Diamonds

Started by southdown, September 17, 2012, 12:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Haven't a clue about diamonds but Im hearing that you can make serious £££ buying and selling them on again.  Has anybody any knowledge on diamonds or have any experience of how to make a few quid on them? 

Had a quick skim through ebay and saw some sellers who have clearly after a quick sale and prices appear to be low.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: southdown on September 17, 2012, 12:49:25 PM
Haven't a clue about diamonds but Im hearing that you can make serious £££ buying and selling them on again.  Has anybody any knowledge on diamonds or have any experience of how to make a few quid on them? 

Had a quick skim through ebay and saw some sellers who have clearly after a quick sale and prices appear to be low.

http://www.wikihow.com/Buy-Cheap-Diamonds

heganboy

Quote from: southdown on September 17, 2012, 12:49:25 PM

please don't do this.

If you feel that you have to- one piece of advice. Only spend money that you can afford to lose, and when I say lose, I mean lose all of it, with no comeback.

Why would you invest in anything that you don't have a clue about? What is it about this investment that you have heard that makes it a good deal for the man in the street that's better than putting it on a horse? Do you not think there are enough middlemen in the gem business that take their cut out of each transaction that leaves any margin for profit for you very unlikely or with a suitable risk profile to suit what you want in terms of return on your capital?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

southdown

Thats why Im asking, trying to build up knowledge on the subject before looking into it.

The Iceman

There are no easy ways to make money. Youre not going to learn about diamond trading on a GAA board or anywhere else at this point in your life. Come on now will you....

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

balladmaker

If your first port of call to find out about such things is a GAA board, then maybe it's best just to stay clear of the diamond trading business  ;)

Puckoon

When you get to London...if you want a gun...call this number.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: balladmaker on September 17, 2012, 07:34:10 PM
If your first port of call to find out about such things is a GAA board, then maybe it's best just to stay clear of the diamond trading business  ;)

Seems his first port of call was actually e bay which would strengthen your point even more
Careful now

Tony Baloney

Everything you need to know about diamond trading can be found in To Hull and Back.

Bonne de douche my friend, bonne de douche.