China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

So most Covid Conspiracy theories pretty much all have their roots in the fact that people don't like being inconvienced in anyway for any length of time?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 23, 2020, 05:52:02 PM
Armagh the cases are going up but ICU has not changed one bit still at an all time low
Hospital admissions very low also
Belgium will now only count people who are admitted to hospital as a case and rightly so
Imagine firing out daily numbers for a common flu
Imagine the numbers we were only seeing were admissions to hospital
Think about it
Have you not seen the bit about the majority of current cases being in the 20-40 bracket hence the high numbers and low hospitalizations. It's not rocket science to presume that these same younger folk will spread it to the vulnerable categories and then you'll get your fill of deaths and ICU cases.

imtommygunn

So do Belgium not isolate them as they don't count when not in hospital?? They still have fairly stringent measures in place. I had a wee read and they're not allowed to travel to the uk lol.

Armagh Girl

Not Surprised that figures in Newry/Armagh are going up.  Came home (outside Newry) from work about an hour ago, to see 4 Students coming out of house next door, going to 4 different cars, then another 4 (who got out of separate 4 cars) following them into same house for Tutoring.  Obviously this Teacher who teaches in the Keady area does not care 1 iota for the children he is tutoring at home or for the others who he is teaching on a daily basis, and obviously the parents care even less!!   

sid waddell

Fairly damning article on prominent herd immunity proponents in the UK here, seems there's a concerted move from big business on to promote pseudoscience at the expense of real science as has happened with climate crisis deniers being promoted

SCAMADEMICS?
Right-Wing Lobbying Groups Reviving 'Herd Immunity' in the UK
Nafeez Ahmed
23 September 2020

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/09/23/scamademics-right-wing-lobbying-groups-reviving-herd-immunity-in-the-uk/

seafoid

Countries that are on top of testing are doing well.
The UK is a clusterfuck. Ireland could do a lot better.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

I do find a bit of irony in the uk making people self isolate coming from certain countries when the record is better than the uks. (Though to be honest this thing has differing peaks and troughs from country to country and it is hard to know where anyone is at on that curve).

To be honest the more time goes on the more it becomes clear that no one is on top of this. Still too many gaps in understanding.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 23, 2020, 09:58:28 PM
I do find a bit of irony in the uk making people self isolate coming from certain countries when the record is better than the uks. (Though to be honest this thing has differing peaks and troughs from country to country and it is hard to know where anyone is at on that curve).

To be honest the more time goes on the more it becomes clear that no one is on top of this. Still too many gaps in understanding.

The total number of cases in a day in China would fit on a bus and could probably remain socially distanced. They took it seriously and sorted it so now they don't need most of the measures.
https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0923/1166979-coronavirus-china/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Philip Boucher Hayes did a nice job on Johan Giesecke earlier on Drivetime

Giesecke all but admitted the Swedish strategy wouldn't work in Ireland

quit yo jibbajabba

Did Raab go on Sky yesterday and say 93% of the tests were giving false positives and if so why arent the media all over this.

Im confused. And i think so are the policymakers..

imtommygunn

It is hard to get detail on that without full conspiracy theory...

i read a bit on it in the huffington post and it appears that there are a huge number of variables to it so it is very hard to put a hard and fast number on it.

This comment strikes me:
Additionally, if false positives were causing the spike in numbers, it would be uniform across the UK and it isn't.]Additionally, if false positives were causing the spike in numbers, it would be uniform across the UK and it isn't.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/false-positives-coronavirus_uk_5f686da4c5b6de79b677e909?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAI2D3IG3_S0ZlHdWexuWLnWh61EOi3_9BGIE_v4cWm6KLYUXO4JOXPpDP62KGfPbKaERcuzS9rzMe1bVPSIdyfdLhiwGlAiI1yk0aHBecTTlJd1SRB0OqER4EUi_9wGcZAMu3VULcbrP_7rFbb9RWHZ4rz8pYjyta0fdmE_4KXh

Disclaimer there is some shite in that article too and some of the people's tweets who are highlighted are muppets however maybe that's a good thing to provide some balance to the argument.

armaghniac

The number of false positives are likely proportional to the number of real cases.
This is all a distraction.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

I don't think there is too much in it either but it isn't helped by that plonker Hancock talking about it. If he talks about anything it most likely is inaccurate :o

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 24, 2020, 09:25:16 AM
It is hard to get detail on that without full conspiracy theory...

i read a bit on it in the huffington post and it appears that there are a huge number of variables to it so it is very hard to put a hard and fast number on it.

This comment strikes me:
Additionally, if false positives were causing the spike in numbers, it would be uniform across the UK and it isn't.]Additionally, if false positives were causing the spike in numbers, it would be uniform across the UK and it isn't.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/false-positives-coronavirus_uk_5f686da4c5b6de79b677e909?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAI2D3IG3_S0ZlHdWexuWLnWh61EOi3_9BGIE_v4cWm6KLYUXO4JOXPpDP62KGfPbKaERcuzS9rzMe1bVPSIdyfdLhiwGlAiI1yk0aHBecTTlJd1SRB0OqER4EUi_9wGcZAMu3VULcbrP_7rFbb9RWHZ4rz8pYjyta0fdmE_4KXh

Disclaimer there is some shite in that article too and some of the people's tweets who are highlighted are muppets however maybe that's a good thing to provide some balance to the argument.

Scientific literacy has never been very evident in politician in this part of the world, even during the best of times, and that no doubt plays a part in the confusion.

However, there is an unmistakingly obvious ploy to muddy with waters with this sort of stuff. Far too much undue prominence has been given to the thoughts of some conceited egotist and attention seekers.

Sikora, Heneghan, Gupta - credentialled cranks, who shamelessly blather on despite having been discredited time after time after time. Yet they're are still platformed. Legions across the internet still parrot their tweets. Politicians still slyly allude to their contrariant musings.

It all adds up to a give the impression that the science is much more uncertain than is actually the case. Who benefits from this? Who has crafted their convenient scapegoat when the questions get a little too difficult?

The scamdemic wing-nuts might be right about the reality of manipulation, just not the direction of it.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Godsown

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 24, 2020, 09:11:35 AM
Did Raab go on Sky yesterday and say 93% of the tests were giving false positives and if so why arent the media all over this.

Im confused. And i think so are the policymakers..

In all honesty you couldn't take that man seriously. He either doesn't know but wouldn't admit it or just lies