Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Did a game a few weeks ago. Players and managers knew the score as I was telling them throughout but the supporters had a different score! An umpire had put up his hand for a score, I was behind it, gave a wide but they must have thought it was a score...

The only other one is marking a point down on the wrong side..

There is actually a rule in the book that if you make the wrong call, you can't change it.

Of course I'm not debating the score, I wasn't at it but not uncommon for managers to check with ref on the current score. Especially in tight games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: antrimman667 on May 21, 2023, 11:43:26 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 21, 2023, 11:25:07 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on May 21, 2023, 11:05:04 AM
Some win for the lads yday, hopefully now go on to take 3 from 3. Am I right in saying that the league's finish this week and then they split? I see there are a few teams to play matches in hand, how would that work?

2 more rounds AFTER today before the split
Next Sunday and Wed 7th june

When they finish, the only outstanding game will be the ahoghill Creggan game, for which i don't know if that result has been declared yet

For division 2 this couldn't be the case either then ? As most teams will have their fixtures played but there are a few teams who have games in hand?

Division 2 is different due to an even amount of teams therefore no byes required. 2 rescheduled games on later this week
Seems to be an issue regarding Aldergrove games but I don't know what
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2023, 11:47:07 AM
Did a game a few weeks ago. Players and managers knew the score as I was telling them throughout but the supporters had a different score! An umpire had put up his hand for a score, I was behind it, gave a wide but they must have thought it was a score...

There is actually a rule in the book that if you make the wrong call, you can't change it.

Of course I'm not debating the score, I wasn't at it but not uncommon for managers to check with ref on the current score. Especially in tight games
Mistakes happen in life, we"ll park it and move on. Was just highlighting it

Lár na páirce 1

Head of referees and he got score wrong not only that but his umpire corrected him and also both teams but he decided he can't be wrong and still had cargin down by 3 at HT
Only a league game yes but you are either right or your wrong and he was very wrong this time the arrogance of the man was astounding!everyone can make a mistake but at least own up to it and amend it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC13 on May 21, 2023, 12:30:08 PM

Head of referees and he got score wrong not only that but his umpire corrected him and also both teams but he decided he can't be wrong and still had cargin down by 3 at HT
Only a league game yes but you are either right or your wrong and he was very wrong this time the arrogance of the man was astounding!everyone can make a mistake but at least own up to it and amend it.

But you're going to park it  ;D

I jest, I hope the saffron Gael report has the correct score up  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2023, 12:39:25 PM
Quote from: EOC13 on May 21, 2023, 12:30:08 PM

But you're going to park it  ;D

I jest, I hope the saffron Gael report has the correct score up  ;)

Go check the S G report.....easy to count the individual scorers.......

Gold

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 21, 2023, 09:34:21 AM
Quote from: Gold on May 21, 2023, 09:24:06 AM
Great comeback and win. McCann is some man for a goal. Class

Disappointed Shivers walked away. Hopefully he can work on pace and strength and fitness and come back better conditioned for it next year because his talent is obvious but he's still young
With that analysis it doesn't sound like your that disappointed 😂

I am.

I want Antrim to be successful and he is obviously one of our most talented players

He's still young and hopefully will fulfil his potential.  We are all on the same side here....he 100percent needs to work of his conditioning,  speed , sharpness and fitness and should be pushed by all to do so, for the good of the County
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Would ye whist

So you are telling me that for instance if you blow for mark which was actually kicked inside the 45 and realise your mistake you let the game go on and don't, say hop the ball?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 22, 2023, 03:31:54 PM
So you are telling me that for instance if you blow for mark which was actually kicked inside the 45 and realise your mistake you let the game go on and don't, say hop the ball?

I'm happy enough to say I sorta got that wrong lol!! It could have been a free out for overcarrying as he tried to claim a mark when the free was sent in, I blew the whistle incorrectly, but gave a hop ball so that I didn't make it worse for both teams, if ya know what I mean.. See even I can make a blunder lol

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 21, 2023, 11:25:07 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on May 21, 2023, 11:05:04 AM
Some win for the lads yday, hopefully now go on to take 3 from 3. Am I right in saying that the league's finish this week and then they split? I see there are a few teams to play matches in hand, how would that work?

2 more rounds AFTER today before the split
Next Sunday and Wed 7th june

When they finish, the only outstanding game will be the ahoghill Creggan game, for which i don't know if that result has been declared yet

Ahoghill were awarded points and Creggan mentors were sanctioned, as well as senior footballers losing home advantage for remaining league fixtures....

But......am hearing Kickham's have lodged appeal.......

Spike

Quote from: Gold on May 21, 2023, 08:13:17 PM

Disappointed Shivers walked away. Hopefully he can work on pace and strength and fitness and come back better conditioned for it next year because his talent is obvious but he's still young

I am.

I want Antrim to be successful and he is obviously one of our most talented players

He's still young and hopefully will fulfil his potential.  We are all on the same side here....he 100percent needs to work of his conditioning,  speed , sharpness and fitness and should be pushed by all to do so, for the good of the County

Pat was used to playing MacRory Cup football not McLarnon Cup. Could be he sees more value heading back to his club to do the hard work than playing County friendlies

delgany

Quote from: 1884 on May 22, 2023, 06:10:29 PM
Anyone able to clarify promotion/relegation for each of the leagues?
2 automatically down in Div1 with only one coming up. Is that right? Div2?

Two down, 1 promoted from/ to Div 1&2 in football.

bannside

Spike, you're a wise poster to be fair but that last post of yours isn't doing Pat any favours. Reads like Pat thinks he's too good for the Tailteean Cup, and I would seriously doubt that's what he's thinking. Very condescending post imo.

Pat is terrific player and will bounce back.

Flanker

Quote from: Spike on May 22, 2023, 10:52:57 PM
Quote from: Gold on May 21, 2023, 08:13:17 PM

I am.

Pat was used to playing MacRory Cup football not McLarnon Cup. Could be he sees more value heading back to his club to do the hard work than playing County friendlies

Sounds like you are in the same camp as the hurling snobs

"a sort of Gaelic football Grand National for disappointed also rans".

imtommygunn

We've won a handful of games in the championship in forty odd years yet a championship at our level is introduced and people look down on it. Doesn't make any sense to me. Pity about shivers but he has huge ability and will hopefully be back.

Tc is perfect for us otherwise we will year on year be measured on unrealistic expectations in the championship in a province where most other teams are division one level.