Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Im not from antrim but I work with a few boys from st Teresa's and saw a clip in the work whatsapp group.This the type of behaviour you expect from loyalists. Name and shame those in it. If St. John's had any ounce of decency they'd ban the culprits and publicly distance themselves from it. Utter scumbags

north aontroim gael

Was sent this clip earlier. Embarrassed for those involved, we've all done stupid things with drink in but this is indefensible. Scumbags.

JimStynes

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 16, 2017, 09:52:03 PM
Was sent this clip earlier. Embarrassed for those involved, we've all done stupid things with drink in but this is indefensible. Scumbags.

Phones are a dangerous thing to have when the drink is in but there is no excuse for that at all. What sort of craic is that to be having ffs. Lifetime bans! Would hope that it was just sc**bag supporters rather than the players or club officials.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: JimStynes on October 16, 2017, 09:55:20 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 16, 2017, 09:52:03 PM

Phones are a dangerous thing to have when the drink is in but there is no excuse for that at all. What sort of craic is that to be having ffs. Lifetime bans! Would hope that it was just sc**bag supporters rather than the players or club officials.

I wouldn't be familiar enough with St Johns clubmen to pick the individuals out but I'm sure those within club circles would know the guilty parties.

TheImpactCode

Who won the Antrim U21 football championship or has it been finished up yet?

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

JimStynes

Any word on whats happening with this money from Croke Park?

Clover

Just seen that video totally disgusting the question now is what are St. John's and the county board going to do about it at least 7 senior footballers involved

JimStynes

Was speaking to a St. John's man about it a couple of days ago and he's completely gutted about it all. It would be wrong to blame the whole club but they would need to take some sort of action about it.

Belfast GAA man

This is a county matter if you consider that clips on Social Media/Wats App etc are the modern day equivalent of the back page of the Irish News

St Johns don't seem to have taken any quick decisive action on it unless I haven't heard .............

imtommygunn

While down did get to an ulster final last year i still think it's not a bad draw for us. Big ask but so is any ulster tie. I would fancy getting down as much as anyone.

Gold

Agreed. Decent draw alright
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bit of banter

While st johns as a club cant be held to blame over the video how they handle the situation that their players and members created will say alot about them as a club. Lets not pass judgement on the club until they pass judgement on the guilty party.

country bumpkin

When was the last time we got a home draw in Ulster... :'(

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 20, 2017, 01:59:16 PM
When was the last time we got a home draw in Ulster... :'(

2010 v Tyrone?