Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on November 06, 2019, 11:04:16 PM
Maitlis annihilating Brokenshire on Newsnight... great to see!!!

She really did make him squirm. He had no answers at all.

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2019, 06:27:28 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2019, 08:51:01 PM
Sf I don't think you understand the no electorate. Economics not that big a concern.
At some point the UUP and Alliance will start taking Westminster seats off the DUP. The DUP
would need to be weakened for this to happen. We'll see what the voters think of the DUP's Brexit efforts shortly.

Yes we will.the "union" is the big spelling point of this election. Project fear and don't vote themmums already started. Just look at the Hanna comments.

ardtole

Rumours this morning of Ian Paisley Jr standing as an ind unionist in North Antrim. Speculation at present but no smoke without fire, definitely not a united camp at present

gallsman

Sf I don't think you understand the no electorate. Economics not that big a concern.
At some point the UUP and Alliance will start taking Westminster seats off the DUP. The DUP
would need to be weakened for this to happen. We'll see what the voters think of the DUP's Brexit efforts shortly.

The uup will do nothing.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2019, 08:43:10 AM

The uup will do nothing.
Their Brexit efforts have obviously been a bismal, they are continually looking to be like the Torys and they are too blinded to see the british government don't really give a shit about them bar when they are trying to buy their seats. Arlene and co. are money bandits

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2019, 08:43:10 AM

The uup will do nothing.

yeah. Only hope Alliance.

Dougal Maguire

Re North Down, if Greens and UUP step aside and Alliance put up Stephen Farray he could give DUP a good run for their money, otherwise it's great news for Paul Girvan because once Alex Easton gets elected he'll then take the title of the dimmest MP in Westminster
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Re Upper Bann:I'd be shocked if Carla Lockhart does win the DUP nomination. She's hard working and popular in the area. I assume UUP will run Doug Beattie
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 07, 2019, 09:43:35 AM
Re North Down, if Greens and UUP step aside and Alliance put up Stephen Farray he could give DUP a good run for their money, otherwise it's great news for Paul Girvan because once Alex Easton gets elected he'll then take the title of the dimmest MP in Westminster

Dimmest DUP MP, nowadays some of the Conservatives would give them a run for their money on that front.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 07, 2019, 09:46:32 AM
Re Upper Bann:I'd be shocked if Carla Lockhart does win the DUP nomination. She's hard working and popular in the area. I assume UUP will run Doug Beattie

Has she not been on maternity leave fairly recently? She might not be interested, as a result.

lurganblue

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 07, 2019, 09:46:32 AM

Aye hard working getting her family members onto the RHI scheme. Popular in some areas of upper bann no doubt.

screenexile

Sounds like Mike TV and Stephen Farry. . . they'd be better off doing a Remain Alliance there in North Down because if Alliance and UUP both stand the DUP walk it.

Paisley Jnr could be a very interesting one are they bucking him out??

Very damaging last few hours for Corbyn with Watson resigning and Austin absolutely destroying Corbyn on Radio 4 this morning. It's going to be a long battle ahead with peaks and troughs for both Conservatives and Labour. Hopefully with the economic plans announced today they can start bringing a bit of positivity to their campaigns rather than shooting themselves in the foot!!

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on November 07, 2019, 09:47:52 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 07, 2019, 09:43:35 AM

Dimmest DUP MP, nowadays some of the Conservatives would give them a run for their money on that front.

If those two DUP lads are dimmer that Jim "expenses" Shannon then they're really in a bad way.

Rossfan

It doesn't matter as the Tribe will rally to the "fleg".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on November 07, 2019, 10:17:14 AM
Sounds like Mike TV and Stephen Farry. . . they'd be better off doing a Remain Alliance there in North Down because if Alliance and UUP both stand the DUP walk it.

Paisley Jnr could be a very interesting one are they bucking him out??

Very damaging last few hours for Corbyn with Watson resigning and Austin absolutely destroying Corbyn on Radio 4 this morning. It's going to be a long battle ahead with peaks and troughs for both Conservatives and Labour. Hopefully with the economic plans announced today they can start bringing a bit of positivity to their campaigns rather than shooting themselves in the foot!!

Strange one alright with Ian O'g.

He's crowd funding it seems under the leave.EU banner. Is that funded by Aaron Banks as well?

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/1192042168803827714