Carlow SFC (at semi-final stage)
Cork SFC (final)
Donegal SFC (final)
Offaly SHC (final)
Kildare SHC (final)
Waterford SFC (final)
Meath SHC (final)
Longford Semis were to be tonight.
They were postponed a few weeks back due to Covid test results.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 05, 2020, 07:26:28 PM
Senior club championships yet to be completed

Longford SFC (at semi-final stage)
Laois SFC (at semi-final stage)
Laois SHC (final)
Carlow SFC (at semi-final stage)
Cork SFC (final)
Donegal SFC (final)
Offaly SHC (final)
Kildare SHC (final)
Waterford SFC (final)
Meath SHC (final)

Normally Galway SHC (final) would be played in (late)  November.  Covid is the reason it isn't on that list.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 06, 2020, 09:51:20 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 06, 2020, 09:43:24 AM
https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1313054321269972993?s=09

If you dare say that up here you are immediately classed as a unionist loving, west Brit, anti shinner Nolan fan

His Twitter is full of that sort of thing. This is a guy who played for Meath and coached 3 county sides. He is not an outsider.

rodney trotter

He's right. The GAA were bullish about wanting to increase crowds to 500,now back to no grounds. Affecting other sports too as the problem was mainly coming from the GAA.

The North with 400 was ridiculous too. Then they were all on the field after the Tyrone final. Obviously emotions running highly after a long wait but wasn't a great look if trying to limit the chances of spreading

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 06, 2020, 12:35:06 PM
He's right. The GAA were bullish about wanting to increase crowds to 500,now back to no grounds. Affecting other sports too as the problem was mainly coming from the GAA.

The North with 400 was ridiculous too. Then they were all on the field after the Tyrone final. Obviously emotions running highly after a long wait but wasn't a great look if trying to limit the chances of spreading

Do you honestly believe the main reason for the spikes would have been those games that were featured? This is when the media suck people in with headlines and then the dicks on the hill have some fuel to give off to the other side..

We have a rise in cases for a lot of reasons, supporters running on to a pitch is certainly one of them, celebrating in pubs afterwards is another..

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
People becoming complacent
Poor working facilities
Tourists
Opening schools and colleges

I'm sure there are others that have been left out, but to be allowed to believe that the GAA has been mainly the problem is wrong
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 12:42:51 PM

Do you honestly believe the main reason for the spikes would have been those games that were featured? This is when the media suck people in with headlines and then the dicks on the hill have some fuel to give off to the other side..

We have a rise in cases for a lot of reasons, supporters running on to a pitch is certainly one of them, celebrating in pubs afterwards is another..

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

I'm sure there are others that have been left out, but to be allowed to believe that the GAA has been mainly the problem is wrong

Nobody is saying that.

What is being said is within sport the GAA clearly didn't take this seriously and it has had repercussions for sports who put the time, effort and money into taking it seriously and that is particularly difficult to reconcile with the GAA's community ethos.

We are now facing the reality that the GAA has had to pull all games as it cannot trust its county boards to follow the law in order to protect its community. Thats ominious.

Main Street

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

Rod was referring to the negative perceptions about crowd behaviour at GAA  events being the main cause why it went from 500 being allowed in  to zero for all sports.        He was not making it out as being the main cause of the recent spikes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 06, 2020, 12:51:49 PM

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

Nobody is saying that.

What is being said is within sport the GAA clearly didn't take this seriously and it has had repercussions for sports who put the time, effort and money into taking it seriously and that is particularly difficult to reconcile with the GAA's community ethos.

We are now facing the reality that the GAA has had to pull all games as it cannot trust its county boards to follow the law in order to protect its community. Thats ominious.

It cant trust the numpties that go to the match, so ban the people attending and be done with that.. The Gaa can't stop people running on to a pitch, they can't stop numpties partying their win in the local pub, the county boards put faith in their clubs to ensure that the supporters were informed that coming on to the pitch was not allowed, a bit like plan b at Croke park. it happens and is wrong, but there are people (like you) falling over themselves to blame the GAA
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 01:09:32 PM

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

Nobody is saying that.

It cant trust the numpties that go to the match, so ban the people attending and be done with that.. The Gaa can't stop people running on to a pitch, they can't stop numpties partying their win in the local pub, the county boards put faith in their clubs to ensure that the supporters were informed that coming on to the pitch was not allowed, a bit like plan b at Croke park. it happens and is wrong, but there are people (like you) falling over themselves to blame the GAA

I am blaming the GAA for not enforcing social distancing at games, allowing celebrations on association grounds and playing players with Covid while publically questioning NEPHAT.

Who else should I blame?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 06, 2020, 12:15:15 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 06, 2020, 09:51:20 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 06, 2020, 09:43:24 AM
https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1313054321269972993?s=09

If you dare say that up here you are immediately classed as a unionist loving, west Brit, anti shinner Nolan fan

His Twitter is full of that sort of thing. This is a guy who played for Meath and coached 3 county sides. He is not an outsider.

Fair play to him

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 06, 2020, 01:25:31 PM

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

Nobody is saying that.

I am blaming the GAA for not enforcing social distancing at games, allowing celebrations on association grounds and playing players with Covid while publically questioning NEPHAT.

Who else should I blame?

Stewards were at the games to try and contain that, and any of the games i was at there was social distancing, so are you blaming all the GAA or just the ones you seen on tv?

Allowing celebrations on the the pitch?  was that the team just celebrating or was it the small amount of times it happened and was on tv? again in the finals that I was at this year, it didn't happen.

I seems to me that there was some infringements and some people lost the run of themselves but to just come out and have a dig at the GAA as a whole and not the individual games then you are no different to big Nolan.

You do have an agenda on this so I don't really take your posts on the GAA too seriously

Eire90

well i said all county championships should be straight knockout anyway  group stages make it to much like a league the county championships should be the sudden death competition with no second chances.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 01:38:58 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 06, 2020, 01:25:31 PM

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

Nobody is saying that.

Who else should I blame?

Stewards were at the games to try and contain that, and any of the games i was at there was social distancing, so are you blaming all the GAA or just the ones you seen on tv?

Allowing celebrations on the the pitch?  was that the team just celebrating or was it the small amount of times it happened and was on tv? again in the finals that I was at this year, it didn't happen.

I seems to me that there was some infringements and some people lost the run of themselves but to just come out and have a dig at the GAA as a whole and not the individual games then you are no different to big Nolan.

You do have an agenda on this so I don't really take your posts on the GAA too seriously

Nolan? Thats the GAA equivalent of Godwin

So you agree there were 'infringements', agree they shouldn't have hsppened but discussion of them and what they caused is hunnery.

Try a lot harder.

johnnycool

Quote from: Eire90 on October 06, 2020, 02:25:31 PM
well i said all county championships should be straight knockout anyway  group stages make it to much like a league the county championships should be the sudden death competition with no second chances.

What if you've only four teams in your senior championship?

rodney trotter

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

I'm talking about a Sporting context. Obviously there is other areas. Northern Ireland is a basket case with the virus and high numbers against today. But in a Sports context, it could have been controlled better, having twice the Number into grounds compared to Republic was pointless.

Meeting up in pubs was another issue,. They either should have kept the pubs closed or the the individuals behave more responsible and select a limited format indoors for watching.