggling, Johnny, Joey, Scully et al would have been playing on Saturday if yer man wasn't there. The players themselves  are pretty much all on good terms. Maybe some of our better players will come back now.

I'll say it, I'm glad to see him gone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 25, 2012, 11:02:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2012, 10:19:52 PM

What are you trying to prove MR2? You should know, more than most , that every club has their slabbers. Some do it on sidelines of fields, some in the press.  ;)

So we should put up with it? No. He is a divisive figure who asked the Cushendall contingent to totally ignore  the Loughgiel fellas on their return to the county panel after their ai win. There within lies your reason why Antrim are struggling, Johnny, Joey, Scully et al would have been playing on Saturday if yer man wasn't there. The players themselves  are pretty much all on good terms. Maybe some of our better players will come back now.

I'll say it, I'm glad to see him gone.

I'm not fishing or prove anything, and you're not denying it either.

Antrim are not struggling cause these lads won't commit to the team or asked. Sambo wasn't always involved and these same lads didn't play.

I doubt very much that Sambo said 'right lads, these cnuts have won an All Ireland, don't fooking talk to them' that's silly talk ffs SIE
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Doubt it if you want. You obviously still don't quite grasp the rivalry up here. I'm not in the habit of posting lies,. What I've posted over the last few months has all come to fruition. Time to wise up all. Don't kill the messenger.

Jesusjones

SIE with the greatest of respect, your full of s***e. There is a bit of paranoia creeping in with our friends from Loughgiel. You can have whatever opinion you want on Sambo but to use his presence as a reason to not turn out for the county is only a cop out. The players you mention haven't been near the county for years, maybe since Dinny's first spell in charge. Maybe these lads need to take a look in the mirror rather than trying to blame someone else for them not turning out for Antrim.

Seamroga in exile

Jj, keep living in your dream world. He isn't liked outside of cushendall, or in it that much either. If he's so great why isn't he managing the ruari ogs? The fact is he is the kind of person that demands it all to be about him. He'll be no loss to Antrim.

Buswhacker

He made a good living through his connection with hurling for a few years.Paranoia exists in N.Antrim all right,but not in Loughgiel, but mainly in the clubs that cannot match their achievements.That is the truth of the matter.

btdtgtt

Hate slagging people off personally but can't help but agree with SiE here. Sambo is Sambo. JJ & colonel I understand u say about the time he has given to Antrim but I think it's all been for his own benefit and self promotion.
I am certainly not saying the shamrocks were 100% rowing in behind Antrim but certainly I don't think Sambo stands behind anyone but himself. Like I said many great dall men but don't think he is one of them.