Why close the Mhaigheo/ Ciarraí thread?

Started by moysider, September 08, 2014, 12:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Because 115 pages on 160 minutes of football is more than enough, maybe?
I'm biased but it was getting a bit hysterical towards the end.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Farrandeelin

Because somebody told him about my bad thoughts perhaps?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

With Mayowr and Tyrone gone what will we fill the Board with between now and January.....?
The Collected Thoughts of Syfín ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lenny

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2014, 10:38:52 AM
With Mayowr and Tyrone gone what will we fill the Board with between now and January.....?
The Collected Thoughts of Syfín ?

Mayo should have had a penalty right at the end. When a 13m free is taken all the defending players must be on and remain on the line. The mayo penalty was blocked by a kerry player standing at least 6 or 7 yards out. This infringement should be penalised by the award of a penalty kick. That is what the rules say but this rule isn't widely applied.

Rossfan

All technical fouls in the small Square are penalties aren't they?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

sensethetone

Quote from: Syferus on September 08, 2014, 02:14:51 PM
Time for Mayo demand a replay.
Tyrone didn't demand a replay after their match with Mayo last year, when the ref gifted Mayo 1-1 at the start of the second half.

Syferus

Quote from: sensethetone on September 08, 2014, 02:39:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 08, 2014, 02:14:51 PM
Time for Mayo demand a replay.
Tyrone didn't demand a replay after their match with Mayo last year, when the ref gifted Mayo 1-1 at the start of the second half.

Bad mistake by Tyrone. Expected better from Mickey.

Thy Kingdom Come

Only new to this site as a contributor. Having been popping in and out looking at contributions for a while. The thread needed to be closed was turning nasty from the Mayo contributors, some who could clearly not take their defeat with dignity.

muppet

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on September 08, 2014, 03:05:43 PM
Only new to this site as a contributor. Having been popping in and out looking at contributions for a while. The thread needed to be closed was turning nasty from the Mayo contributors, some who could clearly not take their defeat with dignity.

Unlike yourself, who has a 100% record of considered, balanced, non-offensive posts.  ::)

But that aside, welcome to the board.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on September 08, 2014, 03:05:43 PM

On the contrary. Under the circumstances most Mayo people took their defeat with great dignity.

maigheo

try readng the WJ blog and see whinging at its finest with one article going all the way back to 1939 for something to whine about.Talk about giving Mayo supporters a bad name.I am sure if Cormac Reilly sat down and looked at the video he could give you a reason why he blew for every foul as he has the best view of all of us and they are judgement calls but for me I would like to know why he did not issue Enright a card for either of his 2 fouls on C.o.C and A.oShea, as these are black and white calls and not judgement calls.

muppet

THB I am a bit tired of the demonisation of Reilly. It was a poor performance, but we can all do that on any given day.

The team had some poor performances as well and to be fair to Horan that would be where his focus would be, rather than hiding behind easy excuses.
MWWSI 2017