'GAA Athletes for a No Vote'

Started by Jinxy, April 21, 2018, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Is the GAA meddling in our democracy? They're worse than the Ruskies!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BennyCake

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2018, 09:52:59 PM
did the gaa not try  to ban tiarnan mc cann for 8 weeks for bringing the game into disrepute? what harte has done is much more serious in my opinion.

Yes, he got 8 weeks for looking like a ladyboy .

manfromdelmonte

southtyronegael

4 days on from harte and companys stunt in dublin and the tyrone county board have yet to even release a statement. prob just say silent and hope the whole thing blows over then sweep it under the carpet. even croke park staying very silent on the issure.

Jinxy

Tiernan McCann's hair is involved in the 'Yes' campaign.

sid waddell

Quote from: Jinxy on April 24, 2018, 11:32:50 PM
Tiernan McCann's hair is involved in the 'Yes' campaign.
Hopefully the Yes campaign gets a bounce rather than takes a dive after this revelation.

whitey

I love the selective outrage.

No one had their hair on fire when Enda and co staged an anti Brexit event in Ruislip a couple of years ago when Mayo were over playing.

Mickey shouldn't have done what he did, but talk about sanctioning him or suspending him is pure rubbish. 

ck

Mickey Harte is entitled to his views, which are basically right wing fundamentalist Catholic in origin. I don't like his views and I don't like that he uses his GAA profile to try go influence how women should live their lives in Ireland, but he's entitled to do what he wants. Same way women should be entitled to live as they choose and not be told what to do by an outdated law.

seafoid

Quote from: ck on April 25, 2018, 04:52:26 AM
Mickey Harte is entitled to his views, which are basically right wing fundamentalist Catholic in origin. I don't like his views and I don't like that he uses his GAA profile to try go influence how women should live their lives in Ireland, but he's entitled to do what he wants. Same way women should be entitled to live as they choose and not be told what to do by an outdated law.
My wife is fond of quoting Dr Phil of US TV fame who says "never miss an opportunity to shut up".
Mickey should take that on board imo.  He is entitled to his opinion but only between consenting adults. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyHarp

Quote from: whitey on April 25, 2018, 01:10:33 AM
I love the selective outrage.

No one had their hair on fire when Enda and co staged an anti Brexit event in Ruislip a couple of years ago when Mayo were over playing.

Mickey shouldn't have done what he did, but talk about sanctioning him or suspending him is pure rubbish.

Ah sure of course he shouldn't have done it but look at the number of posts the likes of southtyronegael and longballin have added to this thread - they are confirmed hissy fitters whenever any Harte issue arises. Whether we agree with Mickey or not, it's clearly an issue he feels very passionate about and is prepared to use any advantage he can to get his point across, including bending the rules of the GAA if required. A risk he was prepared to take for his beliefs. It was an ill advised thing to do and doesn't sit well with me but the over reaction from the hand wringers is as usual a little bit extreme and no doubt Mickey is delighted with the publicity these guys are giving his cause.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

Yeah while i don't agree with him here are one or two, tyrone people at that, with ridiculous vendettas against him on here. It has ruined some of those tyrone threads.

Jinxy

Mickey Harte: Co Cavan GAA club complains about pro-life video filmed at its ground

'A GAA club in Co Cavan has complained to the Tyrone board after it claimed the county's manager Mickey Harte filmed a pro-life video at its ground without permission.

Mr Harte is a prominent member of Gaelic Athletes for Life - a group which is campaigning for a 'No' vote in next month's abortion referendum in the Republic.

Cootehill Celtic said the pro-life video, part of a separate LoveBoth campaign, was filmed at its ground without its knowledge or consent.'

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/04/25/news/mickey-harte-co-cavan-gaa-club-complains-about-pro-life-video-filmed-at-its-ground-1313296/

Did Mickey just wander in off the road?
Surely somebody from the club knew he was there.

southtyronegael

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 25, 2018, 07:34:30 AM
Yeah while i don't agree with him here are one or two, tyrone people at that, with ridiculous vendettas against him on here. It has ruined some of those tyrone threads.
for too long mickey Harte has been able to do and say as he pleases without ever been challenged, and the same people defend him and back him to the hilt even when they know he is wrong. Myself and a few other posters are try to offer some critical analysis to balance things. Only fair.

southtyronegael

And also I think mickeys stunts have been a huge own goal for the no campaign. It has really revved up the yes side and alot of undecided voters will prob want disassociate themselves from religious fundamentalism and vote yes.