GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: five points on October 19, 2020, 10:13:46 AM
Quote from: AhFeckRef on October 19, 2020, 09:36:38 AM
Wondering how the other elete teams who travelled north last weekend worked around this scenario :

QuoteThe Leitrim chairman also revealed that some members of the team were unable to travel as they were told by their employers that they would have to quarantine for 14 days if they crossed the border: "There were some others told by their work that if they had played in Newry, they would have to stay away from work for two weeks. That's awful to put young fellows under pressure to that extent but that happened and that was disappointing."

https://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/gaelic-games/582092/leitrim-gaa-county-board-chairman-defends-decision-to-concede-down-game.html

Someone's obviously telling a porky pie.
Leitrim hurlers played a game yesterday
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 12:12:29 PM
Quote from: AhFeckRef on October 19, 2020, 09:36:38 AM
Wondering how the other elete teams who travelled north last weekend worked around this scenario :

QuoteThe Leitrim chairman also revealed that some members of the team were unable to travel as they were told by their employers that they would have to quarantine for 14 days if they crossed the border: "There were some others told by their work that if they had played in Newry, they would have to stay away from work for two weeks. That's awful to put young fellows under pressure to that extent but that happened and that was disappointing."

https://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/gaelic-games/582092/leitrim-gaa-county-board-chairman-defends-decision-to-concede-down-game.html

I don't believe that at all. What line of work would do that?

Why wouldn't it happen? If you are working in an office with several others they or the manager could easily have a problem with it for example

Lazer

Because they would have to pay them..

You can't tell someone who isn't required or even requested to self isolate by government legislation not to come into work and not pay them!

I wonder if it just because the game was over the border or because they were playing a game and therefore in contact with 30+ people?? We will see what will happen with next weeks game,

Cases in Newry, Mourne and Down are hovering around 300 per 100k, plenty of Parts of the South have just as many cases despite lower testing figures.

The Down manager has said they would played the fixture elsewhere if they had been asked.

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

five points

Quote from: Lazer on October 19, 2020, 02:02:52 PM

You can't tell someone who isn't required or even requested to self isolate by government legislation not to come into work and not pay them!

I wonder if it just because the game was over the border or because they were playing a game and therefore in contact with 30+ people?? We will see what will happen with next weeks game,

Cases in Newry, Mourne and Down are hovering around 300 per 100k, plenty of Parts of the South have just as many cases despite lower testing figures.

The Down manager has said they would played the fixture elsewhere if they had been asked.

Precisely. The rate in Cavan was about 600 per 100k at one stage last week. Lots of Leitrim people work in Cavan including in our hospital, and vice versa. Their Chairman is either deluded or lying.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

dublin7

Quote from: Lazer on October 19, 2020, 02:02:52 PM

People are supposed to be socially distancing. All the boss has to do is offer a choice if you play you can't come into work for 2 weeks. I doubt any court is going to prosecute anyone for that

ardtole

The interview from Bevan Duffy (louth captain) on lmfm, regarding the lack of testing of inter County squads is a real eye opener. Shocking actually.

armaghniac

Quote from: ardtole on October 19, 2020, 03:25:22 PM
The interview from Bevan Duffy (louth captain) on lmfm, regarding the lack of testing of inter County squads is a real eye opener. Shocking actually.

The GAA has an odd anti testing slant, whether this is to reduce cost or because of a fear of what testing would reveal, I am not sure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

And I see Toma OSe has come back at him  :-X

Blowitupref

Quote from: armaghniac on October 19, 2020, 04:01:59 PM

The GAA has an odd anti testing slant, whether this is to reduce cost or because of a fear of what testing would reveal, I am not sure.

The rapid testing as far as I know is on request than mandatory. The GAA needed many millions just to kick start this Inter County season. I'd like to hear who is funding the rapid testing as I doubt the GAA can afford it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

johnnycool

Level 5 in the offing in the south.

What's the impact on the championships if that does occur?

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on October 19, 2020, 04:25:33 PM

No championship, unless they make an exception.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: five points on October 19, 2020, 04:29:36 PM

According to RTE GAA Championship isn't effected by Level 5.

galwayman

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 19, 2020, 04:38:47 PM

Yeah I saw that on RTE alright.

Taylor

Quote from: galwayman on October 19, 2020, 04:44:22 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 19, 2020, 04:38:47 PM

Yeah I saw that on RTE alright.

No impact to the cship with Level 5.

If schools are to remain open and cship games to be played its more like level 4+ or 4.5