The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: reillycavan on December 30, 2020, 10:06:21 PM
Liverpool has the league. Just making interesting this year. Probably win by 15-20 points
Please report yourself to the nearest medical professional ASAP

reillycavan

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 30, 2020, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: reillycavan on December 30, 2020, 10:06:21 PM
Liverpool has the league. Just making interesting this year. Probably win by 15-20 points
Please report yourself to the nearest medical professional ASAP

Man City in transition
Man Utd lack consistency
Spurs will always let you down
Chelsea and Arsenal governed by managers out of their depth
Leicester are a game team but will fade.

brokencrossbar1

Poor performance in that they couldn't put a shit Newcastle away. It's like they used all their goals up against Palace. High point was Thiago being back and he really is on another level. Top of the league and not playing well, can't really complain though

Armamike

Created enough chances to win 3 games. The draws are disappointing. Hasn't helped that teams that are normally quite crap decide to get themselves organised and their goalie has the game of his life.

Great to see Thiago back, and hopefully he will get a run of games now.  His creativity and ability to find the killer pass was badly missed, Not sure what the point was of bringing Shaq on in injury time.
That's just, like your opinion man.

GiveItToTheShooters

f**k me Liverpool would depress you this weather.
So shite

quit yo jibbajabba

I know. Imagine how those 19 teams that arent top of the league feel  :o

Hound

I thought it was a miles better performance than v WBA, and a bit unlucky not to win.

In these type of games, we're not getting enough from our midfield. It was better this time  than v West Brom, but my biggest complaint would be that Thiago and Shaq should have been on at least 10 minutes earlier than they were.

supersub

Take the draw and move on. Less concerned about Newcastle result compared to WBA. Just lacked the cutting edge up top, off form, plus some superb goalkeeping and defending. Can't say Liverpool lack the cutting edge up front too often. Chances were created, whereas they were few and far between v WBA.

Top of the pile & a lot of football to be played. Thiago could be a serious asset.

RedHand88

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 31, 2020, 12:11:58 AM
So shite

I mean, its only a week and a half ago that we had our best ever away league win. And it's not like we have lost anything since then.

Ffs two years ago everyone would have been delighted to be top of the league on new year's eve!! Depressing and still top of the league, wait to they start playing well ::)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 31, 2020, 10:11:10 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 31, 2020, 12:11:58 AM
So shite

I mean, its only a week and a half ago that we had our boat ever away league win. And it's not like we have lost anything since then.

Ffs two years ago everyone would have been delighted to be top of the league on new year's eve!! Depressing and still top of the league, wait to they start playing well ::)

Given the level of injuries that there have been its unreal to be top at this stage. Thiago is back, Shaq is back, Matip is a 3-4 weeker apparently, Jota is the end of January. While a new CB in January would be great I don't think it will happen. Would love to throw £15m at Bayern for Alaba and test their mettle. His wages though are an issue.

Armamike

Would shiver at the thought of Philips and Williams paired together or one alongside Henderson should Fabinho get injured. No pace there.  I'm not sure the club will be able to sign someone decent in January but they have to try imo.
That's just, like your opinion man.

trileacman

R Williams isn't that bad. Phillips and Nico Williams are absolute dirt though.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Who'll want to go to Liverpool to sit on the bench all season once VVD and Gomes are fit? That's the problem
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Happy New Year fellow Reds, hopefully next year will be as good on the pitch as last year...
YNWA

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Not looking like it so far against Southampton coming up to half time.

Thiago and Ox rusty, TAA looks totally out of sorts, Salah not much better. No fluency or goal threat at all.

Just hope they can stay in touch at the top while they play through this current dip in form.