Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: hardstation on June 07, 2010, 10:27:56 PM
YES! Well done Antrim. Great result.

Good result alright hardstation,have you any idea about the strength of the two sides

SambaSaffron

All I know is that 3 periods were played, so I imagine most or all the squad got a run out.

Glensman

Quote from: glens abu on June 08, 2010, 09:16:44 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 07, 2010, 10:27:56 PM
YES! Well done Antrim. Great result.

Good result alright hardstation,have you any idea about the strength of the two sides

Means absolutely feck all unless translated into a couple of qualifier wins*

* I refer you to my new stance of pessimism re all things Antrim previously noted above or on the Antrim hurling forum

saffron sam2

Cargin see off Naomh Pol 9 points to 8 tonight, in a game notable only for a shocking performance by the referee.  Doogan from Creggan I think he is.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 09, 2010, 10:12:14 PM
Cargin see off Naomh Pol 9 points to 8 tonight, in a game notable only for a shocking performance by the referee.  Doogan from Creggan I think he is.
Doogan should not do Cargin games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Cushendall  2-11 4-7 Ballycastle  Loughgiel   
Antrim Div 1 Football
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
St Brigids  2-12 0-13 Ahoghill  St. Brigids Round 9 
St. Johns  0-16 2-4 Lamh Dhearg  Corrigan Park Round 9 
Moneyglass  2-4 0-16 St. Galls  Moneyglass Round 9 
Antrim Div 2 Football
Rossa  1-8 1-11 Davitts  Rossa Round 9 
Aghagallon  1-10 0-12 Aldergrove  Aghagallon Round 9 
Gort Na Mona  0-13 4-4 All Saints  Gort Na Mona Round 9 
Sarsfields  0-8 0-14 Glenavy  Sarsfields Round 9 
Rasharkin  2-15 0-7 Dunloy  Rasharkin Round 9 
Antrim Div 3 Football
Glenravel  0-4 1-11 Ardoyne  Glenravel Round 13 
Mc Dermotts  2-5 3-10 Tir na Nog  Mc Dermotts Round 13 
St. Endas  4-14 1-7 Eire Og  St. Endas Round 13 
Cargin 2 1-6 0-8 St. Teresas  Cargin Round 13 
St. Galls 2 4-13 0-11 St. Agnes  St. Galls Round 13 
Antrim Div 4 Football
Glenavy 2 2-7 1-12 St. Johns 2 Glenavy Round 13 
Creggan 2 3-9 1-7 St. Pauls 2 Creggan Round 13

Stevie wonder doing nets for Gorts!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Kevin McGourty a straight red for kicking I hear. Good man yourself Kevin.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2010, 10:17:19 PM
Doogan should not do Cargin games

Why's that Milltown?

OverThePostsAWide

Biased, inept or both SS2? I take it you're saying he "did St Paul's out of it"? Were St Paul's ahead at half-time by any chance?

bloodybreakball

i would imagine gerard dougan was biased against cargin if anything, he can be a bit ropey against local teams at the best of timees. besides that he's just a bad referee!! would be a turn-upfor the books if he was going against a city team in favour of a country team, altho maybe thats the way to go after decades of biased city referees especially in belfast.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: bloodybreakball on June 10, 2010, 12:27:02 AM
i would imagine gerard dougan was biased against cargin if anything, he can be a bit ropey against local teams at the best of timees. besides that he's just a bad referee!! would be a turn-upfor the books if he was going against a city team in favour of a country team, altho maybe thats the way to go after decades of biased city referees especially in belfast.

And never a biased country ref reffing outside Belfast?  ::) Your first post and your chip's showing BBB :D

Look through the other county threads on this board. It's the way the world works. Or more accurately, perceived to work. If it's not city/country bias, then it's North/South, East/West, or Up/Down   ;)

Let's take Gerard D. He's a country ref, so he'll favour the country team, right? No wait, the country team is the bitter rivals from the neighbouring parish.  He might know them all by name but with all those years of bitterness, put downs, and stealing players he's bound to favour the city team, right? But then there's the accents. I mean we're all drawn to the familiar. So a "for fuuuuuuck saaake Gerrrrrard you Creggan hoooor" might sound so less grating to him than "never a file, mate, never a file you culchie cnut" so he'll defintely favour the country team after a bit of back chat, right?. But wait, then there's the venue and the baying crowd of "supporters" who can say whatever they want ...and usually very loudly and from very close quarters. Very intimidating, so if it's a city venue, he'll definitely favour the city team, right? Poor Gerard will be so confused as to who he should be biased against he might just try and be neutral and completely fcuk it up  ;D

The truth is he'll proably go with what the majority of "normal" refs do up and down the country - give the marginal calls to the home side and/or the team that gives him the least grief. And then in the second half he'll give the (now less than) marginal calls to the team he has been hardest on in the first half and/or the team that is behind so that he can go home feeling he's done a good job being neutral.

So, I ask again, who was he perceived to be biased against and who was ahead at half time?  ;D

saffron sam2

imtommygunn

Dougan has always been a very fair ref.

How good he is I'm not so sure but he's always been in any game I've played in or seen him in fair.

Not a ref I've known anyone to have problems with.

saffron sam2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 10, 2010, 01:50:17 PM
Dougan has always been a very fair ref.

How good he is I'm not so sure but he's always been in any game I've played in or seen him in fair.

Not a ref I've known anyone to have problems with.

Not an opinion shared by too many over today's tea and Jammie Dodgers.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 10, 2010, 01:30:57 PM
St Paul's. Cargin.

Well, if Gerard's not going to follow the established rules of engagement, then he's on his own...  :D

Still, St Paul's matches must be fun to watch nevermind referee. Do you go often SS2?

Lowest scored and lowest conceded in the whole league both by a big margin according to esport. Scored only 74 pts in 9 matches and no goals, ending up with a points difference of -17 but still winning 4 matches out of 9 puting them mid-table!  ???

Do they play 14 men in their own half with one man up to win frees?  ;D