Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Mc Gurk Cup/Kehoe Cup on Ulster Facebook this evening at 7pm.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2020, 04:09:14 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 02, 2020, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: saffman on January 02, 2020, 04:00:20 PM
2020 and hopefully a good year for the county!
McGurk final on sunday be a good pre-season game for our boys against down. Things seem to be shaping up well in terms of personnel back in the squad again etc
Best of luck to the St Endas team on saturday.
What do people think of their chances against the kilkenny side?

I think they will lose by 15
Good shout.

Sometimes you get them right. Not sure about tomorrow, I'll go for Ballyhale by 12

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 05, 2020, 12:48:14 AM
McGurk final on sunday be a good pre-season game for our boys against down. Things seem to be shaping up well in terms of personnel back in the squad again etc

Good shout.

Sometimes you get them right. Not sure about tomorrow, I'll go for Ballyhale by 12

I'm heading down, I was hoping for a closer game but after yesterday's Ulster results I think you might be right, bookies gave it Ballyhale minus 11 or 12 in other shops. Thought Coleraine would have given it a better show.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Ballyhale's forward line is phenomenal. I couldn't see anyone getting close to them. They'd beat most county teams.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 05, 2020, 11:05:58 AM
Ballyhale's forward line is phenomenal. I couldn't see anyone getting close to them. They'd beat most county teams.

They are a great team and have plenty experience too, but S'neil dismantled Dunloy very easily and I was very impressed with their first touch, strength and once they got into their rhythm their shot selection was very good.

I'm going for them to beat the handicap score
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

great game yday to be at. Thought that Sneill were fantastic from start to finish. their work rate was immense and a joy to watch

Sneill played with a sweeper from the start of the game but Ballyhale didn't change anything at all and still were causing problems. Id say that Ballyhale didn't think they would have to dig as deep as that to get over the line.

Sneill were into all sorts of silly nonsense at times of throwing sticks away, even standing on one once and breaking it but the Ballyhale lads didn't bite at all and kept hurling away.

Id say it will take some beating to get past the derry men thins year again for whoever comes out of Antrim.
hurl like f**k boi!

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 06, 2020, 08:52:03 AM
great game yday to be at. Thought that Sneill were fantastic from start to finish. their work rate was immense and a joy to watch

Sneill played with a sweeper from the start of the game but Ballyhale didn't change anything at all and still were causing problems. Id say that Ballyhale didn't think they would have to dig as deep as that to get over the line.

Sneill were into all sorts of silly nonsense at times of throwing sticks away, even standing on one once and breaking it but the Ballyhale lads didn't bite at all and kept hurling away.

Id say it will take some beating to get past the derry men thins year again for whoever comes out of Antrim.
I'm all for anything to win and all that but if ever a man deserved a red card/head slapped off him was sneill number 7. Threw a stick away on 3 occasions and snapped one over his knee.. never seen anything scummier on a pitch.

That aside, ballyhale had to dig deep but they still didn't look at all panicked at any time of the game. When Rodgers scored that peach of a goal they simply just stuck to their style and pulled away once again. Classy outfit and it will be some final.

I think sneill going out of the football early in Derry allowed their main men to focus on the hurling and that might've been why they were convincing in the ulster championship. 

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah he raked his studs down his leg at one stage as well but the KK lad never retaliated once, in fact none of them did. they are a well drilled unit and you can see that in them.

Cormac O'Doherty was very quiet the whole game. i was expecting him to show up well but other than frees he didnt have an impact on the game. Rodgers was fantastic and i thought Cassidy in the corner had a good game. Over all Sneill will be happy and disappointed with the result and will feel they have it in them to get into a final.

That depends on the football as well as they are prob good to win it this year after last years disappointment.
hurl like f**k boi!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 06, 2020, 09:57:38 AM
yeah he raked his studs down his leg at one stage as well but the KK lad never retaliated once, in fact none of them did. they are a well drilled unit and you can see that in them.

Cormac O'Doherty was very quiet the whole game. i was expecting him to show up well but other than frees he didnt have an impact on the game. Rodgers was fantastic and i thought Cassidy in the corner had a good game. Over all Sneill will be happy and disappointed with the result and will feel they have it in them to get into a final.

That depends on the football as well as they are prob good to win it this year after last years disappointment.

I watched it on TV, Cormac was unreal, unbelievable amount of dirty ball dug out by him and recycled through the whole game.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2020, 09:58:05 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 05, 2020, 12:48:14 AM

Good shout.

I'm heading down, I was hoping for a closer game but after yesterday's Ulster results I think you might be right, bookies gave it Ballyhale minus 11 or 12 in other shops. Thought Coleraine would have given it a better show.

Very happy that I was so wrong on Slaughtneil game. I had Coleraine down to win narrowly, I just thought their physicality/experience would make a difference at this level, but they do have some  weak links and this guy Joe Bergin seems to very very good

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 06, 2020, 10:28:35 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 06, 2020, 09:57:38 AM

I watched it on TV, Cormac was unreal, unbelievable amount of dirty ball dug out by him and recycled through the whole game.

well im maybe doing him a disservice, he did get onto a lot of dirty ball and recycle it throughout the hour. i think hes a brilliant hurler and him and TJ's free taking contest was a joy to watch
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

I did have to laugh when Rodgers pointed in the first half and TJ Reid happened to run past him so Rodgers roared in his face. He did look a bit surprised ;D

Some effort from Slaughtneil all the same.. I see Brendan Maher's point seems to have gone viral on social media. I didn't really see much of either game but hoping for a tight final. Maher is some leader - almost hope for him they win but it's KK and Tipp teams so not too bothered who wins.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 06, 2020, 10:47:57 AM
I did have to laugh when Rodgers pointed in the first half and TJ Reid happened to run past him so Rodgers roared in his face. He did look a bit surprised ;D

Some effort from Slaughtneil all the same.. I see Brendan Maher's point seems to have gone viral on social media. I didn't really see much of either game but hoping for a tight final. Maher is some leader - almost hope for him they win but it's KK and Tipp teams so not too bothered who wins.

It's a long, long time since a Tipp team have gotten into the senior club final let alone win it, could well be the early 90's IIRC.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Borris-Ileigh were the last Tipp team to win it in 87 which is unreal to think of when you consider how strong their county team has been. Toomevara were the last team in a final in 1994
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

You look at how many county boys Thurles has and this team don't seem to have many at all. It looks like one starter? (maybe two)

Thurles should have done so much better over the years. So should Ballygunner. Possibly a munster club team thing though as bar Newtownshandrum (spelling) there maybe haven't been that many that successful in the past long time.