NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: blanketattack on March 01, 2022, 11:53:04 AM
Quote from: mup on March 01, 2022, 11:12:50 AM
Quote from: hoynevalley on February 28, 2022, 08:49:59 PM
Quote from: mup on February 27, 2022, 05:40:58 PM
Delighted with that win. Rode our luck at times but ground it out. Not often we beat the Dubs so we'll enjoy it.
Even better to see some opposition fans raging over the loss. 🤣

I thought you didnt go to intercounty games? You have a dirty horn for the dubs going by all your posts. Why not enjoy the victory instead of your rage for the jackeens 🤣🤣🤣

I don't go to intercounty games. Where did I say I was there?

The Dubs are one of our biggest rivals who we haven't beaten in 22 years. So surely I'm entitled to my day in the sun. It might be another 22 years before we beat them again. I am enjoying the victory very much so I'm not raging at all. The opposite in fact.

Thank you for taking the time to ask though.

People getting very precious, giving out about Kildare celebrating a first win over Dublin in 22 years.
I remember Tyrone celebrating their win over Armagh in the 2005 semi-final like they won the All-Ireland.
Didn't stop them winning the All-Ireland.
Not saying Kildare will win the All-Ireland  :) , but whatever happens to them after this will have nothing to do with how they reacted to beating Dublin.
It definitely felt like it alright.  Along with coming back against Armagh first round in Omagh in 89, Filleting and polishing off the great Derry team in the 95 Ulster semi final and that game particularly with the robbed Ulster win, never mind the 4 All Ireland wins there have been some great days for Tyrone supporters in the last 35 years.   

Captain Scarlet

What's the point if you can't celebrate.
And you can sure it was only the league but Dublin needed to win that as much as Kildare did, so it wasn't like they were half-arsing it. It was a tough game and, as was said, their aura is eroding so we should not fear them at all.

That being said they have lots of class players to turn it all around but not as many as they used to. Like Kildare still have to get a full run of games from Feely. Plus you have Eoin Doyle, Darragh Kirwan, David Hyland (former captain) and Fergal Conway all on the bench. Lads who would stroll onto the team other years.

It would be amazing to stay up, but the division is so tight I don't see anyone taking the foot off the throttle.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rosnarun

very odd what's happened to Dublin . up to about 2 years ago the talk was that the second best team in Ireland was the dublin Subs and they looked it anytime they played . now Dublins only chance is if all the injured players comeback and Dublin are in such a downward spiral im not sure that would even help.
no I think they need a kick start to get going whether that to convince MAnnion and Mccaffery  and a few more of the younger retirees back or the easier option of Sacking dessie  im not sure,
but i dont believe the it'll be alright on the night theory about the championship that is going around.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 01, 2022, 01:32:29 PM
And you can sure it was only the league but Dublin needed to win that as much as Kildare did, so it wasn't like they were half-arsing it. It was a tough game and, as was said, their aura is eroding so we should not fear them at all.

That being said they have lots of class players to turn it all around but not as many as they used to. Like Kildare still have to get a full run of games from Feely. Plus you have Eoin Doyle, Darragh Kirwan, David Hyland (former captain) and Fergal Conway all on the bench. Lads who would stroll onto the team other years.

It would be amazing to stay up, but the division is so tight I don't see anyone taking the foot off the throttle.

Am i right in saying 6 of Kildares 2018 U20 All Ireland winners started on Sunday and a 7th was brought off the bench. Under this management that group of players are given more of a chance to impress than the last management and so far it's reaping its benefits.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

yellowcard

Dublin will likely lose Cooper, McCarthy, Fitzsimmons and possibly Dean Rock to retirement at the end of this season. They will be left with around three or four established players from their six in a row squad remaining. No county can sustain that level of loss without adequate replacements. It was always going to be a difficult job to take on after Jim Gavin but the transition is going to take a few years and Dessie Farrell can be grateful that he at least managed to win an AI title with them. Whether he lasts out this season or not, the next manager will have a complete rebuild on his hands. 

mup

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 01, 2022, 02:47:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 01, 2022, 01:32:29 PM

Am i right in saying 6 of Kildares 2018 U20 All Ireland winners started on Sunday and a 7th was brought off the bench. Under this management that group of players are given more of a chance to impress than the last management and so far it's reaping its benefits.

Yes that is correct. Didn't realise myself till now.

No guarantees with anything but the current management won't be found wanting in the attitude stakes.

Captain Scarlet

Talk of the Dubs retirees is right. And those few mentioned won't hang around much longer.
Like Feely coming on was a massive boost to us and their bench hadn't that kind of strenght in depth.

Must watch back the game but his mark was awesome late on - serious hang time!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

screenexile

There's a fair chance Kildare and Dublin will be the only 2 Leinster teams in the the top 2 divisions next year!!

imtommygunn

I'd still expect one of Laois or Westmeath to get promoted from division 3.

Wildweasel74

Big difference Tyrone beating Armagh after a previous early loss to make an all Ireland final and beating Dublin team beat in the 4 previous games nfl/ championship games.

Cunny Funt

https://twitter.com/GAA__JOE/status/1498603754320498691
Wouldn't like to be given the task to track Paddy Durcan. The Hyde Park pitch in great shape when you consider the amount of rain that fell in the west the last couple of weeks.

J70

Is sacking Farrell a real prospect? And not extremely harsh if it came to that?

Not sure I can remember a GAA manager being removed halfway through a season, with the exception of Babs Keating quitting way back in the 90s when the Offaly squad basically kicked him out and went on (with the aid of Jimmy Cooney's early whistle) to win an All Ireland.

Rossfan

Tommytom Carr and Johntan Maughan both abandoned Ros in the month of March.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on March 01, 2022, 06:39:45 PM
Tommytom Carr and Johntan Maughan both abandoned Ros in the month of March.

Abandoned or jumped before they were pushed? :D

Rossfan

Jumped in the face of mounting criticism ....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM