Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2012 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 15, 2012, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Aaron Boone

Would Casement not be better bet for these games lads? Was surprised could only stand at one side of the ground and no cover.

Club Rossa

Casement would be ideal but I suppose St. Pauls put a lot of work into organising the tournament and would want to host it at their own ground.It's grand on a dry day but the conditions for spectators at the Ardboe and Glen game were hazardous.There were people falling all over the place on the grass bank and we were walking through gutters.

Walter Cronc

People aren't asking for first class facilities but surely it's not too much to ask for a concrete path to run from the entrance up to the terrace. I'm sure funding would be available from the ulster council given that they host this tournament year on year!

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 10:49:07 AM
People aren't asking for first class facilities but surely it's not too much to ask for a concrete path to run from the entrance up to the terrace. I'm sure funding would be available from the ulster council given that they host this tournament year on year!

Ulster Council have nothing to do with it. They never even heard of this Ulster Minor Club Championship before  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 03, 2013, 10:19:33 AM
Casement would be ideal but I suppose St. Pauls put a lot of work into organising the tournament and would want to host it at their own ground.It's grand on a dry day but the conditions for spectators at the Ardboe and Glen game were hazardous.There were people falling all over the place on the grass bank and we were walking through gutters.

Fair dues to St.Pauls, they are the ones going to the bother each year of hosting it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2013, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 10:49:07 AM

Ulster Council have nothing to do with it. They never even heard of this Ulster Minor Club Championship before  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 03, 2013, 10:19:33 AM

Fair dues to St.Pauls, they are the ones going to the bother each year of hosting it.

I know it's not an "official" tournament as such tickle but surely someone within the ulster council would realise that the grounds could do with an upgrade. By no means slating St Paul's, I just think that the opportunity to get funding would be available!

Link

Anyone got the two glen teams that lined out in both finals?

theticklemister

walter maybe able to correct me here; but i think there may have been only a change of 3/4 players. Emmett Bradley was one, and yer man who plays in midfield this year never played last year due to injury. So thats 2!

Walter Cronc

2011 final

C McCloy; O Hegarty, R McDonnell, T Convery; B O'Kane, C Carville, C Mulholland; R Dougan, E Bradley (1-2, 1f); M Warnock (2-2), S O'Hara (0-1), C McCabe; D Tallon (1-0), C Convery (0-3, 1f), C McFaul (0-4, 3f). Subs: P Gunning for McCabe (36), G Tallon for T Convery (49), O Glass for McCabe (52), T McKenna for D Tallon (54), K McErlean for Warnock (55).

2012 final

Ciaran Mc Cloy, Conor Mc Devitt, Ryan Mc Donnell, Oisin Hegarty, Conor Glass, Connor Carville, Cathal Mulholland, Ryan Dougan, Conor Gallagher, Tomas Convery, Ciaran Mc Faul, Stephen O'Hara, Paul Gunning, Conor Convery, Danny Tallon.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2013, 12:00:51 PM
walter maybe able to correct me here; but i think there may have been only a change of 3/4 players. Emmett Bradley was one, and yer man who plays in midfield this year never played last year due to injury. So thats 2!

Yeah Conor Gallagher was injured last year and never played at St Pauls. The same applies to Jack Doherty this year who will be a key player next year!

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 12:05:00 PM
2011 final

C McCloy; O Hegarty, R McDonnell, T Convery; B O'Kane, C Carville, C Mulholland; R Dougan, E Bradley (1-2, 1f); M Warnock (2-2), S O'Hara (0-1), C McCabe; D Tallon (1-0), C Convery (0-3, 1f), C McFaul (0-4, 3f). Subs: P Gunning for McCabe (36), G Tallon for T Convery (49), O Glass for McCabe (52), T McKenna for D Tallon (54), K McErlean for Warnock (55).

2012 final

Ciaran Mc Cloy, Conor Mc Devitt, Ryan Mc Donnell, Oisin Hegarty, Conor Glass, Connor Carville, Cathal Mulholland, Ryan Dougan, Conor Gallagher, Tomas Convery, Ciaran Mc Faul, Stephen O'Hara, Paul Gunning, Conor Convery, Danny Tallon.

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 12:06:31 PM

Yeah Conor Gallagher was injured last year and never played at St Pauls. The same applies to Jack Doherty this year who will be a key player next year!

Whose good at maths then?????????? lol Is it 5??

Walter Cronc

3 starters from last years final didn't play this year. The rest would be positional changes. 5 starters this year are overage next year. Glass 3 more years at minors with Tallon, Mulholland and Convery another 2.

Link

Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2013, 12:11:09 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 12:05:00 PM
2011 final

2012 final

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 12:06:31 PM

Whose good at maths then?????????? lol Is it 5??

Will they get the chance to do 3 in a row or are slaughtneil strong next year?

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 03, 2013, 12:23:20 PM
3 starters from last years final didn't play this year. The rest would be positional changes. 5 starters this year are overage next year. Glass 3 more years at minors with Tallon, Mulholland and Convery another 2.

So Danny Tallon will have 4 years playing at Minor level, and in the first year he scored a goal in the Ulster Minor Club final, and in the second year he scored 2 goals in the Ulster Minor final, so that means.............................................

he is some player!! Ah great to see.

Everybody is raving about Glass, but I haven't seen him play. He is a big stocky lad with red hair, correct? He is going to turn into a big lump of a man and by the sounds of it he is going to carry the shills with him. Heard he was MOTM in the final there. Another 3 years at minor.............. good luck to him.

Walter Cronc

Slaughtneil are strong next year but sure we'll give it a rattle!

I wouldnt describe Conor as stocky, 6ft 2 and pure ability. He was definitely man of the match in the final but I heard from different ones that the MOM award is more a player of the tournament so fair played to Ryan Dougan!