Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Humbled by a very solid Slaughtneil team. Just didn't have the tools to offer any threat to them. Better strength and movement from start to finish put us on the back foot for pretty much the whole game.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on October 08, 2017, 08:40:16 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 08, 2017, 04:04:42 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 25, 2017, 04:26:23 AM
Hirty Darry anyone that knows anything about hurling knows that cushendall will win.. You nobody

Scoreline flattered cushendall was at least a 10 point game they were brutal could not deal with the pace we played at second half. See them pups they didn't just bark they bit too and that the start of the domination for the next 10 years

And you can believe that
few more academy sessions needed before world domination kicks off?? :o

Hard to hide it SG  ;)

Welcome back
nothing hard to hide at all.  had my neighbors got out of ulster id have supported them like i do all ulster teams.   simply a small poke at the lad above who had the next 10 years wrapped up. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Better team won no question
We struggled in every position. Physically overwhelmed and not allowed to hurl
Need to learn how to play under more pressure
Still been a good year
Jaysus that's a terrible place to get at
Arrived in Dungiven 40 minutes before throw in and missed the first ten minutes
Traffic queues, no parking, and pitch made ballycastle surface look like a putting green
Not a big fan of owenbeg
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 08, 2017, 11:38:07 PM
Hirty Darry anyone that knows anything about hurling knows that cushendall will win.. You nobody

Scoreline flattered cushendall was at least a 10 point game they were brutal could not deal with the pace we played at second half. See them pups they didn't just bark they bit too and that the start of the domination for the next 10 years

And you can believe that

Hard to hide it SG  ;)

Welcome back
nothing hard to hide at all.  had my neighbors got out of ulster id have supported them like i do all ulster teams.   simply a small poke at the lad above who had the next 10 years wrapped up.

Agree he was asking for it but you only show up for the pis.ing contest
classy as ever

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 08, 2017, 11:43:12 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 08, 2017, 11:38:07 PM

And you can believe that

Hard to hide it SG  ;)

Welcome back

Agree he was asking for it but you only show up for the pis.ing contest
classy as ever
. ahh will you f**king stop!!!

Sleeping giant

hard luck dunloy.was a big ask for a very young team.   it was a bit of bloody banter.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 08, 2017, 11:55:43 PM
hard luck dunloy.was a big ask for a very young team.   it was a bit of bloody banter.

Fair enough

theskull1

I wise google search will tell anyone that a mistake which makes you humble is better than an achievement that makes you arrogant

We've had a good year all in all but we've a bit of climbing to do to really mix it with seasoned teams in their absolute prime with that aura about them. We came up against that today and simply weren't good enough for them. Tomorrows a different day and hopefully we'll have tussles in the years to come.

Milltown Row2

2 Derry teams putting out Antrim teams! Fair play to whatever they are doing in Derry club hurling but we need to look at why we arent competing with them.. Its a non contest at county level but those results 2 years running doesnt make good reading..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

faughs

agree - and according to Michael McShane, SN team had a younger average age than Dunloy yesterday !

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2017, 09:12:34 AM
2 Derry teams putting out Antrim teams! Fair play to whatever they are doing in Derry club hurling but we need to look at why we arent competing with them.. Its a non contest at county level but those results 2 years running doesnt make good reading..

NAG1

SN are just in one of those periods for the club that they have a great bunch all together, looking at the under age results they are not bringing much through so they may have to make hay.

Lavey are a senior team and expected them to win this one.

We can learn from them in terms of the way the approach these games and the physicality they bring, but I wouldnt be panicking just yet.

Ps must be galling for Ballycastle to watch two of their own club men involved yesterday with them pretty much in crisis mode.

johnneycool

Quote from: faughs on October 09, 2017, 09:33:43 AM
agree - and according to Michael McShane, SN team had a younger average age than Dunloy yesterday !

It's all relevant as you can have young lads out on the periphery with a seasoned core and that's fine. It's different when the core of the team is taking its baby steps at senior championship hurling.

We learned nothing yesterday against Lisbellaw and emptied the bench very early on. Our point taking from distance has improved and we'd a better shape to us than we had in the last two games against Portaferry on a very tight pitch.

We need space and a dry sod and we'll get neither in two weeks time in Armagh I'd presume.
Nothing to lose, go out and give it a lash would be my mantra to our lads.

saffron123

Just because Dunloy lost yesterday doesnt mean they wont dominate Antrim for the next 10 years. from what i seen they hammered Cushendall who only just got over the line against Loughgiel and bar them two teams there isnt much else...

theskull1

Doesn't mean we will either.

Na Glinntí Glasa

disappointing  yday but more so that we didn't play at all. Sneill didn't allow them to hurl whatsoever and you have to give them credit for that. in terms of Sneill as team i think they are an experienced well worn side who have been playing ulster for the past 5 years. they have been constantly training for the whole time competing and winning so as a squad they are well gelled together.

Our lads before this year didnt win a cship game worth noting for 3 years prior to this season so everything that has been achieved has been a great bonus.

we will take a well earned break continue to build the team

hurl like f**k boi!