Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Cushendall aren't that old to be honest and we're a sniff away from beating Dunloy in the minor this year... they are too good to not be back, not that long playing at Croke park also..,

I just thought heavy pitch and weather Cushendall would just get over the line, was only a matter of time that Dunloy would come good, Loughgiel will be getting ready for next year and try and put some manners on their noisy neighbours!!

Already looking forward to next year!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

faughs

Any ideas on attendance?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2017, 08:24:54 PM
Cushendall aren't that old to be honest and we're a sniff away from beating Dunloy in the minor this year... they are too good to not be back, not that long playing at Croke park also..,

I just thought heavy pitch and weather Cushendall would just get over the line, was only a matter of time that Dunloy would come good, Loughgiel will be getting ready for next year and try and put some manners on their noisy neighbours!!

Already looking forward to next year!

Yeah i wonder will watson be back too. Loughgiel more mobile so might be a different match up than today. Would like to see them meet at some stage!

Be interesting to see what happens with slaughtneil now.

hurlingstick

Quote from: faughs on September 24, 2017, 08:25:43 PM
Any ideas on attendance?

Was chatting about this today and we guessed (probably poorly) 6-7 thousand......anything different??

Milltown Row2

Think S'Niel will go in as favs should they meet, purely based on last years performance, but that would suit Dunloy... who came outta Down? B'Get and the Ports were playing today I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Ballygalget won .....Dunloy will beat Slaughtneil

faughs

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 24, 2017, 08:32:46 PM
Quote from: faughs on September 24, 2017, 08:25:43 PM
Any ideas on attendance?

Was chatting about this today and we guessed (probably poorly) 6-7 thousand......anything different??

We reckoned 3/4

Milltown Row2

Don't believe it! Would have more at Corrigan .......

imtommygunn

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 24, 2017, 08:40:34 PM

Will depend on how they handle slaughtneil's physicality. Anyway that is for another day.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 24, 2017, 09:24:37 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on September 24, 2017, 08:40:34 PM

Will depend on how they handle slaughtneil's physicality. Anyway that is for another day.

We struggle on heavy pitches' and today was no different. Portaferry can consider themselves unlucky as Dule missed four frees he's never missed the likes of before.
Ballycran's tight pitch doesn't suit a lot of our lad's and I can't see us prevailing as the year goes on.
Dunloy schooled us twice in the league whereas we gave the dall and loughgeil at game.
Slaughtneil will be no easy quest in the middle of October

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Hirty Darry anyone that knows anything about hurling knows that cushendall will win.. You nobody

Scoreline flattered cushendall was at least a 10 point game they were brutal could not deal with the pace we played at second half. See them pups they didn't just bark they bit too and that the start of the domination for the next 10 years

And you can believe that

Jesusjones

Congratulations to Dunloy. The best team won on the day.

north aontroim gael

I thought Dunloy would win but I didn't think they'd win so comprehensively.

They've been building all year and peaked at the right time. Fair play to them.

They'll beat Slaughtneil / Ballygalget and a good sod in Croke Park would be the perfect surface for them. There's an All Ireland in that team in years to come. 

Last Man

Was very impressed with Dunloy yesterday who looked much better prepared for the event. All talk of the young boys not being ready for it answered with some grit and style.  Cushendall it looked,strangely lacking belief in themselves. One positive for the Ruairis was the performance of young Fergus McCambridge who didn't shrink an inch.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 25, 2017, 04:26:23 AM
Hirty Darry anyone that knows anything about hurling knows that cushendall will win.. You nobody

Scoreline flattered cushendall was at least a 10 point game they were brutal could not deal with the pace we played at second half. See them pups they didn't just bark they bit too and that the start of the domination for the next 10 years

And you can believe that
congratulations dunloy.   but plz don't get ahead of yourself  ::)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.