Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 29, 2019, 08:08:46 PM
Dunloy clearly the better team and but for some bad wides in first half would have been more comfortable, Dall very dogged as usual but just didn't have the scoring power in the second half

What's the craic with grown men and air horns, moronic
Air horns were very irritating on tv.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 29, 2019, 08:25:13 PM
And smokebombs....

Anyway, Dunloy far better side over the 60mins. Shorty still a class act. Colm McDonald was very good also I thought, allowed the game to flow when possible. Could Cushendall of done anything different? I'm not so sure they could of.

Colm had a brilliant game, plus his team worked well. Credit to both teams also who only had eyes for the ball (most parts)

Dunloy got the breaks when it mattered, had Nigel not scored before halftime it would have been a different game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Paddy Magill should have been sent off for a wild pull towards the end
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 29, 2019, 10:17:56 PM
Paddy Magill should have been sent off for a wild pull towards the end

Yellow seemed the right call, others might've given red but that for me would have been harsh enough.

On the game I was thinking Dunloy would rue their wide count and playing Shorty deep would reduce their shooting from distance ability, but what would I know! Unlucky the Dall, they had a few chances to win this game but the one on one from Seann and the other well taken goal sealed it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Congrats to Dunloy. Well deserved.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

on the hop

Anybody got a spare programme from yesterday ??

ciaran1988

How do we see our club winners faring in their respective Ulster and hopefully All Ireland campaigns. Could be a real cracker game with St Endas v Banagher at Owenbeg in the Intermediate quarter final and I'd expect the winner to go on and win Ulster

Na Glinntí Glasa

Finally back to the real world again and work after the weekend.

First half we didn't play well and were contributing to it by making mistakes in the back line as well as some wayward shooting. the goal before half time was massive as it got us back into the game and knocking the wind out of Cdalls sails right at the break.

second half we kept plugging away and finally got our noses in front with the point by shorty and then Seaans goal.

If im truthful i thought we were the better team but you cant take anything from Cushendall. they showed why they were the current county champions. By Christ they are hard to beat.

Ballycran will be just as hard to beat in the semi finals. a near months wait to play the next game is a joke but what can you do
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

DR if you don't beat Ballycran by 10 points I'll be surprised.

marty34

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 02, 2019, 11:04:25 AM

Should be a Dunloy V Slaughtneil Ulster Final - if it works out that way, where will final be? Armagh?

Na Glinntí Glasa

To be fair its a knock out game so its one of them games that if your not at yourself you will end up losing.

On paper we should be winning and id be disappointed if we didnt win it but we can ill afford to be hitting 11 wides in one half esp if we are serious about progressing into a final
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Ballycran were impressive enough in their Down win over a poor Portaferry outfit who never turned up.

Dunloy will rightly be favourites but if Ballycran show the same level of intelligence in their hurling they could get a bit closer than most will think.

Where is that semi-final going to be, Corrigan?

Na Glinntí Glasa

theres still no venue set for it whereas the other semi final is set for Armagh already.

I would of thought Corrigan would be a suitable venue for both sides rather a double header in Armagh
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Quote from: johnnycool on October 02, 2019, 01:11:37 PM

Ballycran were impressive enough in their Down win over a poor Portaferry outfit who never turned up.

Dunloy will rightly be favourites but if Ballycran show the same level of intelligence in their hurling they could get a bit closer than most will think.

Where is that semi-final going to be, Corrigan?

The semi final will be at Armagh. Second game of a double header with Slaughtneil v Middleton

ciaran1988

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 02, 2019, 01:20:47 PM
theres still no venue set for it whereas the other semi final is set for Armagh already.

I would of thought Corrigan would be a suitable venue for both sides rather a double header in Armagh

All fixture details released today. Here's the link

https://ulster.gaa.ie/2019/10/aib-ulster-club-hurling-championship-fixtures-2019/