HENRY GONE!

Started by ExiledGael, June 22, 2007, 06:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Spanish media reporting Thierry Henry has signed a four year deal with Barcelona! Breaking news on Sky

Syd

Great stuff, anything to add O Neill......???

Galwaybhoy

Thought he said he was happy?  Also I hope Barca didnt give TOO much money for him, he is 29 years old after all.

If this is true Arsenal will find it near impossible to replace him.

ExiledGael

Sky Sports News now saying they've confirmed it themselves

Square Ball

BBC saying it as well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

slow corner back

They certainly missed hime last year when he was injured. There is some real bad blood behind the scemes at arsenal. Wenger rested Henry when he was fit before christmas then played him in europe when he was unfit, his last game for them by the look of it. With Dein walking out the wheels seem to be coming off badly at the emirates.
Does this mean Samuel Etoo is up for grabs?

Square Ball

BBc also said that the have contacted Arsenal who have denied it.

Galwaybhoy

£24m is the figure mentioned on Barcalona.  A lot of money for a 29 year old...I assume Eto is on his way out then, he would be a good signing for any club.

ONeill

The time was right. We'd seen the best of him and he'd given everything over the last 7 years. The best. Ever.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

they are mentioning 16 million, agree with O'Neill, one of the greatest strikers to grace the premership

ONeill

Grace is the word. One of those players that other supporters appreciated. Some brilliant memories and fitting he closed the Highbury chapter. That was his real home.

£16 does seem a bargain, even at 29. With AC Milan breathing down their necks I thought Arsenal could've eeked out £20+, unless there's more to the deal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2007, 07:32:54 PM
they are mentioning 16 million, agree with O'Neill, one of the greatest strikers to grace the premership

Yeah just hearing 16m there on Sky Sports, I'm sure they said £24m on Sky Sports News a few minutes ago.

Yeah a huge loss for Arsenal.  I remember argueing with my Man Utd mate who was the better striker Ruud or Henry.  Always Henry for me, the best striker in the Prem in years.  Quality striker.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on June 22, 2007, 07:14:19 PM
£24m is the figure mentioned on Barcalona.  A lot of money for a 29 year old...I assume Eto is on his way out then, he would be a good signing for any club.

Whats all this 29year old stuff sure he has another 5 years at least at the top level,29 isn't old for a footballer IMHO
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on June 22, 2007, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2007, 07:32:54 PM

Yeah just hearing 16m there on Sky Sports, I'm sure they said £24m on Sky Sports News a few minutes ago.

Yeah a huge loss for Arsenal.  I remember argueing with my Man Utd mate who was the better striker Ruud or Henry.  Always Henry for me, the best striker in the Prem in years.  Quality striker.

Maybe it was 24million euro?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Still on official announcement acording to the BBC, this should happen in the next day ot two