Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Lovely wee lump sum backpay arrived in the post this morning there 8)
That just might push smurfy and trailer over the edge.

Smurfy123

😀😀
Ah Jim I'm over the edge here reading that
What will you spend it on?
You are probably to busy prepping work for September to even think about spending it?

delgany

Quote from: JimStynes on June 27, 2020, 12:21:56 PM
Lovely wee lump sum backpay arrived in the post this morning there 8)
That just might push smurfy and trailer over the edge.

Although I do hate the fkn  tax and NI deductions !

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

delgany

Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2020, 01:46:49 PM
[quote

Teachers are the enemy of ignorance.
[/quote

Teachers are fed up with people trying to tell them how to do their jobs, starting with balloons like Nolan on BBC-  a complete air head !
I dont see any other topic streams on here , for example , that criticise other professions in the same way , because everyone is an expert in the field of the pedagogy of teaching , learning and assessment- or so they think !

imtommygunn

It's like I said to someone recently when they were slating Richard Branson. Irrespective of what he is etc you don't like him because the media have decided you don't like him. Tories, daily mail etc started stuff on teachers making it that people should dislike them too.

Like any profession no doubt there are a few chancers about but plenty of very good ones too.

JimStynes

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 27, 2020, 12:35:11 PM
😀😀
You are probably to busy prepping work for September to even think about spending it?

I'll not be doing a tap until the 24th of August.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on June 27, 2020, 03:33:52 PM
😀😀

Booking Vegas hopefully with 'ours'  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 27, 2020, 02:51:22 PM
It's like I said to someone recently when they were slating Richard Branson. Irrespective of what he is etc you don't like him because the media have decided you don't like him. Tories, daily mail etc started stuff on teachers making it that people should dislike them too.

Like any profession no doubt there are a few chancers about but plenty of very good ones too.
I'm married to one and she works very hard and gets good results, but she would admit there is one teacher in her school who does close to f**k all, gets mediocre results but still gets the same pay and conditions as her colleagues and will continue until retirement in the same vein. The likelihood of being a lazy fecker and getting away without sanction, for any significant period of time, is a lot slimmer in the non-unionised private sector. Having said that if she taught English, Maths or Science(s) there would be much more focus on her stats.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2020, 04:07:19 PM
😀😀

Don't forget the wains!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2020, 04:43:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2020, 04:07:19 PM
😀😀

Don't forget the wains!

They'll be coming ffs!

I've one daughter who'll holiday with us we'll into her 30's I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2020, 04:33:17 PM

I'm married to one and she works very hard and gets good results, but she would admit there is one teacher in her school who does close to f**k all, gets mediocre results but still gets the same pay and conditions as her colleagues and will continue until retirement in the same vein.

That's scandalous of your wife to say that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

delgany

Quote from: ONeill on June 28, 2020, 04:39:55 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2020, 04:33:17 PM

I'm married to one and she works very hard and gets good results, but she would admit there is one teacher in her school who does close to f**k all, gets mediocre results but still gets the same pay and conditions as her colleagues and will continue until retirement in the same vein.

That's scandalous of your wife to say that.
Must be a PE teacher !!!!

imtommygunn

Same in any job. There are lazy feckers being paid a lot of money in plenty of jobs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 28, 2020, 06:58:16 PM
Same in any job. There are lazy feckers being paid a lot of money in plenty of jobs.

I wouldn't say Teachers get paid a lot of money