Author Topic: Antrim, the way forward  (Read 47275 times)

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
Re: Antrim, the way forward
« Reply #450 on: December 05, 2017, 10:10:50 AM »
i never really spoke about the debate here as it was a club man of our own but personally speaking i believe it was the wrong time for any challenge. The current executive has only just got in and has had to basically deal with a list of previous disasters and no money. they have only started to get on their feet thanks to the help of a lot of people and fingers crossed they will keep this going.

heres hoping for 2018 to be a positive one both on and off the park for Antrim

I think we can all agree with that, even Country Bumpkin......

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 05, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »
Result never in doubt. Saffron Vision returned by large majorities and starting to look very impressive. I spoke to a few convention "veterans" who agreed the outlook is very positive.

Pol Mc Canna stole the show though. His financial report was the main talking point. One man we simply cannot do without!

Tony Chivers coming out with a lot of credit too for the Saffron Business Forum which has its sights set on Dublin first, and then USA.

Upwards and Onwards and Aontroim Abu.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:55:13 AM by bannside »

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 05, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »
theres been a lot of people in the background so to speak who have been pushing hard to make it work and without them we would be in the mire that we were before. The Saffron Business form is vital to our county and getting these people involved has been a massive positive for everyone.

I dont doubt mistakes were made, no set ups ever perfect, but its learning from them and moving on is what shapes you.
hurl like f**k boi!

Galer

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 05, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »
Did p gallachers motion pass?

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 05, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »
Did p gallachers motion pass?

Donít think it was classed as a motion.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 05, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »
It was a recommendation and was referred to first CCC meeting. Paddy presented exceptionally well but received mixed response. Hopefully a couple or 3 matches can be trialled on Friday nights.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »
Friday night games are a superb idea but SW un12/14 and minor hurling is on a Friday night so work will be needed.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 05, 2017, 07:02:16 PM »
that will be a problem for games on a friday. the minor hurling games are fixed on a friday night as well. its a nice idea to try it out all the same
hurl like f**k boi!

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »
that will be a problem for games on a friday. the minor hurling games are fixed on a friday night as well. its a nice idea to try it out all the same

I think the recommendation was for 3/4 Friday nights in a year. Iím sure this can be accommodated over the course of the year. The Friday fixtures could possibly swap with the Sunday football on them particular weeks.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Galer

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 05, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »
For the players and supporters it is great even a sat evening would let players have a bit of a social life.