Students rioting in town

Started by Capt Pat, November 03, 2010, 03:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

The students have occupied the department of finance and are getting chucked out by the pigs, it is only matter of time before before all the workers leave the coalmines and soot factories and join them on the streets, the revelution is here.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Gaaman

Shamrock Shore

I marched on the Dáil in 1986 to protest at the closing of Carysfort Teacher Training College by Gemma Hussey. It was all good natured and we had a rake of pints after. No harm was caused and I think about 4 Gardai marshalled us. Of course our march was pointed as it didnt reverse the decision.

Would I be surprised if I hear Eirigi are somewhere in the mix here.

ziggysego

I've been on a few protests in my time, but they were all legal protests. Introduction of Student Grants and the downgrading of the Tyrone County Hospital.
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on November 03, 2010, 04:24:28 PM
I've been on a few protests in my time, but they were all legal protests. Introduction of Student Grants and the downgrading of the Tyrone County Hospital.

I would have thought people were in favour of student grants.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

I feel sorry for the students. It was their parents' property investment lark that caused
the crisis. It all goes around in circles. They were doing it to pay for their children's education. 

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on November 03, 2010, 04:29:48 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 03, 2010, 04:24:28 PM

I would have thought people were in favour of student grants.

Ah FFS, I meant Fees  :D
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: seafoid on November 03, 2010, 04:35:14 PM
I feel sorry for the students. It was their parents' property investment lark that caused
the crisis. It all goes around in circles. They were doing it to pay for their children's education.
and holidays, and the car that the little princess drove to school in......

One of the stats best showing just how pointless the abolition of college fees was, is that showing the huge rise in students attending fee paying schools at the same time.  In other words we'll happily fork out the 5k p.a for schools now that we don't have to pay for your college.  It'll mean you get the right grounding and meet the right sort of people, it's always good to network you know!

armaghniac

QuoteOne of the stats best showing just how pointless the abolition of college fees was, is that showing the huge rise in students attending fee paying schools at the same time.

You could also observe the parking problems at many educational institutions, it wasn't like that when I was in college.

QuoteIt'll mean you get the right grounding and meet the right sort of people, it's always good to network you know!

Mind you some of these private schools are feeling the pinch of late, having to throw out students because no fees were forthcoming.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

I recognise some of the people in some of the photos from my Trinity days. Some of them belong to the eternal student class, who I have no sympathy for. I don't mean research students or Masters students - it's the one who hang around the clubs and societies and student unions for years that piss me off.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 03, 2010, 03:52:06 PM
The students have occupied the department of finance and are getting chucked out by the pigs, it is only matter of time before before all the workers leave the coalmines and soot factories and join them on the streets, the revelution is here.

???

Portugal, Ireland/Italy, Greece & Spain!!!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.