Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 17, 2019, 09:15:02 PM
Beer, burgers & bad women in Belfast. The decline of Antrim football since 1969, all summed up in a single sentence.

They have beer, burgers and bad women in other counties too you know...

playwiththewind1st

Aye but their athletes don't party @ Paul Gascoigne levels though!

Belfast GAA man

Any news of new additions to the county panel....

paddyjohn

Eamon Fyfe from Con Magees is the only one I heard of.

imtommygunn

What is mcgarry from aldergrove like? Is he county material?

bannside

Good player surely ITG. Couldnt be far away.

breakingball

paddyjohn

Quote from: Peter john on October 18, 2019, 09:36:14 PM
Eamonn fyfe is not county standard even at div 4 level, and for what it's worth, commitment would be an issue there

He was on the panel a few years ago before he got a placement in the states. Played on the Queens sigerson team before injury struck so I don't know what you're basing your statement on.

Belfast GAA man

Rumour has it that the refs have been told to ask players for ID to check their ages in tomorrow's u21 matches.....

BigBallWeeBall

Well BFast GAA - if only that had happened last year. I also heard that because ineligible players were played last year that 2018 championship will be expunged. Pure chaos again...what will happen to teams that played ineligible players last weekend.

Milltown Row2

The team sheets would show up any issues
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Only if the correct ones go In

Sportacus

Glad the County Chairman spoke against 2nd Tier at Congress. It won't be good for Antrim.  Our problems at County level are our own fault, not the system.

paddyjohn

I cant see teams playing illegal players, surely if they are caught the sanctions imposed wouldn't be worth it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 19, 2019, 07:53:23 PM
Only if the correct ones go In

I can't see a club sec allowing that to happen, as it's them and the illegal player that will suffer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea