Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Or Charley's Angels.  He was Bosley in that as well?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 20, 2010, 05:46:05 PM
Or Charley's Angels.  He was Bosley in that as well?

Good call Denn...along with Farrah

God rest the both of them :-\
The Aristocrat Years

sammymaguire

Heard that Peter Harte, brother of Tyrone Senior football manager, Micky, had died recently, sad news
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Boycey

RIP - Paul the octopus

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/26/paul-psychic-octopus-dies-football

Paul the 'psychic' octopus, who won unlikely worldwide fame after correctly predicting a host of World Cup matches, has died, his owners have confirmed. Stefan Porwoll, manager of the Oberhausen Sea Life Centre in Germany, said: "His success made him almost a bigger story than the World Cup itself."

Paul predicted the winners of all Germany's World Cup 2010 clashes, and then of the final by selecting one of two boxes, each loaded with a mussel food treat and marked on the outside with one of the teams.

Staff at the centre said his death was not entirely unexpected, since common octopuses generally only live a couple of years. "He appears to have passed away peacefully during the night, of natural causes, and we are consoled by the knowledge that he enjoyed a good life here," said Mr Porwoll.

"We may decide to give Paul his own small burial plot within our grounds and erect a modest permanent shrine." Paul will live on meanwhile in the form of a range of commercial enterprises ranging from special clothing lines to mobile phone applications. He will also feature in a documentary to be released early next year.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

Next instalment in the lamest publicity stunt of the year - Paul The Octopus rises from the dead after prayer campaign by fans. "I could see a white light, then a voice said 'go back - you're the wrong Paul - we sent for McCartney' ".

World-wide media tour to follow. Contract signed for "I'm an Octopus - get me out of here". Autobiography in planning - "I know a sucker when I see one". (Price - what else? Six quid).

Hint - you can't tell one octopus from another. Further hint - they're nature's masters of disguise, ffs.

ziggysego

Does anyone know how we get our money back for tickets for one of Paul the Octopus's 50 O2 dates?
Testing Accessibility

give her dixie

Argentina's former President Nestor Kirchner has died, after reportedly suffering a heart attack.

Mr Kirchner, 60, who had been operated on in September for heart problems, died in the southern Argentine city of El Calafate, local media reported.

His wife, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, is the current president of the country.

Mr Kirchner served as president from 2003 to 2007, and was being tipped to stand for election again in 2011.

He had remained a member of the Argentine congress and secretary general of the South American regional grouping, Unasur.

But he had been dogged by ill health and had undergone two major operations in 2010 alone.

In February Mr Kirchner had surgery to remove a blockage in his carotid artery, which carried blood from the heart to the brain.

He had a second operation in September, when routine tests revealed a blocked coronary artery.

Mr Kirchner was given an emergency angioplasty after complaining of numbness in his legs.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ONeill

They reckon the octopus was long dead, maybe even before the World Cup. Mother of all cover-ups. Makes you question MJ and Elvis.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Declan

The death has been announced of the former horse racing trainer Paddy Mullins at the age of 91.

FL/MAYO

James MacArthur RIP.

Dano from Hawaii Five O

"Book him Dano murder 1"

Minder

Foreign Minister Michael Martins seven year old daughter has died in Great Ormond Street hospital, she had a heart condition.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Denn Forever

RIP.  Condolences to the family.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

13aside

yes desperatly sad about that little girl RIP