Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

longballin

So Tony deleted that message. No apology or any acknowledgement of wrongdoing, must have got scared of getting in bother. Sound familiar? 

quit yo jibbajabba

;D ;D ;D

such a shame that others have quoted him in their comments  ;D ;D ;D

longballin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 02, 2018, 10:18:20 AM
;D ;D ;D

such a shame that others have quoted him in their comments  ;D ;D ;D

Maybe that's why they quoted him

Newbridge Exile

Why did you delete your message Fearon?

brokencrossbar1

Why have you deleted your message Tony?  Have some conviction in what you believe in?  Surely that's the bedrock of religion,  having steadfast belief in your faith, no matter what challenges are raised against them?  Or are you just a coward like Brady was and McAreavey was and all the other child abuse apologists that you have faith in?? 

give her dixie

I reported Tony's message to the Mods and asked them to not only delete the message, but to ban him from the GAA Board. There should be no room on here for apologists of child abuse. He is a very sick individual and it's long past time that he was banned.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

longballin

Quote from: give her dixie on March 02, 2018, 11:52:20 AM
I reported Tony's message to the Mods and asked them to not only delete the message, but to ban him from the GAA Board. There should be no room on here for apologists of child abuse. He is a very sick individual and it's long past time that he was banned.

I'm loathe to report anyone but so did I. He also suggested a victim was complicit in the abuse. That was way beyond the pale.

give her dixie

Quote from: longballin on March 02, 2018, 11:54:52 AM

I'm loathe to report anyone but so did I. He also suggested a victim was complicit in the abuse. That was way beyond the pale.

Good stuff. I'm sure others reported it as well given how low he stooped once again.

Lets hope he is banned as well.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

imtommygunn

Orior

That is fine, and I agree. I agree. But to play devil's advocate, what's your opinion on free speech?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on March 02, 2018, 02:26:38 PM

That is fine, and I agree. I agree. But to play devil's advocate, what's your opinion on free speech?

Grand, free speech meaning I can call you whatever I want and expect to get away with, that type of free speech?

Interesting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2018, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 02, 2018, 02:26:38 PM

Grand, free speech meaning I can call you whatever I want and expect to get away with, that type of free speech?

Interesting

There is no such thing as 'free speech ', maybe in the states but we are clearly governed by libel and slander laws here that protect against abuse of free speech. What was written by Fearon was verging in libellous as it wouldn't take a great leap to suggest that he believed that the victim
Was complicit as he got older. That was downright horrid and is symptomatic of a very sick mind.

Shamrock Shore

Anytime I read court cases here of abuse, esp in family situations, the abuse starts young and can go on till the victim is in his/her early 20s. Never once has a defence barrister said "ah shur, the alleged victim must be part of it as well so there is blame on both sides".

There is only one (or two) guilty parties in all these cases. And that is the perpetrator and his facilitators.

Not the victim and not the victim's family.

theskull1

Personally I support the argument that if you're in pursuit of the truth, you have to risk being offensive. Tony's not trying to learn anything from the opinions of others here. He's only interested in pushing his dogma and protecting what he cherishes. The naughty step won't teach him much, but it has to be done every now and then
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

longballin

Quote from: theskull1 on March 02, 2018, 03:31:19 PM
Personally I support the argument that if you're in pursuit of the truth, you have to risk being offensive. Tony's not trying to learn anything from the opinions of others here. He's only interested in pushing his dogma and protecting what he cherishes. The naughty step won't teach him much, but it has to be done every now and then

Bit worse than the naughty step. The victim he referred to was identifiable... the court house steps be more appropriate