Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 07, 2020, 09:22:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2020, 06:04:55 PM
Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 06, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
Yeah i heard that was true. Shows you how bad Antrim Championship was at a time when you guys were trying to peak for December.

Id say St.Galls may have started training after the last county final aswell ..... only this time in preperation for 2020 chsip.

;)

I'd say if Cargin used same tactic they might beat the Fermanagh champs, get past the first round  ;D

I would say YOU are right. Either that or they just havent the stones to win in ulster.

Or maybe it was the replay followed by the 20 additional minutes given injury time the week before at Corrigan. Apparently McCavanna was for throwing the leg over the fence as he done at the Dub to call an end to the game.

Happy for the extra minutes in The first game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Massive congrats to Davitts today on the official Opening of their new place - they really had to be patient and thoroughly deserve their high quality new home

bannside

100%. A club with a big heart, been playing both codes for years and kept the game going in a "tight" area during the tough days of the troubles. They can now look forward to being the hub of their large community and hopefully drive onwards and upwards to the top divisions in the not too distant future.

Saffrongael

Looks like an excellent setup and apparently numbers very good underage
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on February 08, 2020, 04:36:48 PM
100%. A club with a big heart, been playing both codes for years and kept the game going in a "tight" area during the tough days of the troubles. They can now look forward to being the hub of their large community and hopefully drive onwards and upwards to the top divisions in the not too distant future.
yeah McDermotts , Dwyers and clonard have all stopped fielding teams in the lower falls with no facilities a major issue. The Davitts have kept the GAA flag and deserve what they got

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 08, 2020, 05:10:31 PM
yeah McDermotts , Dwyers and clonard have all stopped fielding teams in the lower falls with no facilities a major issue. The Davitts have kept the GAA flag and deserve what they got

Beechmount would be viewed as mid Falls, an area which never had a club, well not in over 40 odd years that I can remember, St Paul's parish would have been the St Paul's club we have now but obviously they are based on Shaws rd. the demise of those clubs haven't really benefited Davitts I don't think as from what I can see it's all Davitts past present players looking after things, they've always been involved with the local primary's also.

The success of Davitts will be bringing through the numbers they have to senior.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2020, 05:41:58 PM

Beechmount would be viewed as mid Falls, an area which never had a club, well not in over 40 odd years that I can remember, St Paul's parish would have been the St Paul's club we have now but obviously they are based on Shaws rd. the demise of those clubs haven't really benefited Davitts I don't think as from what I can see it's all Davitts past present players looking after things, they've always been involved with the local primary's also.

The success of Davitts will be bringing through the numbers they have to senior.
sirely Davitts clubrooms is in lower whack MR2 ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 08, 2020, 06:38:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2020, 05:41:58 PM

sirely Davitts clubrooms is in lower whack MR2 ?
[/quote

The pub is  but the pitch is not, and stop calling me 'sirely'

bannside

Half time and we are 0-9 to 0 -1 ahead in Ruislip,  but facing into a huge wind in the second half. Fingers crossed for a big second half.

bannside

Come on lads we need another score. London four points on the bounce.

bannside

bannside

Job done. If we can beat Carlow in two weeks we are firmly back in the hunt. All to play for.

imtommygunn

Carlow beat by limerick? Whole thing quite open but Carlow still a must win! Good to get another win.

BrendanAntrim

Limerick are going to be tough to beat, especially away (think that is away?). But if we end the league with only one defeat we will go up. Head to head win over Wexford night come into play. Huge game coming up v Carlow at home. It appears they aren't the team they were two seasons ago, a repeat of performance against Wexford could see us home in Carlow game.

bannside

Next two are both at home. Carlow 2 weeks and Limerick in 3 weeks. Tomas Mc Cann not far away now and a good chance he will make a return in one of these matches. These are massive games hopefully home advantage can swing it.