GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Genuine question.

This weekend games all being played behind closed doors. Imbon my clubs executive and I will be at the games due to my role. If johnny thickass turns up cos he thinks the government are corrupt and enters the ground to watch the match, what exactly are me or the club executive committee supposed to do?

BennyCake

Would it depend on whether he's allowed to walk in through the gate/turnstile, or whether he climbs the perimeter fence?

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on August 22, 2020, 02:27:05 PM
Genuine question.

This weekend games all being played behind closed doors. Imbon my clubs executive and I will be at the games due to my role. If johnny thickass turns up cos he thinks the government are corrupt and enters the ground to watch the match, what exactly are me or the club executive committee supposed to do?

Taser him.

And were a mask and gloves before rifling through his pockets

armaghniac

Genuine question.

First close the gates so that people cannot wander in.
Second if people climb over the wall etc ask them to leave. If they do not, then make sure they are not welcome in the club in future.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Genuine question.

Let him look after the jerseys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuypxE-EP9c

Baile Brigín 2

Genuine question.

What would you do if he entered the frounds to steal from cars ot take sly pictures of kids? You reef him out of it or call the cops.

These questions are a bit silly

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on August 22, 2020, 07:18:00 PM
Genuine question.

First close the gates so that people cannot wander in.
Second if people climb over the wall etc ask them to leave. If they do not, then make sure they are not welcome in the club in future.

Remove them as club members? That's what i was thinking. Our grounds are not completely enclosed, there are a number of gates which are locked but easy to climb over. Am I am talking about 1/2 families, and I am sure every club has them, that think of the rules as being for everyone else except them.

armaghniac

John Horan on the radio there. My understanding of what he said was that they would proceed with inter-county and would borrow money. If in the middle of the championship one county gets locked down then tough, this is what happened in the past for foot and mouth.
So with few cases in Kerry then the obvious thing to do is for the Kerry board to surreptitiously sponsor a monster rave and love in event in Dublin towards the end of the championship, then play the final against Mayo/Tyrone/Galway etc in Thurles.

Rossfan

Didnt hear it but presumably it's to get media and sponsors' money?
Not much "all in it together" if a County will be eliminated due to a local lockdown etc.
And no supporters allowed in?
Will the "soft support" ever come back?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

It's a farce, finish off the club season, try and maybe run off the last two rounds of the league and then see how things are in 2021.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2020, 02:31:34 PM
Not much "all in it together" if a County will be eliminated due to a local lockdown etc.

WIth this Covid you can close everything or do what you can.
You also have to keep the GAA in the public eye, especially if there is non stop soccer 5 days a week on TV.

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2020, 02:31:34 PM
And no supporters allowed in?
Will the "soft support" ever come back?

What's 'soft support'?

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on August 23, 2020, 04:25:43 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0823/1160803-counties-step-aside-covid-outbreaks/
The rural Covid afflicted will be stalking Dublin footballers to try and infect them and deny them six in a row by default

The Rasputin All-Ireland