Colin "F*****G" Murray!!!

Started by T O Hare, April 22, 2010, 03:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Murray has been announced as the new presenter of MOTD2 taking over from Adrain Chiles... I thought things were bad when he ruined the darts coverage on BBC but this is taking the biscuit!!! He is one annoying man!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

thebigfella

Quote from: T O Hare on April 22, 2010, 03:49:39 PM
Murray has been announced as the new presenter of MOTD2 taking over from Adrain Chiles... I thought things were bad when he ruined the darts coverage on BBC but this is taking the biscuit!!! He is one annoying man!!!

Better than Chiles though..... and I quite like him on fighting talk and that other sports show he does for 5 live on a friday night.

the colonel

Quote from: thebigfella on April 22, 2010, 03:52:04 PM

Better than Chiles though..... and I quite like him on fighting talk and that other sports show he does for 5 live on a friday night.

No way bigfella. Chiles is good, Murray is an absolute idiot. His accent wrecks my head. His knowledge of football doesn't even seem that good either
the difference between success and failure is energy

AFS

I don't mind him. MOTD2 is more about having the craic with whatever clueless ex-pro is in for the night and stupid pieces on what club have the best pies in the league than actually analysing football, so I wouldn't worry too much about his football knowledge. Better choice than Gabby Logan or that boring f**ker Manish anyway.

Orior

Yea, but why exactly does he annoy you?

He annoys me because he knows feck all about the largest participation sport in Ireland - Gaelic football
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Massey-135

Natural enough replacement, will keep the same sort of '3 lads down the pub' atmosphere as Chiles. I like murray, would to have had his career, jammy bastard.

Why does him not knowing anything about the GAA annoy you? He's a protestant so why would he? Plus he's not presenting a GAA show, so who gives a shite if he knows his ballinderrys from his ballinascreens?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Massey-135 on April 22, 2010, 04:09:11 PM
Natural enough replacement, will keep the same sort of '3 lads down the pub' atmosphere as Chiles. I like murray, would to have had his career, jammy b**tard.

Why does him not knowing anything about the GAA annoy you? He's a protestant so why would he? Plus he's not presenting a GAA show, so who gives a shite if he knows his ballinderrys from his ballinascreens?

Well that's controversial...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

gorm agus bui

Must agree. Irritating tit. Was a prat on R1 but his knowledge of football is scant.The Mid Atlantic accent drives me mad

ross4life

I thought he was going to host it

until i discovered it was Murray & not Murphy  :P
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gorm agus bui on April 22, 2010, 04:16:09 PM
Must agree. Irritating tit. Was a prat on R1 but his knowledge of football is scant.The Mid Atlantic accent drives me mad
How the f**k is his accent "Mid Atlantic"? Are you sure you have the right person?

Don't mind the fella at all. Local lad done good.

Orior

Quote from: Massey-135 on April 22, 2010, 04:09:11 PM
Natural enough replacement, will keep the same sort of '3 lads down the pub' atmosphere as Chiles. I like murray, would to have had his career, jammy b**tard.

He's a typical little englander
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tyrone girl

Bit like urself then  :o

Doogie Browser

The only annoying thing about him is that he is a Liverpool fan, enough of a reason to hate him I suppose...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 22, 2010, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: gorm agus bui on April 22, 2010, 04:16:09 PM
How the f**k is his accent "Mid Atlantic"? Are you sure you have the right person?

Don't mind the fella at all. Local lad done good.

What the hell is a Mid Atlantic accent anyway?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

screenexile

Does he need to know a lot about football? Keys doesn't know a pile and he seems to do alright.

I don't mind Murray and used to enjoy his Radio 1 show in the evenings when he had a lot of good stuff on. I've seen him a few times on Channel 5 and various Poker Events and I have to say he's alright and seems a likeable wnough chap who gets on with everybody.

He has done extremely well for himself as a journalist and making the transition from music over to sport hasn't seemed to phase him too much either. More power too him I say!!