Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGBlue

I'm sure there will be some info on it soon enough. Silly on a antrims part thinking they could get away with it. I'd say ods and doyne would be both onto it as it hinders the draw

Antrim Coaster

Whats the story with Mitchells ? Will they survive this season at all?

I was looking at their results and they've been on the end of some serious hammerings in the Antrim JFC.

Their hurling team closed down a good few years ago and a few of their hurlers were trying to get a game anywhere they could - think a few played for McDermotts after the Teresa's split, there was a Belfast Shamrocks amalgamation which didnt last too long.

Used to play on that pitch up near Poleglass on Pembrooke Loop Road if memory serves me correctly.

It seems they have slipped through the net with regards to catchment area, underage, primary school links etc and appear to be running on fumes. T

hey were a senior hurling club in the sixties.

imtommygunn

They have three senior hurling titles to their name and two football. (Granted four of the five are over a century ago).

Quite sad to see really but difficult to get put out by score difference in that group when one team wins by 70+ and another wins by less than that. Once you get up to 20s, 30s and 40s it's inconsequential really.

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: themac_23 on August 20, 2020, 02:03:16 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on August 20, 2020, 01:45:57 PM
If this is true how did match go ahead

How would it not? Both teams agree to it and stick 2 registered players on the team sheet, not the referees job to check players are who the team sheet says they are, 15 players on the sheet and 15 on the pitch nothing referee can do.
Stupid to play game then. If true Comghalls are out. ODs  will likely press for this to happen

delgany

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on August 20, 2020, 05:24:48 PM

How would it not? Both teams agree to it and stick 2 registered players on the team sheet, not the referees job to check players are who the team sheet says they are, 15 players on the sheet and 15 on the pitch nothing referee can do.
Stupid to play game then. If true Comghalls are out. ODs  will likely press for this to happen

If this is found to be correct

It is possible that the scores from the Mitchells would be declared null and void , then

The following would apply - ?
Exceptions to (c):
Except where provided for otherwise in County Bye-Law or Competition Regulation,

(d) In the event that two teams or more finish with equal points, but have been
affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or
walk over, the tie shall be decided by the following means:
(i) Score Difference from the games in which only the teams involved, (teams tied on
points), have played each other. (subtracting the total Scores Against from total
Scores For)
(ii) Highest Total Score For, in which only the teams involved, have played each
other, and have finished equal in (i)
(iii) A Play-Off (e) A Disqualification shall only affect further participation in the
current Championship involved and not the following year's Championship or
Qualification for it. In the context of a Disqualification, in any Promotion or
Relegation Process, a Team shall retain the points it has won in a Stage of the
Championship run on a League Basis.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on August 19, 2020, 10:55:21 PM
The vast majority of Portglenone members were happy with the amalgamation until a couple of years ago a big push came to wear our own colours and build our own brand. That idea gathered momentum and the dam burst at an agm where  the annual standing motion to maintain the union was overwhelmingly defeated. It coincided with our new facilities and I suppose with that a desire to develop our own juveniles with a renewed vigour.
and do the ahoghill boys sanction to you now or have u Dropped them completely?

bannside

I really couldnt tell you where they go tbh. Dont think many are coming to us lets put it that way. Moneyglass would get a few from what I hear maybe Tir Na Nog.

delgany

Quote from: delgany on August 20, 2020, 05:40:03 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on August 20, 2020, 05:24:48 PM

If this is found to be correct

It is possible that the scores from the Mitchells would be declared null and void , then

The following would apply - ?
Exceptions to (c):
Except where provided for otherwise in County Bye-Law or Competition Regulation,

(d) In the event that two teams or more finish with equal points, but have been
affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or
walk over, the tie shall be decided by the following means:
(i) Score Difference from the games in which only the teams involved, (teams tied on
points), have played each other. (subtracting the total Scores Against from total
Scores For)
(ii) Highest Total Score For, in which only the teams involved, have played each
other, and have finished equal in (i)
(iii) A Play-Off (e) A Disqualification shall only affect further participation in the
current Championship involved and not the following year's Championship or
Qualification for it. In the context of a Disqualification, in any Promotion or
Relegation Process, a Team shall retain the points it has won in a Stage of the
Championship run on a League Basis.

Rule applied
JFC SEMIS
Pearses v St.Comgalls
Ballycastle v Ardoyne

NGBlue

Have to feel for ods. A small club trying it's best and you have comgalls trying to pull a sly one, getting caught and no repercussions. Opens it up for others the try and bend the rules

imtommygunn

Have they really intended to pull a fast one here though? What would have happened if Mitchell's hadn't fielded? How would they have worked out score difference?

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2020, 10:08:26 PM
Have they really intended to pull a fast one here though? What would have happened if Mitchell's hadn't fielded? How would they have worked out score difference?

It would have resulted in the rule being applied  and the same Semi finals

breakingball

If that is true, Mitchells have therefore conceeded the game and score difference will be null and void and it will go to head to head?

The Pearses and Ballycastle group is fairly weak. Best two teams (Ardoyne and Antrim) in the other group and they should both made it through to the final.

breakingball

All 4 intermediate finalists will fancy their chances. It'll all be who plays well on the day, not much between the 4. My money would be on Moneyglass v Dunloy final and maybe Moneyglass shading it with no hurling to worry about.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: breakingball on August 20, 2020, 11:30:27 PM
All 4 intermediate finalists will fancy their chances. It'll all be who plays well on the day, not much between the 4. My money would be on Moneyglass v Dunloy final and maybe Moneyglass shading it with no hurling to worry about.

Dunloy might not have hurling to worry about  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: delgany on August 20, 2020, 10:16:48 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2020, 10:08:26 PM

It would have resulted in the rule being applied  and the same Semi finals

So much ado about nothing then...

I would say moneyglass and ballymena best in intermediate. Maybe ballymena to win.