Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 17, 2021, 04:04:00 PM
You would also wonder how the transfer can go through when his address is in Cork.  ::)

Inter County Transfers are all completed online/ email process, 10 day turn around , only turned down if an objection@

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on August 17, 2021, 02:04:15 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 17, 2021, 01:57:48 PM
any word of Gaelfast chief appointment? with schools returning its a very important time for tjis school project

Shane Flanagan , Director of Games Development Coaching , Croke Park .
Thanks - any interview or plan from him yit?

delgany

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 17, 2021, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: delgany on August 17, 2021, 02:04:15 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 17, 2021, 01:57:48 PM
any word of Gaelfast chief appointment? with schools returning its a very important time for tjis school project

Shane Flanagan , Director of Games Development Coaching , Croke Park .
Thanks - any interview or plan from him yit?

He's the Head Man in croke, so no .....he is the boss...

gallsman

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 04:50:50 PM
You are allowed to play for your 'home' club if you move away.

A player who permanently resides outside his First County and wishes to transfer from his current Own Club to his First Club or to the Club (or its successor) of which he was a playing member immediately prior to leaving his First County, may so transfer provided he has not played in a Competition for the first time with his Own Club after January 1st.

I don't think there's any hint of any rule breaking, but this shouldn't be allowed in my view. If you leave your club, you should only be allowed back if you moved back.

Loughrey's case is a little bit more bizarre given the year that's in it as he was playing the 2020 club championship for Mallow a few weeks ago I think.

Unreal player though.

imtommygunn

I would agree with that. I live quite a bit away from my home club but they are still my home club - where I grew up, where I am from etc. Your home club will always be in your dna and that should be recognised.

It is an odd scenario mind you.

Milltown Row2

I've ref'd them in the league a few times this year, he hasn't played any games I was involved in, just championship, have they won any games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2021, 06:19:29 PM
I've ref'd them in the league a few times this year, he hasn't played any games I was involved in, just championship, have they won any games?
Only transfered in July

BigBallWeeBall

500 mile round trip is some journey by car. I would think that St Brides no doubt have a contact in The Whirlybirds (if under 50 Google it) or one of their private jets is made available.
Smacks of desperation to me, didn't like it when clubs flew players back from the states years ago either

gallsman

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on August 17, 2021, 06:22:47 PM
500 mile round trip is some journey by car. I would think that St Brides no doubt have a contact in The Whirlybirds (if under 50 Google it) or one of their private jets is made available.
Smacks of desperation to me, didn't like it when clubs flew players back from the states years ago either

Ah I dunno, these days you can go from Stockman's Lane to Cork without hitting a traffic light.

JimStynes

I'm lost here. Are boys complaining about loughrey playing for his home club? Or is he still playing for his cork club as well? What's the issue? Sure some Belfast clubs have had boys from all over playing for them over the years.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on August 17, 2021, 06:59:39 PM
I'm lost here. Are boys complaining about loughrey playing for his home club? Or is he still playing for his cork club as well? What's the issue? Sure some Belfast clubs have had boys from all over playing for them over the years.

Nobody is complaining.

Belfast GAA man

then wats the problem here? is money changing hands and is that the issue......

delgany

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 08:26:05 PM
Jesus! Quite a leap.

There is no issue. Galls man is of the opinion that a player should not be able to transfer back to his original club if he still lives outside the county. It is not specific to James Loughrey's transfer, it is just his opinion. Albeit one that I disagree with.
good ! Someone not motivated by money and just the love of his club. If only the SW teams had managers who would travel for free lol