Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: downjim on December 04, 2018, 01:42:58 PM
Are the Point not back yet? Or will you be trying to pace yourselves for another heroic X Factor sob story defeat 😂

Make sure that cup is nice and polished for Kilcoo when youse bottle it next year

downjim

Don't worry, we have employed a full time polisher as by the time he finishes polishing all our trophies, the first one is covered in dust 😉

thebar

Quote from: downjim on December 04, 2018, 02:44:04 PM
Don't worry, we have employed a full time polisher as by the time he finishes polishing all our trophies, the first one is covered in dust 😉

I know who your talking about...that lad working 6 days a week in Kilcoo..goes to Burren for a half hour on Sunday  ;D

supersub

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 04, 2018, 12:39:46 PM
Rostrevor are back supersub. Training up mountains already. Early candidates for relegation

You're good value I'll give you that much.

Square Ball

Quote from: thebar on December 04, 2018, 04:02:59 PM
Quote from: downjim on December 04, 2018, 02:44:04 PM

I know who your talking about...that lad working 6 days a week in Kilcoo..goes to Burren for a half hour on Sunday  ;D

Just curious here, what yous actually win?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Downtothewire

Congrats to Liatroim on winning U21 B Football Championship tonight at the Dub v Bredagh by 3 points 2-14 to 2-11

Square Ball

Quote from: Downtothewire on December 05, 2018, 10:38:19 PM
Congrats to Liatroim on winning U21 B Football Championship tonight at the Dub v Bredagh by 3 points 2-14 to 2-11

indeed, a very good game. thats 2-1 to them in finals this year

Square Ball

We won today to become minor girls football Ulster champions.

downjim

Nanderson

With the McKenna cup just around the corner is there any more updates on what the panel for the competition is going to be?

Smurfy123

Millar Doherty and MvGovern gone from last years panel I see in today's paper. Season starts in just over 2 and a half weeks. Crazy

Mourne Rover

All three were potential championship starters so their departure definitely goes down as a setback. McGovern obviously dropped out mid-way through the league, but there was an expectation he would return after a change of manager and he is probably still the best full back available to us. Doherty is a decent half back and the only free taker in the squad who can usually be relied on to put over 45s, while Millar had improved steadily, works amazingly hard and often manages a couple of points from play in the bigger games.  However, it also means that some new faces are going to get their chance and the early indications are that the players have taken well to Tally's methods.

rory

Quote from: johnnycool on November 27, 2018, 10:24:09 AM
I'm hearing we're moving to U13/U15/U17 in 2020, anyone else hear that as well?

Would this not have to be a motion for the County Convention?  No mention of it in the motions published

johnnycool

Quote from: rory on December 12, 2018, 01:10:34 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 27, 2018, 10:24:09 AM
I'm hearing we're moving to U13/U15/U17 in 2020, anyone else hear that as well?

Would this not have to be a motion for the County Convention?  No mention of it in the motions published

Not sure TBH, was just told that by a lad on the County committee.

downjim