Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakingball

2019 season starts sunday against wicklow in kehoe cup in national centre of excellence in Dublin. Hope its a good one!

ciaran1988

Any panel named yet or anyone know any new names in the Kehoe Cup squad

Hand up

Things dont sound great on the County team front. Ten players reined the first night and 14 last night, and we play our first competitive match v Wicklow in Sunday. There seems to be no interest in the team. I have to say I'm at a loss to offer a solution!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Jesus id hardly blame people for not wanting to be out training 2 weeks before Christmas for what is basically a friendly game.

the enthusiasm would be at a very low level for something like this.
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 13, 2018, 09:07:10 AM
Jesus id hardly blame people for not wanting to be out training 2 weeks before Christmas for what is basically a friendly game.

the enthusiasm would be at a very low level for something like this.
I agree totally, there's little need for it.  If anything I'd pull together a panel from the universities who at least are doing a bit at this time of the year.
There has been a mention of some of the panelists not wanting to play for some of the management team ::), it's helpful that they have declared early I suppose.

Hand up

I never heard about gripes with the management, very surprised if that is the case. Which Club is involved. I did hear the Johnnies lads weren't going.
The other thing is whether we fancy the friendly against Wicklow or not we need to prepare for the league which begins in Janurary!!

Milltown Row2

Cushendall should go and use it as a training game prep for their All Ireland campaign
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CornerBackNo2

Any word of the team for Sunday?

CitySlicker11

Can't disagree with MR2 that Cushendall should play this game as preparation for upcoming All Ireland semi final.

As I see it

Chat is the age grades are changing to u13/15/17/19 next year , apparently passed at county meeting!! Any thoughts??

Megaman

Quote from: farset on December 15, 2018, 05:54:30 PM
It's good. It raises the age in which kids play competitively from 12 to 13. Less pressure. More fun.

I take it you don't coach any U10's or 12's or been to any of the blitzes or tournaments.?

This age change will make zero difference.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on December 16, 2018, 10:43:26 AM
Quote from: farset on December 15, 2018, 05:54:30 PM
It's good. It raises the age in which kids play competitively from 12 to 13. Less pressure. More fun.

I take it you don't coach any U10's or 12's or been to any of the blitzes or tournaments.?

This age change will make zero difference.
A lot of that is down to the coaches! I've managed plenty of those and some coaches need a boot up the hole! And I've ref'd Plenty and been embarrassed by some parents and coaches with their attitude
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

Is there anything you haven't done ffs ::)

I know it is somewhat down to parents / coaches but if you think U10's aren't competitive in their own right your very mistaken.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on December 16, 2018, 12:12:40 PM
Is there anything you haven't done ffs ::)

I know it is somewhat down to parents / coaches but if you think U10's aren't competitive in their own right your very mistaken.

Under 16 or minor! Difficult years to take, but pretty much all the other teams though !  ;)

saffron89

Some strange faces on the antrim hurling panel yesterday
Hard to gett boys out at this time of year but still thought we'd have more
Hard to get boys though when continually Antrim management has taken boys
In who haven't trained with panel about march and April time
Hopefully CDall will provide about 7/8 after all Ireland run