Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 29, 2018, 10:02:59 PM
Any team announced?
are you serious? The first you'll know about the team is 5 minutes before throw in, as is the Down way. Announce the team a couple of days before hand like other counties do and give the supporters something to talk about or something maybe to look forward to seeing.
This along with the refusal of the management to give any interviews after last weeks game I think shows a complete disregard for the supporters.

nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

The PR of our county team is absolutely terrible.Big games up talk crap sell it to the public do whatever needs to be done to get people talking and supporters out to the games.Name the team in the Thursday night gives people on sites offices schools something to talk about.That is all it takes.The crowds in newry this year have been poor could we be looking at the poorest crowd in 10/12 years on Saturday?

downjim

snoopdog

Maybe that's what they need to give them a kick up the arse. Hit them in the pocket, low gate. With all the guys that walkout on the squad they prob don't know the team until 5 mins b4 throw in. Do they not get fined for not naming the team on a Thursday night or is that just during championship?

Smurfy123

Well I would say it's part of the PRO job to PR what's happening in the county.Our social media accounts are possibly the worst in Ireland and that's not exaggeration.
In terms of naming the team it just puts a sour taste in supporting fans mouth that you are going to a game not known what the starting team is.Why not name it on a Thursday and give the supporters something positive to talk about.Cavan and Roscommon have already released a team for the division 2 final.

downjim

There are plenty of young administrators in every club that could move up the ranks. The only problem is that there are too many of the old guard still there. There is a man sitting on the county board that was part of the team who said 12 million was not enough for Newcastle and then bought that field at Burrenbridge. That's crazy.

Dubh driocht

So the Tipp game is on Saturday at 3pm. Will be interesting to see what team is lined out- and what crowd will turn up.

Smurfy123

Liam Kearns makes 7 changes from last weeks defeat to Cavan for the trip to Newry tomorrow.The Tipperary team will also travel up the day of the game.
Surely this is Downs game now to lose

Targetman

I don't think you'll have any bother getting one of the grey seats tomorrow, I'd like to see a full strength Tipp side playing us tomorrow but if he's made 7 changes its gonna be a weaker team but lets see if Down can put in an improved performance from last week when really it was poor, Down team to be named after the roll call just in case of any more defections!!

Smurfy123

Lads all joking aside it has not been mentioned once on any of Downs official social media sites that Down plsy Tipperary tomorrow.Why can't someone take control of this?
Most other counties in Ireland kill social media in the lead up to games.It really shouldn't be that hard to do
Still no team named

snoopdog

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 30, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
Lads all joking aside it has not been mentioned once on any of Downs official social media sites that Down plsy Tipperary tomorrow.Why can't someone take control of this?
Most other counties in Ireland kill social media in the lead up to games.It really shouldn't be that hard to do
Still no team named
Total incompetence.  A child could easily do all that. It shows how unprofessional a set up the Down county board are. We prob deserve to be in divison 3. I won't be wasting the petrol money from Dublin today.  Louth have no hope of getting anything against Meath. Every year it's been the same old from Down over last 20 odd years. Happy Easter all. Maybe the championship can bring better days. We live in hope.

OgraAnDun

SHEEDY

So it's division 3 here we come. Attitude changes and personnel changes needed from all including the county board, management and players to make sure we come straight back up and dont do a derry and end up in division 4.
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Agree 100% Sheedy.Changes needed at every level.Committee Management and Players need to take responsibility for this absolute collapse since Jim McCorry got the sack.He got them promoted and got a vote of no confidence from the big dogs now our next manger gets us 2 relegations in 3 years and not a word of change.Time for someone to come out and speak to the supporters and tell us what the hell is going on with all these walkouts.Time for heads to roll.Sick

Targetman

Can't disagree with any of that, if the attendances at this years games were poor wait till next season and the words poorly attended will will be used quite frequently, on today's game it was an improvement on last week but I suppose that's not saying a lot, one more complaint, why can't whoever is announcing the subs name the feckin players, Down's last sub "no 23 is replacing no 5" we can see that but who is no 23, agh I give up!!