GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

They've started experimenting with fans being back. Chelsea Brighton friendly(I think) had them.

Rossfan

As far as I know the English soccer has pencilled in the 1st weekend in October for limited no of spectators.
Amateur and low level sport is now allowed 300 spectators in Engkand.
I think Scotland are still behind closed doors like us.

Wouldn't it be great if top level professional soccer was to lose
€£$Billions and bring reality back into it.
To think some players get paid the same as 250 Nurses.

An inter County SFC and SHC with no spectators is a terrible prospect.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Rossfan

Hopefully no spectators allowed at rubby so :D

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: seafoid on September 04, 2020, 07:00:51 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 04, 2020, 05:14:17 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on September 04, 2020, 12:59:07 PM
https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0904/1163171-coronavirus-sport/
See what happens when you present a united front?

1 metre social distancing should allow 1/4 of pre covid attendance. Rugby really needs the money.

Would be an awful shame if our social betters in rugby country(tm) had an FAI like financial meltdown and the media shone a light on their finances.

the goal was on

Watching Tyrone semi tonight all spectators should be banned. No social distancing, shouting and roaring on top of each other and then another pitch invasion . Unless of course that's a bubble of 150! Handshaking Hugging galore , finals will be worst and there is gonna be mass gatherings in towns that win championships.  If this is allowed then just let us all get back to normal

thewobbler

Quote from: the goal was on on September 05, 2020, 10:00:36 PM
Watching Tyrone semi tonight all spectators should be banned. No social distancing, shouting and roaring on top of each other and then another pitch invasion . Unless of course that's a bubble of 150! Handshaking Hugging galore , finals will be worst and there is gonna be mass gatherings in towns that win championships.  If this is allowed then just let us all get back to normal

Oh great, the fun police are back.

The kind of person who has convinced himself that it's okay for a group of men from disparate communities to stand beside and hug each other for an hour, as long it's on a green field - but that people from the same community can't sit beside each other for an hour watching this happen.

There is no way on this earth you can square these two sides.

Stormont at least have had the decency up to acknowledge this.

the goal was on

The games are seen as casual contact, hence the lack of changing rooms. Sitting beside someone for 2 hrs inside 2 metres u are now a close contact. How can we expect society as a whole to conform to the rules if we just say yeah this is grand , work away.  Dont want to be a killjoy but if this was happening on the street there would be an outcry

thewobbler

Quote from: the goal was on on September 05, 2020, 10:23:42 PM
The games are seen as casual contact, hence the lack of changing rooms. Sitting beside someone for 2 hrs inside 2 metres u are now a close contact. How can we expect society as a whole to conform to the rules if we just say yeah this is grand , work away.  Dont want to be a killjoy but if this was happening on the street there would be an outcry

Just to be clear. Are you okay with hundreds of people in the main concourse of a shopping mall, or running around Tesco, as long as they're wearing some form of face mask?

I assume you are, as it's legally allowed.

But if you're okay with that, and not okay with people meeting in vast outdoor stadiums, I'm going to have to urge you to start thinking for yourself.

the goal was on

90 percent of people in Tesco are wearing masks , keeping distance , sanitising etc. Tonight in Healy 90 % of people were doing the opposite. The world has stopped handshaking but it's ok for dozens of them tonight? These actions would certainly spread Covid. The saving grace is there is little of it present currently in the community. If there was these actions would help the spread further

thewobbler

Quote from: the goal was on on September 05, 2020, 10:42:42 PM
90 percent of people in Tesco are wearing masks , keeping distance , sanitising etc. Tonight in Healy 90 % of people were doing the opposite. The world has stopped handshaking but it's ok for dozens of them tonight? These actions would certainly spread Covid. The saving grace is there is little of it present currently in the community. If there was these actions would help the spread further

90% sure you're pulling numbers out of your arse.

If you believe that indoors environments can actually be safer than outdoor environments, once you slip on a grubby 3-for-a-tenner face mask, again I would then urge you start thinking for yourself.

the goal was on

Ok 92% :), well most recent studies showing masks are effective ! Also people do need to shop, do they need to be at a footie game in a pandemic! I'm only throwing it out there, not saying I'm right but the inconsistencies are staggering at this stage