Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 12:31:24 AM
You tried (miserably without checking) to presume they didn't, to score points on a tragedy, which is sick .

You called the PRO a "wee rat" they are your words and want people to take you seriously?

As for one person to cover two games at the same time I'm really confused on how he actually goes about that? Help me here

Calling a supporter a fat cnut, spitting in someone's face and denying someone in a wheelchair into a match and you want people to take the people in charge seriously?

Saffrongael

Was as heavy a defeat expected yesterday for the minors ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

realisticsaff

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 23, 2023, 12:59:17 PM
Was as heavy a defeat expected yesterday for the minors ?

Nope talking to a few of them they threw the towel in

FrMaginn

Judging by the score, maybe some players were glad it wasn't covered on twitter

SaffSpot

Judging by what some fellas tell me, the minors were outraged that the U16 Celtic Challenge team was mentioned on the Twitter page but no mention of their match against Armagh.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffSpot on April 23, 2023, 07:47:47 PM
Judging by what some fellas tell me, the minors were outraged that the U16 Celtic Challenge team was mentioned on the Twitter page but no mention of their match against Armagh.

Outraged? The problem with kids today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffSpot

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 07:54:12 PM

Yes, outraged. And those "kids" are the future of our county teams.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffSpot on April 23, 2023, 08:10:39 PM

I'm sorry if I was more outraged because the Twitter hadn't put up some info after getting hammered then there is something seriously wrong.

Talk about going out of your way to be outraged!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffSpot

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 08:12:57 PM

I'm sorry if I was more outraged because the Twitter hadn't put up some info after getting hammered then there is something seriously wrong.

Talk about going out of your way to be outraged!
I'm sure if you talked to any minor that played yesterday they would have been disappointed with the result but then going into Twitter after the game to not even see a "good luck" message for the lads from your own PRO would be very demoralising. The PRO has an obligation to promote every aspect of county games to the public. But if any Tom, Dick or Harry went on the Antrim official page they wouldn't know any different if our minors were playing or not.

Milltown Row2

Times have changed and not for the better, if you feel that you ain't getting enough attention on Twitter then maybe you don't have the resilience to play inter county

realisticsaff

I wouldn't bother it's like trying to talk to a brick wall. He's always right.

BrendanAntrim

To be blunt this comment is an absolute load of nonsense.

InnocentByStander

Understand both sides of this argument certainly someone cant be two places at once.

However its not very hard to retweet updates from somewhere else or a tweet before the game directing people where they could receive updates.

Poor form mentioning the Celtic challenge and no mention of the footballers.

MR2 I know you don't like the SV guys but surely you can see where they are coming from...

Milltown Row2

Can someone put a 'Tweat' on about the game at Dunsilly please.

Can only imagine the outrage of not being tweeted about

Social media is grand but when kids are complaining about not being 'spoken' about on some social media platform about a heavy defeat then the place is doomed

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2023, 11:24:38 AM
Can someone put a 'Tweat' on about the game at Dunsilly please.

Can only imagine the outrage of not being tweeted about

Social media is grand but when kids are complaining about not being 'spoken' about on some social media platform about a heavy defeat then the place is doomed

Win lose or draw I'm sure it would be nice to gain some recognition for playing for your county, for some players it might be a big deal even just being named on a team sheet on your county twitter page. no matter of result.