The 'Joe show' is no more - RIP

Started by Owenmoresider, December 26, 2007, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Joe Dolan dies after sudden illness

Wednesday, 26 December 2007 17:11

The singer and entertainer Joe Dolan has died at the Mater private hospital in Dublin.

He was taken ill at his home in Foxrock last night and died just after 3pm this afternoon from a suspected brain haemorrhage.

Mr Dolan, from Mullingar in Westmeath, had enjoyed musical success in Ireland and around the world for over 40 years.

With his band the Drifters his first chart success came in Ireland with 'The Answer to Everything' in 1964 but he is best perhaps known for songs 'Good Looking Woman' and 'Make Me an Island'.

Mr Dolan, who was in his late 60s and one of five children, was recently forced to cancel a number of Christmas concerts because of illness but he was at home in Foxrock in Dublin last night when he was taken ill.

Surrounded by his family he passed away after suffering a suspected brain haemorrhage just after 3pm.

Shamrock Shore

Not my cup of tea but sad to hear of his sudden passing.

May he Rest in Peace.

stew

Ach thats bad news. My da was a distant relative ofJoes and he had a lot of time for him. may he rest in peace.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

balladmaker

Very sad news for his family, friends and large number of fans.

May he rest in peace.

ziggysego

Sad news about Joe Dolan. Irish music has lost a legend this week. RIP.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Was at a christmas party a good few years back and Joe was the headline act,jaysis we had great craic
RIP
You'll Never Walk Alone.

T Fearon

Heard Fr Brain Trendy, I mean Darcy tallking about him on the Radio the other morning. Suppose he will be offiacting at the funeral as well. Seems like you're nobody in Ireland unless Fr Brain does your funeral.

Does this not piss the local curates off?

Billys Boots

I was excited for a minute - I thought Livewhine had come to an end.

Long Live the King of Rock and Roll.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...