Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on February 25, 2023, 10:59:00 PM
We've scored 75 points (averaging 19 points per game) in a tough division, playing exceptional football at times. The few who were in Newry or fewer still in Thurles know that, and today we saw it in spells.

All this with a huge injury list...Ryan Dermot Jamie Adam Decky Paddy McBride and others.

Who all's for Glennon Park?
Not allowed to comment on Antrims games unless you travel Ireland watching them, that the rules on here lads

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 26, 2023, 11:28:05 AM
We've scored 75 points (averaging 19 points per game) in a tough division, playing exceptional football at times. The few who were in Newry or fewer still in Thurles know that, and today we saw it in spells.

All this with a huge injury list...Ryan Dermot Jamie Adam Decky Paddy McBride and others.

Not allowed to comment on Antrims games unless you travel Ireland w
atching them, that the rules on here lads

Anyone know why one of the best young players in the county, Sean O' Neill cannot get a sniff....?

Hoof Hearted

For Longford Offaly ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

So many rookies and first years were in or around the action yesterday. Keeper, Oisin, Finnegan twins, Mc Larnon, Dommo and Hynds when he came on...just too much inexperience when the game was in the melting pot during last five minutes. Yet in the end the killer blow was a big fist by Quigley for the second week in a row to grab the points.

Such very small margins yet some can't wait to name shame and condemn, without a passing word in recognition of the fabulous effort and excellent passages of play that enabled us to go 8 up. Or the superb contributions from (amongst others) Stewart, Healy, Jordan, Mc Cann at FF and Joseph Finnegan who looks nailed on to play for next five or six years.

When this period of transition settles,  a few injuries heal up and maybe one or two return to the fold, we will have a team ready to face the next few years with real confidence.

Sean O Neill will play his way in, and trust me it wont be too long before Ryan Mc Quillan, Aidan Mc Aleese and possibly Conchur Johnston will be in that mix, if not this year,  definitely next.

From what i see I'd be more confident of a performance or two in the Tailteean Cup this year than I was last year....but time will tell!

Is it too much to expect us to all to get behind that?

realisticsaff

Losing an 8 point lead in the 2nd half when both teams are at a similar level in modern day Gaelic football is absolutely criminal. End of.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on February 26, 2023, 04:16:58 PM
Losing an 8 point lead in the 2nd half when both teams are at a similar level in modern day Gaelic football is absolutely criminal. End of.

Maybe you should 'support' someone else.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

And noticaby absent was a positive comment after we polished off Tipp last week. Saving your comments for defeats RealisticSaffs?

Funny Westmeath did the same last night, squandered an 8 pt lead and never scored last 20 mins. It happens!

imtommygunn

Reading the division three thread the reckoning was tipp were better than Longford and Longford were lucky (from a Longford person) and that is our must win game. I don't think we could get anything against Cavan but think we may have a chance against Westmeath.

While the outcome was massively disappointing yesterday we have definitely improved massively. The defensive structure is so much better and we appear to have found a few players. Rory McCann at ff is a fantastic outlet but we have to remember he needs support and not isolate him so much too.

Key thing now is to stay in the division. You look at the results in division four and that is a minefield. If we stay in it then next year I think the teams coming up will be much stronger than the teams going down but the same could be said for three to two so it'll maybe even itself out. If we got a good run in the tailteann cup then that would be a good platform for next year.

bannside

Plus one. All talk previously was players not available, lets get behind those who are....no matter what club or part of county they come from.

ck

Was at the game. Very positive from what I could see. New players doing well and progressing.
Whilst throwing away an 8 point lead is a bit of a disaster at this level, the style of play is unrecognisable from what we saw last year. It'll come down to the Longford game to stay up and staying up will be an achievement.

paddyjohn

It's a game of football lads, nobody has died.

We'll go again.

realisticsaff

MR what game you got this weekend?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on February 28, 2023, 12:32:48 PM
Div 1 predictions.
Moneyglass v Aghagallon-away win by at least 10
Ahoghill v N Bríd-away win by 3
St Galls v Casements-high scoring Draw
Lamh Dhearg v St John's-home win by 2
Randalstown v Cargin-draw
Creggan v Rossa-home win 6+

Jesus! With no county players and a few injuries I wouldn't be putting my house on that!!

realisticsaff

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on February 28, 2023, 12:32:48 PM
Div 1 predictions.
Moneyglass v Aghagallon-away win by at least 10
Ahoghill v N Bríd-away win by 3
St Galls v Casements-high scoring Draw
Lamh Dhearg v St John's-home win by 2
Randalstown v Cargin-draw
Creggan v Rossa-home win 6+

Div 1 predictions.
Moneyglass v Aghagallon-away win by 4
Ahoghill v N Bríd- home win by 7
St Galls v Casements- Away win by 10
Lamh Dhearg v St John's- St John's by 5
Tir na nog v Cargin- depends on Cargins team
Creggan v Rossa- Creggan by 10 plus

Remember you have to factor in county is on at the same time, the u20s is this weekend aswell apart from Portglenone, Ahoghill and Creggan everyone is way understrength