2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

... and that's if things go well.

Rossfan

Meath population 195,044 in 2016 Census (3 time Ros or Monaghan)
Now very much an Intermediate team.
Where did it all go wrong lads and lassies?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Not sure how much of a loss Paddy O'Rourke will be he was prone to a lot of errors. Keoghan,Harnan are two good defenders they will be a big loss. Joe Sheridan coming back as a keeper didn't seem to catch fire. Rooney looked a good player before he left for Australia

Meath have been in the promotion mix the last few years will be a big surprise if they are in a relegation battle this year.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on January 02, 2018, 03:23:07 PM
80s and 90s they had a good batch of footballers and they were managed by a very wise head in Sean Boylan. Since Sean left things turned south, the quality of players no longer there and only recently they started improving things at county underage and club level.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 02, 2018, 03:41:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 02, 2018, 03:23:07 PM
80s and 90s they had a good batch of footballers and they were managed by a very wise head in Sean Boylan. Since Sean left things turned south, the quality of players no longer there and only recently they started improving things at county underage and club level.

I'd say it is not so easy to harness the commuter belt people that work in the city and moved out. That would be a big part of the current population. I am sure the competition from other sports is also much higher than it used to be. Still there does appear to have been an element in Meath football that didn't want to move with the times convinced that the Meath way could still overcome. Cavan thought the same leaving the 60s and crashed through the floor and are really struggling to be relevant again. Its a slippery slope to climb back up once you go down.

Rossfan

The GAA needs a strong Meath because if we start losing Counties with big young populations were in bother.
Also to
Keep some manners on Dublin
And
So we can all have a team to dislike 😆

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 02, 2018, 04:24:04 PM
The GAA needs a strong Meath because if we start losing Counties with big young populations were in bother.
Also to
And

If you're only coming to the realisation the GAA is in bother now, welcome to 2013.

Smurfy123

Division 2 is no where near as strong as last year in my opinion
A lot of average teams with Louth likely to be the whipping boys of it
Meath Cavan and Cork seem to have lost a lot of players in the off season so I wouldn't expect any of those 3 to be in promotion territory
Clare would be the next favourites to go down along with Meath
That leaves Ourselves Down Roscommon and Tipperary for promotion
I would have Roscommon as favourites to go up and Down as well
It really is a poor division this year

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on January 02, 2018, 04:52:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 02, 2018, 04:24:04 PM
Also to
And

If you're only coming to the realisation the GAA is in bother now, welcome to 2013.
Adult discussion !Please go out and play😅

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 02, 2018, 05:09:23 PM
Meath Cavan and Cork seem to have lost a lot of players in the off season so I wouldn't expect any of those 3 to be in promotion territory

I still think Down will be looking at the other end of the table come the end of the league. Can only see us beating Louth and Clare. Cavan and Tipp at a push.

tippabu

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 02, 2018, 05:09:23 PM

Speaking for ourselves (tipp) we could very easily go either way, I wouldnt be surprised if we go straight back down as we have traditionally been poor in the league even last year when we won div 3 we were poor but equally cavan and cork are both favourites to go up, we beat cavan in breffini last year in the championship and over the last 3/4 years weve played cork 3 times and theres only been a point either way between us each time so theres noone in div 2 we cant mix it with. The louth match is the only match at home id be targeting as a win every other game i think we can easily win or lose depending on the day. Really looking forward to getting back to it.

Smurfy123

Meath are very poor too and with the Nemo players missing for at least 4 games that will hamper Cork
Roscommon
Down
Cork
Tipp
Cavan
Meath
Clare
Louth

Louth could go the whole campaign without a win

mrdeeds

Cavan could be relegated. I've being speaking to players and it's shocking what's going on.

Blowitupref

How many Nemo Rangers players was on the Cork team that brought Mayo to extra time this summer? Cork should be there or thereabouts for promotion this year IMO.

On the strength of div 2 I don't think it's much different from last year. Roscommon replace Galway you could say like for like. Cavan replace kildare again similar ranked sides. Tipp replace Derry while Louth instead of Fermanagh with their former manager.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tippabu

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 02, 2018, 08:24:50 PM
How many Nemo Rangers players was on the Cork team that brought Mayo to extra time this summer? Cork should be there or thereabouts for promotion this year IMO.

On the strength of div 2 I don't think it's much different from last year. Roscommon replace Galway you could say like for like. Cavan replace kildare again similar ranked sides. Tipp replace Derry while Louth instead of Fermanagh with their former manager.

4 nemo players on that team. I find it hard to use mayo games as benchmarks for teams, derry, cork and roscommon could have easily beaten them and galway did, mayo seem to either raise or lower their performances based on the opposition.