Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

If you win that championship, as far as I am aware you do not have a choice. You have to play the grade above the following year.

Magicsponge

Quote from: NAG1 on January 31, 2012, 10:37:38 AM
If you win that championship, as far as I am aware you do not have a choice. You have to play the grade above the following year.

Oh right, I assumed that it was maybe the same as the Junior championship. I think it's better that they go up, teams should give it a go at least and see how they get on. It will give them a bit of experience at least

imtommygunn

Quote from: NAG1 on January 31, 2012, 10:37:38 AM

Pretty sure you don't have to go up - it's a choice. It'd be the same for all championships. Did ballymena not win it before and choose not to go up?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

From Twitter:

Quote@thomaskane1 @bbcchampionship All Ireland club winning manager Lenny Harbinson has stepped down as St Galls boss
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

DearyMe

Thomas Kane has Twitter??? Big news alright! :D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Rasharkin Gael

Any truth to the rumours that m. magill has left randalstown for st johns?

NAG1

Big loss, any reason or was he just looking to play Div1?

otbar

Think it is the lure of Division 1 - Although he did get hassle last year within the club - The manager O'kane has also left.  Again cant comment on reasons.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on February 02, 2012, 04:03:31 PM

Why not go to a decent club?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

subterranean saffron

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2012, 04:35:35 PM

Like St.Galls? Sure they don't even like their own - just ask Twitters Thomas Kane - what would make them like outsiders?

If living in Belfast a move to St. John's is probably his best bet for a 'career move'. I reckon its nothing more than a rumour but assuming it isn't I personally don't agree with it, many a good player has travelled longer distances to play lower division football. Make no doubt about it though, Magill is a very good player and would give St. John's someone to work with off Brian Neeson.

Magicsponge

Speaking of St Johns, I see 2 men were charged over the fire at their club last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16854329

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: otbar on February 02, 2012, 04:31:19 PM
Think it is the lure of Division 1 - Although he did get hassle last year within the club - The manager O'kane has also left.  Again cant comment on reasons.

Is okane away to portglenone?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: subterranean saffron on February 02, 2012, 05:15:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2012, 04:35:35 PM

Like St.Galls? Sure they don't even like their own - just ask Twitters Thomas Kane - what would make them like outsiders?

If living in Belfast a move to St. John's is probably his best bet for a 'career move'. I reckon its nothing more than a rumour but assuming it isn't I personally don't agree with it, many a good player has travelled longer distances to play lower division football. Make no doubt about it though, Magill is a very good player and would give St. John's someone to work with off Brian Neeson.

Did I mention Naomh Gall? Very touchy. Twitter? What ya on about?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

subterranean saffron

MR - didn't mean to come across 'touchy' was only having a friendly dig in return to what you wrote. Who preytell are a 'decent' team, seeing as St. John's are not?

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on February 02, 2012, 12:08:21 AM
From Twitter:

Quote@thomaskane1 @bbcchampionship All Ireland club winning manager Lenny Harbinson has stepped down as St Galls boss

Thats what I meant by the twitter comment - Thomas Kane breaking the news that Lenny had left. Your views on him 'quitting'?

In future I'll work on my writing skills so that they fully represent what I mean to say  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: subterranean saffron on February 02, 2012, 06:49:52 PM
MR - didn't mean to come across 'touchy' was only having a friendly dig in return to what you wrote. Who preytell are a 'decent' team, seeing as St. John's are not?

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on February 02, 2012, 12:08:21 AM
From Twitter:

Thats what I meant by the twitter comment - Thomas Kane breaking the news that Lenny had left. Your views on him 'quitting'?

In future I'll work on my writing skills so that they fully represent what I mean to say  ;)

Not exactly breaking news, he resigned the other night and give a statement to the press and it's been in the Irish News today.

Plenty of clubs have managers come ago, we are no different, I really don't think it's news worthy do you?

Nothing in the Irish News about Cushendall's new manager, or Ballycastle's new manager for that matter, very puzzling.

And yes don't jump in with two feet ;)