Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2012 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 15, 2012, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 12:32:00 PM
Slaughtneil are strong next year but sure we'll give it a rattle!

I wouldnt describe Conor as stocky, 6ft 2 and pure ability. He was definitely man of the match in the final but I heard from different ones that the MOM award is more a player of the tournament so fair played to Ryan Dougan!

Slaughtneil must have had a very good minor team this year as well if they held Glen to a point, arguably the second best team in Ulster, would they be the main rivals next year along with Rossa?

What made Glass' display all the more impressive was that he got the better of O'Hanlon who is on the Armagh senior panel, and he also managed to contribute a good bit going forward as well. I'd heard rave reviews about him from the Ulster Og Sport this year and it seems that you could have another gem on your hands. Is he on the Maghera McRory squad walter?

theticklemister

Quote from: yellowcard on January 03, 2013, 02:00:33 PM

I wouldnt describe Conor as stocky, 6ft 2 and pure ability. He was definitely man of the match in the final but I heard from different ones that the MOM award is more a player of the tournament so fair played to Ryan Dougan!

Slaughtneil must have had a very good minor team this year as well if they held Glen to a point, arguably the second best team in Ulster, would they be the main rivals next year along with Rossa?

What made Glass' display all the more impressive was that he got the better of O'Hanlon who is on the Armagh senior panel, and he also managed to contribute a good bit going forward as well. I'd heard rave reviews about him from the Ulster Og Sport this year and it seems that you could have another gem on your hands. Is he on the Maghera McRory squad walter?

Ah yellow card, ye give that young O'Hanlon boy some stick altogether lol!!!

yellowcard

Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2013, 02:26:34 PM

Ah now Tickle that hardly qualifies as stick, I would rate him very highly. I was just praising Glass display, some height of a lad for a 15 year old and very good with the ball in his hands as well.   

theticklemister

Quote from: yellowcard on January 03, 2013, 02:40:51 PM

Ah now Tickle that hardly qualifies as stick, I would rate him very highly. I was just praising Glass display, some height of a lad for a 15 year old and very good with the ball in his hands as well.

sorry lad. I thought ye were giving o'hanlon a bit of stick on another thread! my apoligies!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2013, 03:11:53 PM

sorry lad. I thought ye were giving o'hanlon a bit of stick on another thread! my apoligies!!

Jeez tickle sure he was saying he was the best club minor in ulster on here last week ;)

elk

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 03:13:31 PM

Jeez tickle sure he was saying he was the best club minor in ulster on here last week ;)

Looking forward to watching how O'Hanlon fairs for St.Pauls against the Abbey in the Mac Rory. Not sure if the Abbey have someone as good as young Glass to mark him. Will be interesting to see if he displays the ability that a lot of people believe he has, if so should be good to watch.

theticklemister

Quote from: elk on January 03, 2013, 03:44:41 PM

Looking forward to watching how O'Hanlon fairs for St.Pauls against the Abbey in the Mac Rory. Not sure if the Abbey have someone as good as young Glass to mark him. Will be interesting to see if he displays the ability that a lot of people believe he has, if so should be good to watch.

Ah elk yer the man who has been slagging him!!! lol

nrico2006

Has anyone got a list of the winners of the Paul McGirr tournament?  What way did it work before the 9 counties all became involved in 2010?

2012 - St Endas
2011 - Rossa
2010 - Glen
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 03, 2013, 03:51:45 PM
Has anyone got a list of the winners of the Paul McGirr tournament?  What way did it work before the 9 counties all became involved in 2010?

2012 - St Endas
2011 - Rossa
2010 - Glen

http://www.tad.ie/index.php/paul-mcgirr

elk

Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2013, 03:47:44 PM

Just need convincing. Seeing is believing and all that !!!!!!

yellowcard

Brian McGuigan had a good article in the Gaelic life criticising the facilities at St Paul's and I would have to say I'd agree with everything he said. The facilities are outdated and the club obviously makes a few pound out of hosting the competition and there is nothing wrong with that. But to charge £8 in and £2 for a program is steep considering the facilities. It is maybe excusable to charge £8 for a final but certainly not for matches prior to the final. It's a fantastic competition and St Paul's are deserving hosts considering that they started it, but they really should make the venue more spectator friendly.

Any craic

‎History-making Ulster Champs Watty Grahams players celebrate with fans and talk about their achievement: http://t.co/3ZQm0enU

Aaron Boone

Agree with Brian. I've liked the St Paul's threads on here each December but I was taken aback when I made my first visit for Ardboe game. It's delicate lads, I love the tourney but wouldn't be in a rush back to the ground.

Throw ball

Quote from: elk on January 03, 2013, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2013, 03:47:44 PM

Just need convincing. Seeing is believing and all that !!!!!!

Although I know were you are coming from most people who have seen him will confirm he has a real talent. To be honest the last couple of times I have seen him play he has been a bit off form. On saying that in the Armagh under 21 championship last night I thought he showed some real snippets of class. For me he is the kind of player who plays well with good players around him and makes good players look better. How he deals with a dip in form will determine how good a player he will become.

ONeill

I was a bit surprised by the £8 + £2 as well. Then again, I was talking to a boy who just threw a fiver in and another who paid nowt. They were two city fcukers too so it's who ye know.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.