Started by dec, February 11, 2013, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

From recent years
Hurling DJ Carey or Nicky English
Football Maurice Fitzgerald, Peter Canavan or Anthony Tohill

theticklemister

Quote from: Hardy on February 11, 2013, 06:41:40 PM
No homework for anybody if we can fill the first page of this without anybody nominating a player from their own county.

(Or, in the case of our Northern correspondents, province.)

northern with a small n please

J70

Surely the likes of Micko and Sean Boylan would be shoo-ins, assuming such an institution would recognize managers?

Someone mentioned Martin McHugh... first entry from Donegal would have to be McEniff.

T Fearon

Surely the relevant question here is not who should be in it,but who should be left out? Most clubs have a Hall of Fame,with an addition every year,and most of us without thinking could rhyme off at least twenty worthy candidates for this national one.

Hope they approach it tastefully,like the SFA in Scotland,which accepts nominations from everyone and anyone,and admits,after careful consideration,6 new members annually,at a Special Dinner,where each new inductee is presented with a commemorative plaque.

nrico2006

Quote from: dec on February 12, 2013, 01:21:42 AM
From recent years
Hurling DJ Carey or Nicky English
Football Maurice Fitzgerald, Peter Canavan or Anthony Tohill

I would have to agree with you.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggy90

Padraic Joyce, Peter Canavan.

Gerry McInerney, DJ Carey.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

muppet

Jacko and Mullins are the blatant ones for me.

Better do them now and return later for the likes of Frank McGuigan, JBM, Canavan, Maurice Fitz, O'Rourke, Matt Connor, Mickey Linden, John O'Leary, John Egan, Paudí, Dermot Early Snr, Padraig Joyce, Moynihan, Ja, Blaney, Corkery, Tony McManus, Anthony Tohill, Dermot McCabe, Dara O'Sé, Eamon O'Hara, Michael Donnellan, Mickey Quinn, Ciaran McManus, Kevin O'Brien, Declan Browne, Mattie Forde and of course a whole host of players from a county the OP prevented me from mentioning.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 12, 2013, 09:22:32 AM
Padraic Joyce, Peter Canavan.

Gerry McInerney, DJ Carey.

Seanie McMahon, An Clár, the engine of that great Clare team of the 90's.

Feckitt

rosnarun

Dick Fitzgerald and Eddie Kerr
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Club Rossa

blanketattack

There's a lot of catching up to do. The first 10-15 years of the Hall of fame should mainly include players from the first 50 years of the GAA, the players from the 80s 90s and 00s will have to wait.
For Kerry the first 4 should be:
Dick Fitzgerald
Paddy Kennedy
Paddy Bawn Brosnan
Aeroplane O Shea

BTW, Why did Tony McTague and Eamonn Cregan get in as well?

Crete Boom

Leinster : Matt Connor, Kevin O' Brien , Brain Mullins , Martin Storey

Munster : Ciaran Carey , Maurice Fitz , Declan Browne , Ger Loughnane.

Ulster : Frank MacGuigan , Brian McEniff , Peter the Great, Big Joe Kernan.

Galway : Padraic Joyce , Joe Cooney.

Sligo : Mickey Kearns , Eamonn O Hara

Leitrim: Packie McGarty , Seamus Quinn (didn't he deck John Maughan or was it his brother Frankie?)

Rossies : The town of Ballaghadreen (for staying loyal and true to its blood under terrible circumstances ;) ) and maybe some token gesture like Tony Mac or Dermott Sr to keep them happy ;D.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Delighted for Tony McTague, a club man of my own in Ferbane, and someone who coached us as underage players. He was a great player for Offaly's first great team, the All Ireland winners of '71 and '72, and they beat Kerry by 9 points in a replayed final, which is still Kerry's biggest defeat in an All Ireland I think?

Tony had a phrase with us which I use today with my teams. 'Win the ball. The man that has the ball is GOD. He decides what happens next.'