GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

So this shit is actually going ahead?

Donegal and Tyrone are meeting in Ballybofey this weekend?

screenexile

Quote from: supersub on October 14, 2020, 06:40:44 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2020, 12:48:11 PM
So the North have said

"No kind of organised contact sport involving households mixing outside the elite level"

I presume this covers the GAA.

Does this mean no training?? As usual sweet FA communication from Ulster GAA or from any of the 6 Counties on it!!

Catch yourself on. Seriously. Do you not think they will be looking some clarity themselves first? I'm
sure there is a queue at the door across the board seeking advice and clarity. Would it be totally shocking for businesses and livelihoods to get their answers before an amateur sport?

Tick tock . . .

magpie seanie

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2020, 12:44:46 PM

Here's some club rugby fixtures this weekend.....

SAT 17 OCT
BALLYMENA

14:30

OMAGH ACADEMICALS

Eaton Park
SAT 17 OCT
BELFAST HARLEQUINS

DUNGANNON

Deramore Park
SAT 17 OCT
CITY OF DERRY

BANGOR

Judge's Road
SAT 17 OCT
CLONTARF

UCD

Castle Avenue
SAT 17 OCT
ENNISCORTHY

NAVAN RFC

Alcast Park
SAT 17 OCT
GALWAY CORINTHIANS RFC

BUCCANEERS

Corinthian Park
SAT 17 OCT
GALWEGIANS

BALLINA

Crowley Park
SAT 17 OCT
GREYSTONES

MALAHIDE

Dr Hickey Park
SAT 17 OCT
LANSDOWNE

OLD BELVEDERE

Aviva Stadium
SAT 17 OCT
MALONE

BANBRIDGE

Gibson Park
SAT 17 OCT
MU BARNHALL

BLACKROCK COLLEGE

Parsonstown
SAT 17 OCT
NAAS

ST MARY'S COLLEGE

Forenaughts
SAT 17 OCT
OLD WESLEY

TERENURE COLLEGE

Energia Park
SAT 17 OCT
QUEENS UNIVERSITY

CITY OF ARMAGH

Dub Lane
SAT 17 OCT
RAINEY OLD BOYS

BALLYNAHINCH

Hatrick Park
SAT 17 OCT
WANDERERS

SKERRIES

Merrion Road

Redhand Santa

Looking forward to it, will be interesting to see if the championship has any bearing on the way the teams approach it. Both still need points and a game behind them so it should be fairly competitive.

Will be great to see some live gaa over the next 2 months if it goes ahead. It's relatively small numbers involved and most teams will be out with 3/4 weeks for now. Given the lack of cases attributed to thousands of club games the matches will hopefully pass of without issue. The only problem could be if an outsider won the All Ireland and everyone went on the drink together.

I think by now most people know the dangers of celebrations so hopefully there won't be the mass gatherings like happened after club matches.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on October 14, 2020, 05:48:46 PM
Yes GAA pulled all Club games in all 32 Counties independent of Governments.

A good few county finals still to be completed. Hard to see that happen this side of Christmas now.

dublin7

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 15, 2020, 02:02:56 PM

Looking forward to it, will be interesting to see if the championship has any bearing on the way the teams approach it. Both still need points and a game behind them so it should be fairly competitive.

Will be great to see some live gaa over the next 2 months if it goes ahead. It's relatively small numbers involved and most teams will be out with 3/4 weeks for now. Given the lack of cases attributed to thousands of club games the matches will hopefully pass of without issue. The only problem could be if an outsider won the All Ireland and everyone went on the drink together.

I think by now most people know the dangers of celebrations so hopefully there won't be the mass gatherings like happened after club matches.

It's ridiculous games are going ahead this weekend, especially in the North. Wexford clubs went on the piss after the county finals and now 6 players on the football/hurling panel have tested positive for Covid-19. Kerry players are expected to drive up to Monaghan individually and back again for their game. Crazy what's going on

magpie seanie

Quote from: dublin7 on October 15, 2020, 04:41:55 PM

It's ridiculous games are going ahead this weekend, especially in the North. Wexford clubs went on the piss after the county finals and now 6 players on the football/hurling panel have tested positive for Covid-19. Kerry players are expected to drive up to Monaghan individually and back again for their game. Crazy what's going on

What's you opinion of the rugby games I listed going ahead? A lot of them are taking place in the north. There's probably League of Ireland and Irish League soccer too. Are we not playing any of them or is it just GAA cos GAA is the only one that ever gets mentioned.

Captain Obvious

Most if not all teams will be expected to drive individually to their games this weekend than travelling together on a team bus.

dublin7

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 15, 2020, 04:47:44 PM

What's you opinion of the rugby games I listed going ahead? A lot of them are taking place in the north. There's probably League of Ireland and Irish League soccer too. Are we not playing any of them or is it just GAA cos GAA is the only one that ever gets mentioned.

LOI have shown they can deal with Covid-19 and implement social distancing. They haven't had any problems. The club rugby games shouldn't really go ahead either.

I see IRFU have now cancelled the club games at the weekend.

Rossfan

It's a stretch describing  Club rugby as "elite" or indeed L of I or IL soccer either.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

Quote from: dublin7 on October 15, 2020, 05:21:54 PM

LOI have shown they can deal with Covid-19 and implement social distancing. They haven't had any problems. The club rugby games shouldn't really go ahead either.

But there is no crowds at these games so your 'social distancing' is a moot point

dublin7

Quote from: Taylor on October 15, 2020, 05:36:36 PM

But there is no crowds at these games so your 'social distancing' is a moot point

LOI teams have shown they can organise games safely.  GAA have shown they can't. Do people really believe no fans will get into any games this weekend? As a player would you be comfortable travelling to Monaghan or Donegal this weekend were cases are out of control?

RedHand88

Club rugby is off now because it is not elite sport.

Angelo

I'd say a lot of intercounty players are probably glad of having football as a distraction in these times.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

A mate of mine is chairman of a league of Ireland rugby club here in Belfast, they've had loads of issues with having games played due to Covid, it's not plain sailing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea