Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Hands my GL captain so good man.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SambaSaffron

I reckon Justy was MOTM. Brilliant display. Most defenders would struggle with kelly, he tore Kerry apart last year, and O'Boyle doesn't really have the nastiness in him that McMenamin has. Francie was mentioned by someone as well, but Francie wouldn't have been to mark the speedster like Kelly.

I wouldn't have said PD did ok, I thought him and O'Boyle got a bit of a roasting actually. Granted, they were 2 good players they were on, but Tyrone will have even better players. Magill took a knock which excuses him fading a bit in the 2nd half. G O'Boyle as was said took a great score but then missed a couple. 

dodgy umpire

Could someone please give me directions to st.pauls from the Bot within the next hour please? Thanks
The Boys in Red and Black are back

saffron sam2

Quote from: dodgy umpire on February 11, 2010, 11:44:55 AM
Could someone please give me directions to st.pauls from the Bot within the next hour please? Thanks

Up the Malone to House of Sport roundabout.

Take second exit off roundabout for Upper Malone Road (Dub pitches on your left).

Conitnue along Upper Malone Road past shops at Dub Lane.

At the top of the hill turn right onto Finaghy Road South. So straight along here, through the traffic lights onto Finaghy Road North. Go to the end of Finaghy Road North. Turn left onto Stewartstown Road. Take second turn right onto Shaw's Road (If you pass St Genevieve's you've gone too far).

Go up Shaw's Road past the shops and Kelstar. Turn left into St. Paul's.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

rashCharacter

SS that is an arse about face set of directions. 

Why not turn down Balmoral avenue and up kennedy way to Andy town.  Much faster.

Gold

Anyone travelling on sat nite to Cavan? They hit some score against Ros after a poor McKenna Cup.

Seanie J is missing though but without him they might play better as a team up front.

Cavan will be looking revenge after last years championship but i hope we can push on, get the win and push for promotion.

I'm sitting on the fence though i couldnt call it
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

saffron sam2

Quote from: rashCharacter on February 11, 2010, 01:30:34 PM
SS that is an arse about face set of directions. 

Why not turn down Balmoral avenue and up kennedy way to Andy town.  Much faster.

Quite possibly is yes, if you are travelling at three in the morning.

Or if you're on a motor bike.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

Good Luck to Dunloy this weekend in the All-Ireland Senior Semi-Final.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on February 13, 2010, 03:55:11 AM
Good Luck to Dunloy this weekend in the All-Ireland Senior Semi-Final.

The thread police have arrived.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pebble-dasher

Any team news?  Expecting a tight one but going to have faith and say antrim by 2 points.

aontroim

Antrim by 8 pts - sounds like another decent performance against Cavan in Breffni - keep that momentum going and you never know there could be a sniff of another promotion.

A Quinn Martin Production

CJ McGourty discusses his return to the Antrim county panel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8511672.stm

While I think CJ is a big boost to the panel in terms of his talent, I wouldn't say he's exactly busting to get back!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Denn Forever

Quote from: hardstation on February 14, 2010, 04:15:12 PM
Fantastic win. Fair fcuks to Baker and the lads. Great stuff.

Brought back to earth. 

Wasn't at it but Cavan posters on the Cavan thread "fierce" disappointed.  Are Antrim gearing up for a good season?  Any crumbs for Cavan supporters?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 14, 2010, 05:59:15 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 14, 2010, 04:15:12 PM
Fantastic win. Fair fcuks to Baker and the lads. Great stuff.

Brought back to earth. 

Wasn't at it but Cavan posters on the Cavan thread "fierce" disappointed.  Are Antrim gearing up for a good season?  Any crumbs for Cavan supporters?

1st half both teams fairly evenly matched.
2nd half, Antrims running game , support play and sheer athleticism just cut Cavan open,running in packs of 3/4 straight through the heart of Cavans defense,Just like last Sumer,Their Cavan markers couldnt seem to catch them. Antrim well worth their 8 point win in the end.
Paddy Cunningham very impressive from frees and open play.

Disappointed that Carr still hasnt come up with a way to stop that type of game.
Many more type of performances like that second half performance and Tommy will be getting his P45 before too long.