China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 20, 2020, 01:11:45 PM
Yes agree on both points. Better safe than sorry and as five points said things were starting to slow down for businesses anyway as the world was coming to a standstill
Now Leo and co have giving out a planned opening phase but with 3 weeks in between each one.
I would like to think they may reassess that with maybe a 2 week window
So basically it would read
Phase 1 May 18
Phase 2 June 1
Phase 3 June 15
Phase 4 June 29
Phase 5 July 13

Thoughts?

I think its better to maintain the 3 week interval.
That allows a week for the new measures to fall into place, and then 2 more weeks to study whether or not that loosening as had a detrimental impact on spread of the virus. With the incubation period you would need that amount of time to safely assess the impact.
No point rushing things now when ground work has been done.

Kidder81

So just 20 ICU beds in use in North, a very positive sign

Cunny Funt

Good to see the cases in the ROI fall below 100 for the last 5 days in a row. Recoveries is at 21,060 and the amount of active cases stand at 1684.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 20, 2020, 08:27:11 PM
Good to see the cases in the ROI fall below 100 for the last 5 days in a row. Recoveries is at 21,060 and the amount of active cases stand at 1684.

Come July we should be having restaurant and bars with open air facilities opening, albeit with reduced numbers to create the required distance, though you ain't allowed to go to the toilet lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

The South of Ireland has the lowest R rate in Europe at 0.25 approx.
Great news
So I asked the question why move so slow?
The headline news on BBC ulster now is the catastrophic number of cancer patients which are now backlogged with stuff that have been put off this 3 months
Overwhelming and will cause a lot of deaths

GetOverTheBar

Are the pictures from the Beaches in England doing rounds yesterday legit do you think? There does look like some effort to keep a bit of a radius which leads me to believe they could well be.

The English have no common sense. Although it's looking like a warm day today.....Portrush will be a test.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 21, 2020, 09:39:04 AM
Great news
The headline news on BBC ulster now is the catastrophic number of cancer patients which are now backlogged with stuff that have been put off this 3 months
Overwhelming and will cause a lot of deaths

Maybe just trust them considering they seem to have done things right?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Smurfy123

I hear what you are saying true but Leo did say he will follow the science. If things need to slow down he will slow it down and if things need to move on he will move things on.
You get me

RadioGAAGAA

For every week they keep it at 0.25, then its so much easier to try and keep a lid on it when they do open up.

If there are 200 carriers now out in the wild, that becomes 50 in ~2 weeks.

Put like this - with the exact same track/trace operation in place, another week or two of R = 0.25 means they could open up things quite a bit more aggressively - or rather - they could a minor misstep or two in easing the wrong lockdown measures.
i usse an speelchekor

whitegoodman

Is there a link to the 0.25 rate ?

armaghniac

Great news

Who says this? It seems improbable. Link please.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

Quote from: armaghniac on May 21, 2020, 11:16:02 AM
Great news

Who says this? It seems improbable. Link please.

In the UK I read the R rate is not a here and now figure but a week or two behind what is happening today - is this the case in the South as well?

If the .25 figure is accurate and a couple of weeks behind that would change the picture considerably............

Maroon Manc

There looks like there's a possibility of a pregnancy style test on the mass market by July and could cost about £25, would take 30 minutes to get a result too.

Perhaps there is hope for a championship this year.

imtommygunn

Can anyone find that link to the 0.25 R rate??

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 21, 2020, 12:16:11 PM
There looks like there's a possibility of a pregnancy style test on the mass market by July and could cost about £25, would take 30 minutes to get a result too.

Perhaps there is hope for a championship this year.

My aim isn't great....This could be tricky.